The Championship 21/22

Day

6 minutes ago, David said:

So it’s ok for the owner to negotiate with himself over the transfer price, sales which can help either club out with FFP?

Lost count how many players have moved between the 2 clubs now since he arrived. Cafu has this summer joined permanently from Olympiacos having been on loan.

They took a striker on a free from them and then sold Thiago Silva to Olympiacos last summer. 

No 2 clubs ever transfer players between them as much as these 2.

However selling your stadium to yourself under a new business name is frowned upon though, considered a loophole which the EFL have now closed. 

If the stadium sale wasn’t investigated, all the other gremlins wouldn’t have been revealed.

The more players move between his clubs, won’t be long before it comes to the attention of the EFL, I do wonder what gremlins Forest have to reveal.

As with the stadium, though, I don't think he is breaking any rules. If Mel Morris wants to buy a greek club and do the same then he's more than welcome to. The players have to agree to move to the club after all - hence why I think a lot of the established players at Olympiacos have been spared a stint in Nottingham. 

Who knows, if Fulham fail to get promoted and look to fall foul of FFP then perhaps you will see Mitrovic join the Jacksonville Jaguars as a tight end. No more mental than Tebow, I guess! 

1 minute ago, Ambitious said:

As with the stadium, though, I don't think he is breaking any rules. If Mel Morris wants to buy a greek club and do the same then he's more than welcome to. The players have to agree to move to the club after all - hence why I think a lot of the established players at Olympiacos have been spared a stint in Nottingham. 

Who knows, if Fulham fail to get promoted and look to fall foul of FFP then perhaps you will see Mitrovic join the Jacksonville Jaguars as a tight end. No more mental than Tebow, I guess! 

It wasn’t, we was cleared of that, however that was what rattled the North East into pushing the EFL into investigating.

Just give me an investigation, if no other gremlins are found I’ll sleep happy in 2 years as that’s how long it will probably take them, by which point their owner could be locked up on those trafficking charges.

I do like the idea of Mitrovic as a tight end though, what with Harry Kane wanting to be a kicker one day, would make things more interesting  

4 hours ago, David said:

The more players move between his clubs, won’t be long before it comes to the attention of the EFL, I do wonder what gremlins Forest have to reveal.

Watford have done the same thing for years now and the EFL haven't even glanced in their direction. I wouldn't hold my breath waiting for the EFL to take action on this if i were you.

I'd be more interested in how they are actually going to keep swapping players now that the new post Brexit points system basically blocks any EFL club from signing players from Europe.

20 hours ago, GenBr said:

Watford have done the same thing for years now and the EFL haven't even glanced in their direction. I wouldn't hold my breath waiting for the EFL to take action on this if i were you.

I'd be more interested in how they are actually going to keep swapping players now that the new post Brexit points system basically blocks any EFL club from signing players from Europe.

Haven’t Watford been loaning players though rather than signing permanently?

4 minutes ago, David said:

Haven’t Watford been loaning players though rather than signing permanently?

Bit if both. For example Vydra was initially a loan from Udinese, but then signed permanently (although he didnt play much at that point. Others just signed permanently to start with. 

On 30/07/2021 at 12:11, David said:

So it’s ok for the owner to negotiate with himself over the transfer price, sales which can help either club out with FFP?

Lost count how many players have moved between the 2 clubs now since he arrived. Cafu has this summer joined permanently from Olympiacos having been on loan.

They took a striker on a free from them and then sold Thiago Silva to Olympiacos last summer. 

No 2 clubs ever transfer players between them as much as these 2.

However selling your stadium to yourself under a new business name is frowned upon though, considered a loophole which the EFL have now closed. 

If the stadium sale wasn’t investigated, all the other gremlins wouldn’t have been revealed.

I appreciate your clubs in a bad spot at the moment, but this is laughable at trying to throw the dodgy owner frisbee in our direction. Focus on your own implosion rather than worry about our (currently) stable club. 

18 hours ago, Red_Dawn said:

I appreciate your clubs in a bad spot at the moment, but this is laughable at trying to throw the dodgy owner frisbee in our direction. Focus on your own implosion rather than worry about our (currently) stable club. 

I didn’t throw it, your club did ?

Hilarious article from a conceptual POV if anyone needs a break from the madness today:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/57902434

Championship 2021-22: How will Fulham, Sheffield United and West Bromwich Albion fare?

Answer - I'm sure the extra £40m+ they get from the PL this season than most other clubs in the league means they'll be just fine / right at the top end again