The Championship 21/22

Day

4 minutes ago, JfR said:

It's based on an old badge they had in the 90s
Image.png.7a97900231b5510bab9601f55976fafe.png

What I want to know is if that's a massive swan or a tiny castle?

Even more weird, wasn’t they rubbish in the 90s? Putting this right up there with Birmingham retiring Jude Bellingham’s number

32 minutes ago, David said:

Confirmed

They should bring Cocu in now IMO, the job Cooper did there (well, the style of football at least) was the job Cocu would have done here if he had the same quality of players and an example of how his philosophy could create a successful Championship team.

Edited by Coconut

2 hours ago, Van der MoodHoover said:

Does seem a bit strange. Thought he was doing OK. Not brilliant but not terrible. 

I think he did a great job. Got them into the playoffs 2 seasons running with very little investment. Probably the reason he's decided to leave. 

9 hours ago, David said:

Neil Warnock walks around with a bum back full of pictures of himself to give to fans. That’s enough football talk for me tonight.

Imagine his surprise when he turned around and saw the cameras!  I bet he could have died of embarrassment, what with him being shy and introverted, and all that!

Was meant to be a nice little private moment, between hero and fan, but this now ranks alongside such gems as "I do a lot for charity... but I don't like to talk about it"!  ?

9 minutes ago, MK-Ram said:

BBC reporting Eustace to Swansea.  

He has been top 2 on my list for a while now, so wishing him all the best (apart from when they play us)

When we played QPR and he was their interim manager, I was impressed with how they were set up. It should've been an easy win and ultimately we did win 2-0, but both goals after the 90 minutes were up. We had all the ball, all the possession but couldn't break them down. 

It will be interesting to see how he gets on with Swansea. It's a tough act to follow, but I think Swansea were always likely to scale back after the parachute payments ran dry, Cooper obviously wanted to keep his back-to-back play-off appearances fresh in the mind and aim for a better job. 

Eustace could be an inspired choice, but I doubt Swansea fans are thrilled at this moment in time. 

6 minutes ago, Ambitious said:

I doubt Swansea fans are thrilled at this moment in time. 

Not sure, haven’t Swansea always gone a little left field with their appointments, not a club that go for big names or experienced managers from the merry go round 

My Swansea mate is a bit gutted about Cooper he did well. It's more of a circumstances thing and deffo not a sacking as such. Cooper has apparently had both Palace and Fulham interested in him, so he probably thinks he can get a prem job.

Lampard will hold out for a prem gig

Eustace I think would be a good choice.

On 22/07/2021 at 10:45, RadioactiveWaste said:

My Swansea mate is a bit gutted about Cooper he did well. It's more of a circumstances thing and deffo not a sacking as such. Cooper has apparently had both Palace and Fulham interested in him, so he probably thinks he can get a prem job.

Lampard will hold out for a prem gig

Eustace I think would be a good choice.

Lamps will be schmoozing the fa hierarchy ready for the potential collapse in England form in Qatar.... ?