The EFL at it again? Blocking signings?

RoyMac5

Asked how much dialogue with CEO Stephen Pearce and chairman Mel Morris about the situation, Rooney said: "On a daily basis, as you can imagine. I am constantly phoning, sometimes by the hour trying to get a different answer.

"So I am pushing, but in fairness to the club they need help as well. It is not just the club, there are number of things we need to try and get sorted."

Wayne Rooney provides key update on Derby County's bid to strengthen squad - Derbyshire Live (derbytelegraph.co.uk)

When questioned, Rooney stated he has 2 teams in mind for Huddersfield depending on whether signings can be made or not.

1st team players used: Roos, Marshall, Byrne, McDonald, Forsyth, Buchanan, Williams, Bird, Shinnie, Sibley, Watson, Jozwiak, Lawrence, Ebosele, Hutchinson, Kazim

U23s used: Bardell, LThompson, Aghatise

Free agents used: Allsop, Davies, Wisdom, Jagielka, Stearman, Carroll, Morrison, Aluko, Baldock

Team without signings:

Roos
Byrne   Solomon   Forsyth   Buchanan
Bird   Shinnie
Jozwiak   Lawrence   Hutchinson/Watson
Kazim

Team with signings:

Roos
Byrne   Jagielka   Davies   Buchanan
Bird   Shinnie
Jozwiak   Lawrence   Morrison
Kazim

Carroll and Baldock would complete the free 5 and start on the bench.

28 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

When questioned, Rooney stated he has 2 teams in mind for Huddersfield depending on whether signings can be made or not.

1st team players used: Roos, Marshall, Byrne, McDonald, Forsyth, Buchanan, Williams, Bird, Shinnie, Sibley, Watson, Jozwiak, Lawrence, Ebosele, Hutchinson, Kazim

U23s used: Bardell, LThompson, Aghatise

Free agents used: Allsop, Davies, Wisdom, Jagielka, Stearman, Carroll, Morrison, Aluko, Baldock

Team without signings:

Roos
Byrne   Solomon   Forsyth   Buchanan
Bird   Shinnie
Jozwiak   Lawrence   Hutchinson/Watson
Kazim

Team with signings:

Roos
Byrne   Jagielka   Davies   Buchanan
Bird   Shinnie
Jozwiak   Lawrence   Morrison
Kazim

Carroll and Baldock would complete the free 5 and start on the bench.

J.Brown > Solomon

1 minute ago, Ghost of Clough said:

There must be a reason we haven't even seen JBrown on the bench so far?

He was definitely there last night, but not even sure he's played in the u23 friendlies either so maybe just injured?

I thought I saw Cashin warming up last night.  Surely he is ahead of Solomon for that centre-back berth? 

Love Solomon and he's definitely one for the future but he isn't physically strong enough to deal with the likes of Chris Martin and co yet!

2 minutes ago, Srg said:

He was definitely there last night, but not even sure he's played in the u23 friendlies either so maybe just injured?

Hopefully as per Chris Coles update earlier in the week this will be sorted this week….otherwise it will be a very very tough start to the season!! COYR ?

1 minute ago, angieram said:

I thought I saw Cashin warming up last night.  Surely he is ahead of Solomon for that centre-back berth? 

Love Solomon and he's definitely one for the future but he isn't physically strong enough to deal with the likes of Chris Martin and co yet!

Cashin was on the bench but is left footed and plays on the left.

JBrown vs Solomon for RCB
Forsyth vs Cashin for LCB

Forsyth has to be in there for his experience and if JBrown is injured then we don't really have a choice at RCB.

9 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

Cashin was on the bench but is left footed and plays on the left.

JBrown vs Solomon for RCB
Forsyth vs Cashin for LCB

Forsyth has to be in there for his experience and if JBrown is injured then we don't really have a choice at RCB.

Oh, thanks, hadn't realised Cashin couldn't play on the right. Is Solomon two-footed then? he played on left versus Matlock but I think he more usually plays on the right. 

2 minutes ago, angieram said:

Oh, thanks, hadn't realised Cashin couldn't play on the right. Is Solomon two-footed then? he played on left versus Matlock but I think he more usually plays on the right. 

Didn't Solomon play full back in his first team appearance?

10 minutes ago, angieram said:

I can't recall a U18 or U23 game where he has played on the right. Either left in a back 4 or central in a back 5
I do however recall Solomon and JBrown both playing on the left and right on various occasions.

6 hours ago, angieram said:

Was cashin the guy that has calf’s like friggin tree trunks?