The Downfall of Derby County: How it happened

Ken Tram

Sorry for such a downbeat title - it's the title of the video below.

It runs through the past decade and a bit. Well produced, and includes a few snippets about managers and players that I hadn't known.

It seemed worth sharing. And a topic that's on people's minds.

PS. Hopefully, we'll soon be seeing threads on "The Uplift of Derby County: How it turned around"

2 hours ago, Sheikh n Bake said:

Christmas piss up

Yes! Let's get back to the form of recent years! Top of the league by Christmas. A slump through to February. And sneaking into the playoffs. 

I always thought that we should be content with a team that wins more than it loses!

Edited by Ken Tram

1 hour ago, Ken Tram said:

I always thought that we should be content with a team that wins more than it loses!

Edited 1 hour ago by Ken Tram

Contentment often means complacency.

One (just one!) of my bugbears are the people who said they're fine with us missing out on promotion and would happily see us staying in the Championship, winning more than we lose than going up to the Premier League and losing 70% of our games.

That went well.

Edited by Coconut

As soon as I saw this thread title I thought of @Tyler Durden pricking his hateful ears. Moth to a flame. And low and behold...

Screenshot_20210710-223941_Chrome.thumb.jpg.b7caaebf50eb82e98b2dae8fe53b2e23.jpg

I did expect to see @Jourdanin here too but it looks like he's taking a bit of time away while he waits for England to lose. He'll be back smug AF Sunday night if it doesn't come home.

So full of hate these boys.

Hate hate hate.

19 minutes ago, Beetroot said:

As soon as I saw this thread title I thought of @Tyler Durden pricking his hateful ears. Moth to a flame. And low and behold...

Screenshot_20210710-223941_Chrome.thumb.jpg.b7caaebf50eb82e98b2dae8fe53b2e23.jpg

I did expect to see @Jourdanin here too but it looks like he's taking a bit of time away while he waits for England to lose. He'll be back smug AF Sunday night if it doesn't come home.

So full of hate these boys.

Hate hate hate.

I said I didn't find the video particularly interesting so what? It wasn't anything I already didn't know but for an independent observer than yes would be of interest.

Like you want to pick out some other hateful posts I've made recently or even today just to give your reaction some semblance of being balanced and proportionate. 

15 minutes ago, Tyler Durden said:

I said I didn't find the video particularly interesting so what? It wasn't anything I already didn't know but for an independent observer than yes would be of interest.

Like you want to pick out some other hateful posts I've made recently or even today just to give your reaction some semblance of being balanced and proportionate. 

Dude I'm parodying! 

Edited by Beetroot
Sorry Tyler I was just feeding off was it CharlotteRam or something who was saying you hate everything?? I found it funny at the time. You and Jourdan are 2 of my favourite posters really x

7 hours ago, Coconut said:

One (just one!) of my bugbears are the people who said they're fine with us missing out on promotion and would happily see us staying in the Championship, winning more than we lose than going up to the Premier League and losing 70% of our games.

That went well.

Oh no! I've been one of those parasitic insects! Sorry if I've made you sore!

I might be confusing bed bugs with bugbears.

Edited by Ken Tram

13 hours ago, Coconut said:

That went well.

Can he say 'bugbear?!image.png.eb09a777fdd5be73d1832b6c963045da.png

10 hours ago, Brammie Steve said:

I watched this a couple of days ago.

It was undeniably negative

but devastatingly honest!

I can't be bothered to watch, I've lived it. It's undoubtedly been a rollercoaster of a ride supporting the club. But I see no reason why 'devastating honesty' has to be linked with 'undeniably negative'. We've had great times even if the club has not (yet) hit the heights we all hoped for.

Can't change the past can only use it to look forward to the new future of the Club! Come on you Rams!