EFL Verdict

DCFC90

8 hours ago, CornwallRam said:

The thing that makes us a football club is the golden share. It is membership of the league, with automatic entry into the leagues above and below when prompted or relegated. If we lose our golden share, we are an ex-club. The EFL hold the power to revoke it, and to retain it, we have to agree to grant them dictatorial powers. 

That is why we can never win this fight.

It's about making sure the fight is fair. That the punishment fits the crime!

1 hour ago, Van der MoodHoover said:

-15? You only get - 12 if you're completely bust. 

On the EFL scale that would imply a massive overrun. I thought that we'd pretty much written off most of the worthless assets so we're just shuffling amortisation costs backwards and forwards across the years. I can't see how restating our accounts is suddenly going to find 30 or 40m of new losses. 

Anya wasn't hiding his family in the cupboard was he? ?

For P&S overspend there is a max punishment of 21 points - 12 for the actual overspend, plus up to 9 for being naughty

I do think we need to make a stand against the EFL.  Not suggesting going round to the Jester's house but we need to reciprocate the lack of respect the EFL has shown us.  Man City used to boo the UEFA anthems... not sure how we would do this without creating some sort of negativity for the players.  Next time we win the playoffs (and we will win them... be it league 1 or championship) DO NOT ACKNOWLEDGE the trophy.  Leave it on the pedestal or publicly bin it for all to see, we could display it next to 'The Coffee Cup', upturned in a galvanised bucket!  The same should be true of every league cup fixture - find a way to embarrass them.  We could take zero fans to away games.  Or don't turn up to the home fixtures till 10 mins after kick off.

We've broken no rules.  Morally, we are guilty as sin... and the mismanagement has been colossal.

Let's hope Gibson stays squeaky clean....

1 hour ago, FlyBritishMidland said:

Exactly these points.  If the EFL appeal the decision and the final - I assume appeals can’t go on forever - the surely it will apply next season.  The text below is from the original Sheff Wed so anyone with  common sense and a half decent lawyer would refer to this precedent…

28D74B5F-4C8D-4875-945C-337C17E49396.jpeg

The only people who can't see that are those who're baying for blood (Mr Pop), and those who read the newspaper headlines

36 minutes ago, LondonRam2 said:

That sums it up nicely.  Nothing illegal, a loophole exploited at the most, up to the EFL to tighten the rules if they don't like it, it's completely unacceptable to punish a club just because they failed to close their own loophole before!

Sack the EFL!

That is exactly as I see it 

Were being punished retrospectively 

so if punished ….. can we legitimately claim had we known or been told what we were doing was wrong we would have changed the way we accounted and altered our transfer policy accordingly 

i still don’t see why that they said for 3 sets of accounts they said it was ok , no problem to then try and punish us retrospectively cos someone (probably Gibson) doesn’t like it. 

it’s a big joke that the media are loving 

14 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

It's about making sure the fight is fair. That the punishment fits the crime!

The point that most of our fans have missed, is that the perception within the other clubs is that relegation is the appropriate penalty. Even if we only breached P&S in a limited way, other clubs feel that we cheated in spirit and have only been 'saved' by a loophole.

That's why we are being pursued like this. That's why the EFL will find a way to relegate us - and their rulebook allows them to basically make things up as they go along. And the power of the golden share means that ultimately, we have to accept whatever they decide.

Morning,

A Sky Blues Fan here. Born Derby but moved to Coventry in 1965.  I feel your pain.  My first match was a 0-0 Draw FA Cup 1974/Energy crisis/first sunday game in 'the modern era for both clubs.  Crowd of over 40k...Forest kicked off earlier so they pipped us to the post.

Anyway, The Sky Blues have a different story.  Our white knight actually took us to the pits of the 4th division. Nothing out of the ordinary when a club is on its knees.  I guess Derby could go there as well.  The fans suffer.

Our owners run a tight ship and are loved by some but loathed by many.  

Derby County will not go out of business but the rough ride may go on for several years yet.  Unless of course you end up like Leicester City who were lucky enough to be operating in a different era.  

My guess is that Admin is coming soon.  If any points deduction is applied immediately (But stay in Championship) you may have the added burden of the points deduction for Administration.  Makes sense to take double-punch and relegation at the end of the coming season.  

If you are relegated due to the current scenario I think you will also go into admin. The points could well be assigned to next season but the chances of staying up will of course be better. (Than carrying sanctions over /results of league action this season). 

Anyway, I wish the Rams the best for the future.  Onwards and upwards...It would be great for Derby and the Sky Blues to be in the Prem. The chances of that are virtually nil...

18 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

For P&S overspend there is a max punishment of 21 points - 12 for the actual overspend, plus up to 9 for being naughty

I don't think that's 100% water tight. The rules allow any appropriate punishment. Precedent was set with sanctioning guidelines as you describe, but they remain only guidelines. The EFL has the power to alter or ignore those guidelines. 

5 minutes ago, NimonicRam said:

I do think we need to make a stand against the EFL.  Not suggesting going round to the Jester's house but we need to reciprocate the lack of respect the EFL has shown us.  Man City used to boo the UEFA anthems... not sure how we would do this without creating some sort of negativity for the players.  Next time we win the playoffs (and we will win them... be it league 1 or championship) DO NOT ACKNOWLEDGE the trophy.  

