The EFL at it again? Blocking signings?

RoyMac5

I suspect that we're holding off signings atm, for a couple of reasons. Firstly, if we only have 4 available, it's best not to make an early signing, only for that player to get injured in a friendly or training. Secondly, if we're hoping for a softening of our embargo, it may make a difference to the players available and the contracts offered.

On 28/07/2021 at 16:15, DCFC1388 said:

Davies, Jagielka, Carroll, Morrison & Baldock would be my 5 if its from the players training with us.

2 permanent CB's whioch is a minimum with Forsyth as cover until we can sign more. Carroll as with Bielik & Knight injured we're short of CDM, Morrison as we have seen the quality he has then finally Baldock as we need cover for CKR

I would agree with all apart from Baldock. I would swap with Aluko. He has shown something we havent had in a while, the ability to take someone on. I think worse case scenario from this, Aluko or Lawerence could play upfront if CKR or Stretton are unavailable. 

2 hours ago, ram59 said:

I suspect that we're holding off signings atm, for a couple of reasons. Firstly, if we only have 4 available, it's best not to make an early signing, only for that player to get injured in a friendly or training. Secondly, if we're hoping for a softening of our embargo, it may make a difference to the players available and the contracts offered.

I totally agree with what your saying 

but surely ..I mean how close to the wire do we leave it 

the last comment from rob Dorsett from ssn didn’t fill me with any sort of confidence 

the only thing I’m holding onto is that surely Mel wouldn’t be arranging to meet fans next week with absolutely nothing positive to appease us with 

3 minutes ago, NottsRam77 said:

I totally agree with what your saying 

but surely ..I mean how close to the wire do we leave it 

the last comment from rob Dorsett from ssn didn’t fill me with any sort of confidence 

the only thing I’m holding onto is that surely Mel wouldn’t be arranging to meet fans next week with absolutely nothing positive to appease us with 

Yeah but who knows how the EFL play things, as they like it.

13 hours ago, Ghost of Clough said:

When questioned, Rooney stated he has 2 teams in mind for Huddersfield depending on whether signings can be made or not.

1st team players used: Roos, Marshall, Byrne, McDonald, Forsyth, Buchanan, Williams, Bird, Shinnie, Sibley, Watson, Jozwiak, Lawrence, Ebosele, Hutchinson, Kazim

U23s used: Bardell, LThompson, Aghatise

Free agents used: Allsop, Davies, Wisdom, Jagielka, Stearman, Carroll, Morrison, Aluko, Baldock

Team without signings:

Roos
Byrne   Solomon   Forsyth   Buchanan
Bird   Shinnie
Jozwiak   Lawrence   Hutchinson/Watson
Kazim

Team with signings:

Roos
Byrne   Jagielka   Davies   Buchanan
Bird   Shinnie
Jozwiak   Lawrence   Morrison
Kazim

Carroll and Baldock would complete the free 5 and start on the bench.

Why no Sibley? Him in middle and Lawrence on left behind CKR for me

Why do I just have a feeling that today is d day regarding positive news before the start of the season 

in my head today is the dad I’m praying the corner flag talks to us and shows us 10 new signings flanked elon musk wanting to use Derby as his premiership vehicle to promote his Bitcoin / Tesla fantasy 

Ok .. I’ll settle for just  Curtis Davies 

just joking aside it feels like it has to be today .. going into next week just feels like it just won’t happen 

28 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

Because Rooney won't start him...

If in that situation he doesn't start with Watson or Hutchinson ahead then I would expect him to push for a transfer, he's one of our few genuine threats if played in the middle

5 minutes ago, Rich84 said:

If in that situation he doesn't start with Watson or Hutchinson ahead then I would expect him to push for a transfer, he's one of our few genuine threats if played in the middle

If you haven't been watching our friendlies, then you won't know it's been Lawrence starting in the middle, with Morrison/Hutchinson/Watson on the left. Sibley is essentially Lawrence's backup as things stand.

On 29/07/2021 at 18:53, jimbobram said:

I would agree with all apart from Baldock. I would swap with Aluko. He has shown something we havent had in a while, the ability to take someone on. I think worse case scenario from this, Aluko or Lawerence could play upfront if CKR or Stretton are unavailable. 

I think I would agree with this 5 as well. Aulko would bring something different outwide and he can do a job upfront as well (if required). 

I would then have Mengi back and a young CF in the mix if we can have a couple of loans additionally.

I keep seeing in the Charter meeting thread questions about our/Mel's relationship with the EFL. Also that we need honest answers to all questions. So we expect Mel to say that he thinks that there is an agenda, that Mel is public enemy number one, that they couldn't organise a p up in a brewery etc. And once the replies are quoted, we expect relations between the two/three parties to suddenly improve?

• 2 weeks later...

It's shocking that the EFL are deliberately hampering the progress of young players such as Cashin and Thompson. If they had to impose an embargo and limit players "of professional standing" it should have been done based on the position at the end of last season to allow Academy graduates to come through, rather than maintain it on an ongoing basis to specifically prevent Academy players getting a game.

On 30/07/2021 at 22:17, RoyMac5 said:

...and there we have the very kernel of this whole saga "The sad truth is that the EFL decide with no proper explanation". There's no accountability. I'm also sceptical that the Government's attempt to bring in an "Independent" body to oversee will just become another layer of bureaucratic back-scratchers. The EFL needs scourging from within.