Who will be our first signing?

RoyMac5

6 minutes ago, DCFC1388 said:

Even though the deadline is midday tomorrow I wouldnt expect the announcements to be before then, the club could easily come out later in the day and say a player has signed & was registered in time to play vs Huddersfield

So bare that in mind before everyone lose their heads when nothing is announced at 12

Said this earlier in the week. No need to announce anything really, it's hardly going to add 5000+ to the gate when we announce Davies, Jagielka & Ravel is it, and the less Huddersfield know about who we have available the better.

17 minutes ago, Carnero said:

Said this earlier in the week. No need to announce anything really, it's hardly going to add 5000+ to the gate when we announce Davies, Jagielka & Ravel is it, and the less Huddersfield know about who we have available the better.

The attendance will improve when the club start selling season tickets and we win a few games. 

Edited by Rammy03

22 minutes ago, BodminRam said:

Did i read that right from Nixon... if no players signed b4 KO and we field the kids, that means they are professionals, which means that takes the place of the 4 players we could sign 

Only if said kids aren't already classed as having professional standing. Cashin would take a spot up if he plays for example, but the likes of Buchanan already count towards the total.

52 minutes ago, DCFC1388 said:

Even though the deadline is midday tomorrow I wouldnt expect the announcements to be before then, the club could easily come out later in the day and say a player has signed & was registered in time to play vs Huddersfield

So bare that in mind before everyone lose their heads when nothing is announced at 12

You could be right, but I can't remember any incidences of this kind of straw clutching ever actually coming to fruition.

1 hour ago, DCFC1388 said:

If EFl is playing hardball over the accounts, we’re better off in the long run standing firm even if it means no signings tomorrow. 

I’m still thinking we will get all of this sorted even if we start the season with a thin squad.

We can cope with a thin squad for a game or two by the way

7 hours ago, BodminRam said:

Did i read that right from Nixon... if no players signed b4 KO and we field the kids, that means they are professionals, which means that takes the place of the 4 players we could sign 

And MM gets what he wants which is more academy players in the 1st team.

8 hours ago, kevinhectoring said:

If EFl is playing hardball over the accounts, we’re better off in the long run standing firm even if it means no signings tomorrow. 

I’m still thinking we will get all of this sorted even if we start the season with a thin squad.

We can cope with a thin squad for a game or two by the way

If we sign no players we go into the season with two players who can play CB:

Cashin, who has no senior experience and even if he's ready will he be ready to play 46+ games? 

Fozzy, aging LB who again has had his share of injuries. 

Lose either of them to injury we have no players that can really play CB. Not sure even the u23s have some established CBs currently as we released Wassall this year. 

8 minutes ago, RamLad1884 said:

Cashin, who has no senior experience and even if he's ready will he be ready to play 46+ games? 

Lose either of them to injury we have no players that can really play CB. Not sure even the u23s have some established CBs currently as we released Wassall this year. 

I don’t count Forsyth as a CB. He can’t really play there.

We will sign Davies and Jagielka today and probably need a third - Wisdom return?

11 minutes ago, RamLad1884 said:

I think the argument is that if we have an opportunity to open up our transfer prospects very soon, it would be silly to snap up all of the trialists blindly if we believe we will be able to do better very soon. In that case it is worth not signing them and struggling for Huddersfield and Salford but getting in better quality players shortly after.

Unfortunately, I can't say I agree. We need players. There's no point messing around gambling on if we can make some "proper" signings towards the latter stages of the window, we need bodies in

27 minutes ago, RamLad1884 said:

I know what you're trying to say but Cashin has only played 7 games at U23 level. Solomon already has 10 and JBrown has 38 (at least 10 at CB). JBrown is also the only one of the three with first team experience, albeit as a late sub coming on at RB and DM.

21 minutes ago, RamLad1884 said:

I know and if we were facing a whole season like that it would clearly be hopeless .
What I am saying is: the discussion w the EFL about accounts could easily be resolved. The problem is, we can’t just cave in, because too much turns on it - possible points deduction and FFP headroom. 
So we may be wise right now to stand our ground so the EFl can see we’re prepared to open another dispute with them if that’s what it takes to get a fair result. 
yes it could mean we’re very weak for the first match or so, also that some trialists might walk. But if we don’t sign players today it’s because the club thinks it needs to stand up to the EFl on the accounts issues 

31 minutes ago, Tombo said:

I think the argument is that if we have an opportunity to open up our transfer prospects very soon, it would be silly to snap up all of the trialists blindly if we believe we will be able to do better very soon. In that case it is worth not signing them and struggling for Huddersfield and Salford but getting in better quality players shortly after.

Unfortunately, I can't say I agree. We need players. There's no point messing around gambling on if we can make some "proper" signings towards the latter stages of the window, we need bodies in

The fact that we've obviously given them 'a gentleman's agreement' (well Mels!) that we will sign them should mean enough, and we will sign them when we can unless they choose otherwise. The club already looks rudderless from a moral-compass standpoint to many.

1 minute ago, Anag Ram said:

More chance of getting Kerry and Kurtan with our budget. 

image.thumb.png.8cbec50ebf132bcdf815711ae20015ee.png

To be honest I think they’d actually be faster