We've broken no rules.  Morally, we are guilty as sin... and the mismanagement has been colossal.

Agree with most of that apart from morally guilty as sin part. Are we? If we resubmit our accounts and are still compliant (which seems to be a growing consensus) then we haven’t gained an advantage and therefore not done much wrong.

16 hours ago, Eatonram said:

If 4000 supporters donate the price of one match ticket £25 we would raise the 100k. I would gladly do it. Think it would say a lot and raise a lot of positive publicity if paid with an open letter to the press stating our disgust at the way the efl are behaving. Any money raised over the target sum to be donated to breast and prostrate cancer research. I would gladly pay. 

As a NE Cornerite, can I just pay £20?  I'm used to the cheaper ticket prices.  ?

I love the idea in theory though!  I'm in!  ??

13 minutes ago, Flying Fokker said:

Morning,

A Sky Blues Fan here. Born Derby but moved to Coventry in 1965.  I feel your pain.  My first match was a 0-0 Draw FA Cup 1974/Energy crisis/first sunday game in 'the modern era for both clubs.  Crowd of over 40k...Forest kicked off earlier so they pipped us to the post.

Anyway, The Sky Blues have a different story.  Our white knight actually took us to the pits of the 4th division. Nothing out of the ordinary when a club is on its knees.  I guess Derby could go there as well.  The fans suffer.

Derby County will not go out of business but the rough ride may go on for several years yet.  Unless of course you end up like Leicester City who were lucky enough to be operating in a different era.  

My guess is that Admin is coming soon.  If any points deduction is applied immediately (But stay in Championship) you may have the added burden of the points deduction for Administration.  Makes sense to take double-punch and relegation at the end of the coming season.  

If you are relegated due to the current scenario I think you will also go into admin. The points could well be assigned to next season but the chances of staying up will of course be better. (Than carrying sanctions over /results of league action this season). 

Anyway, I wish the Rams the best for the future.  Onwards and upwards...It would be great for Derby and the Sky Blues to be in the Prem. The chances of that are virtually nil...

No chance of admin. Not going to happen 

12 minutes ago, CornwallRam said:

The point that most of our fans have missed, is that the perception within the other clubs is that relegation is the appropriate penalty. Even if we only breached P&S in a limited way, other clubs feel that we cheated in spirit and have only been 'saved' by a loophole.

That perception is not in the rules, currently. Don't give a flying fook that they feel cheated, as has been said before they should watch out because with an EFL that sees itself as above the rules, they could be next. Divide and rule.

7 minutes ago, Flying Fokker said:

Morning,

Cheers.

I know it's been a lot of hurt for Cov fans over the last (seems like forever) years and every respect for you guys. I'd like cov to at least get their ground issue resolved and play home matches at home again. Proper club who've been stiffed by the owners. I remember when Cov fans had the saying "if the titanic was sky blue, she'd never have gone down"

It's not really the same situation as here, but Mel clearly doesn't have any money to keep us viable so admin is a real possibility and the efl stuff makes it hard to find a credible buyer.

Good luck next season.

1 minute ago, RoyMac5 said:

That perception is not in the rules, currently. Don't give a flying fook that they feel cheated, as has been said before they should watch out because with an EFL that sees itself as above the rules, they could be next. Divide and rule.

If "Wycombe really want us to be relegated, Gibson has blue balls and all the other chairmen hate Derby" are legal considerations in the appeal we'll be in the ? but if it's based on actual rules we'll probably be OK.

I think it's going to take a while for the realisation that what we did was a technical breach but not all that awful (hence fine), the consiquences (restated P&S) came out and in the end and despite telling themselves "Derby systematically cheated for years" it's proved we didn't really gain anything very much by it.

Just now, RadioactiveWaste said:

I think it's going to take a while for the realisation that what we did was a technical breach but not all that awful (hence fine), the consiquences (restated P&S) came out and in the end and despite telling themselves "Derby systematically cheated for years" it's proved we didn't really gain anything very much by it.

Yes but there's an attempted lynching going on - most people want to watch! Lets hope it's not too late when the calm voices say there wasn't anything in the rules against it, but they messed up the accounting process.

8 minutes ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

Cheers.

I know it's been a lot of hurt for Cov fans over the last (seems like forever) years and every respect for you guys. I'd like cov to at least get their ground issue resolved and play home matches at home again. Proper club who've been stiffed by the owners. I remember when Cov fans had the saying "if the titanic was sky blue, she'd never have gone down"

It's not really the same situation as here, but Mel clearly doesn't have any money to keep us viable so admin is a real possibility and the efl stuff makes it hard to find a credible buyer.

Good luck next season.

Mels problem is health not wealth. According to last rich list I saw he has same amount 500 odd million as when he took over. He has stated and I take him on his word ( I know others won’t ) that he will fund the club until a takeover happens. I take funding as keeping the club as a going concern doubt any big transfer budget just trading as we go. We have a low wage bill comparatively now so can’t see it being a big issue. 
Also as I understand it ( and I could be wrong ) the way the club is set up any debts are Mel’s not DCFC ?