The Championship 21/22

Day

2 hours ago, Rammy03 said:

Good for him to get out of Liverpool. He's too good of a player to keep going out on loan season after season. Shame he'll be playing against us though. 

God the rules are absolutely pathetic 

47 minutes ago, DarkFruitsRam7 said:

Do these people have an ounce of self awareness?

Where do you even start with this?!

- Fulham, with the benefit of parachute payments, are still trying to game the system 

- Liverpool are actively helping another club to get round EFL rules

- The EFL are presumably okay with this?

Football is eating itself at an ever greater rate.

I give up

8 minutes ago, Olton Ram said:

- Fulham, with the benefit of parachute payments, are still trying to game the system 

I give up

My point was that the poster and the people in the replies are claiming the moral high ground.

People in glass houses and all that.

1 hour ago, Olton Ram said:

I give up

Need some help here but a deferred payment does not stop amortisation taking place in any case from the start.  I can't see how that would get round P&S.

I have no problem with Fulham doing what they need to in order to circumnavigate the rules. They have a seriously rich owner and as we've learned - FFP - isn't for the fair play of football at this level. They needed Liverpool to agree to the deal, assumingly they weren't thrilled at receiving no money immediately, so I really don't see the issue. 

The more ridiculous these rules are made to be seen, the better chance of a workable alternative. Ideally, we could do with the three relegated teams going straight back up - probably for a couple of seasons - in order for the rest of the league to take action. 

1 hour ago, Spanish said:

Need some help here but a deferred payment does not stop amortisation taking place in any case from the start.  I can't see how that would get round P&S.

They get a £12m asset on the books for nothing at this stage, that's 12 million to offset crazy post-prem wages and have a stab at bouncing straight back up.

EFL are a mess.

11 minutes ago, Rample said:

They get a £12m asset on the books for nothing at this stage, that's 12 million to offset crazy post-prem wages and have a stab at bouncing straight back up.

EFL are a mess.

but surely they have to amortise on a straight line basis irrespective of when they pay?

3 minutes ago, Spanish said:

but surely they have to amortise on a straight line basis irrespective of when they pay?

Only meaning his value will diminish to £8 or £9m next year, and if they're back up what do they care if they need to factor in £3-4m in outgoing fees that won't be represented in their squad value.

12 minutes ago, Rample said:

Only meaning his value will diminish to £8 or £9m next year, and if they're back up what do they care if they need to factor in £3-4m in outgoing fees that won't be represented in their squad value.

still can't see where the P&S scam is?  Just cash flow which isn't an issue for them

To be fair it will be quite an achievement if Sheffield United Fulham and WBA fail to get promoted this coming season what parachute payments and players deemed good enough for the premiership largely still on their playing staff and the rest of the championship having zero income and debts needing paying all over the place.

3 hours ago, Sparkle said:

To be fair it will be quite an achievement if Sheffield United Fulham and WBA fail to get promoted this coming season what parachute payments and players deemed good enough for the premiership largely still on their playing staff and the rest of the championship having zero income and debts needing paying all over the place.

Been some big changes at Sheff U since Wilder left. He set the club up from tip to top to fall in line with his ethos, so the change in itself may take them some time to adapt to. They've now a load of players at the club who were traditional, out on the piss after a win players, who Wilder unified with that mentality (one of the reason moral suffered with all the pubs & clubs shut). So I'm not so sure they'll be as motivated by the new setup.

Edited by Alf

1 hour ago, Alf said:

They've now a load of players at the club who were traditional, out on the piss after a win players, who Wilder unified with that mentality (one of the reason moral suffered with all the pubs & clubs shut). So I'm not so sure they'll be as motivated by the new setup.

Lol. Is that so? Lots on here keen on Wilder but he sounds a bit of a dinosaur.

18 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Lol. Is that so? Lots on here keen on Wilder but he sounds a bit of a dinosaur.

He's definitely old school. No bad thing IMO, just depends on what players you have at the club. I like him, but don't think he'll fit in with a lot of the clubs who want a head coach system. I know he had talks with Fulham not so long back, and that he has asperations to manage at the top of the Champ or Prem (unlikely obv) again. I'm not saying he wouldn't consider Derby, but I think he'll hold out until at least Jan before looking at teams lower down the Champ. 

Edited by Alf