EFL Verdict

DCFC90

12 minutes ago, DavesaRam said:

Handing the accounts in early won't have any effect on the embargo, which will remain in place until the EFL decide to get their backsides into gear and actually look at the re-submitted accounts, which could be (a) immediately, or (b) any time they fell like it, with the embargo bing in place until the EFL have made their decision. No - silly me, they have already made their decision, what I meant was when they decide to announce and implement their decision.

Not sure why we would have an embargo relating to the restated accounts unless we didn't submit them in the prescribed timescales, it's the last 2 years accounts that need submitting by the end of the month surely that will dictate whether we have an embargo relating to the accounts.

Not sure if we have an embargo in place as a result of the investigation until the DC publish their findings.

11 minutes ago, Curtains said:

The auditor having "passionate Derby county fan" on his work profile is usually the sort of naff "our staff are actually human beings" things that show up on company websites but it does look ouch in this instance.

47 minutes ago, Rich84 said:

Not sure why we would have an embargo relating to the restated accounts unless we didn't submit them in the prescribed timescales, it's the last 2 years accounts that need submitting by the end of the month surely that will dictate whether we have an embargo relating to the accounts.

Not sure if we have an embargo in place as a result of the investigation until the DC publish their findings.

Our P&S summary would have due 1 March I think. Failure to lodge means automatic embargo.  The Marriott problem I think indicated we are restricted 

11 hours ago, Ghost of Clough said:

If someone like Kieran Maguire has the spare time to look at every club's accounts in the top two divisions, I'm sure the EFL should have someone capable of doing so too.
If I get it, then any junior accountant fresh from Uni should be able too as well. If resources are tight, then the kid on a gap year placement should be capable of getting it - it's not difficult stuff ?

Sure the EFL can check the amortisation calculations. But that’s  just a small part of the P&sreturn. They can’t drill down into every line, where would they stop? They’d be doing a second audit. No, they should just check that the P&S return reconciles to the audited accounts. And question any obvious anomalies 
Not least because if they took wider responsibility, they would never be able to charge anyone for breach. The response would be: ‘charging us? what do you mean, you approved our accounts’   A familiar refrain on here 

1 hour ago, RoyMac5 said:

He's clickbait.

No he is not, the quotes in the Derby Telegraph were lifted verbatim from to days Price of Football Podcast. Well worth a listen if you want an intelligent non hysterical fact based opinion

Just now, Charlotte Ram said:

No he is not, the quotes in the Derby Telegraph were lifted verbatim from to days Price of Football Podcast. Well worth a listen if you want an intelligent non hysterical fact based opinion

Lol. I know who he is. I've read some of his stuff. I've skimmed the DT article, it's not balanced, it's slanted towards making Derby fans panic! #clickbait

4 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Lol. I know who he is. I've read some of his stuff. I've skimmed the DT article, it's not balanced, it's slanted towards making Derby fans panic! #clickbait

The podcast is not clickbait, I disregard anything in the Derby Evening Telegraph 

50 minutes ago, ThePrisoner said:

He literally grassed us up in the first place! Bloke has a vendetta. He's obsessed.

No he isn't. He simply raised a query with the efl regarding how we operate. Contrary to popular belief everybody isn't out to get poor little Derby.

1 hour ago, kevinhectoring said:

Sure the EFL can check the amortisation calculations. But that’s  just a small part of the P&sreturn. They can’t drill down into every line, where would they stop? They’d be doing a second audit. No, they should just check that the P&S return reconciles to the audited accounts. And question any obvious anomalies 
Not least because if they took wider responsibility, they would never be able to charge anyone for breach. The response would be: ‘charging us? what do you mean, you approved our accounts’   A familiar refrain on here 

If it's something a novice with no accountancy background can pick up, then it's something the EFL should pick up too

1 hour ago, Charlotte Ram said:

No he has not, where is your proof?

BBC NEWS

The English Football League was warned about Derby County's unusual player registration model 19 months before it issued financial fair play charges "out of the blue" against the Championship club.

Football finance expert Kieran Maguire wrote to the EFL in June 2018 to "query the accounting policy" undertaken by the club, which he said risked making a "mockery" of FFP rules.

42 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

If it's something a novice with no accountancy background can pick up, then it's something the EFL should pick up too

You didn’t read my post.  It’s nothing to do with whether they CAN do it. It’s to do with whether it makes sense for the regulator to unpick everyone’s audited accounts 

29 minutes ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

BBC NEWS

The English Football League was warned about Derby County's unusual player registration model 19 months before it issued financial fair play charges "out of the blue" against the Championship club.

Football finance expert Kieran Maguire wrote to the EFL in June 2018 to "query the accounting policy" undertaken by the club, which he said risked making a "mockery" of FFP rules.

No-one likes a grass