GB news

Archied

1 hour ago, Duracell said:

Genuine question here, and I would appreciate someone taking the time to respond in detail.

Can someone point me to some evidence about the BBC's misgivings and bias? No evidence as opinion pieces please, but some data or evidence or research to prove of their right or left bias.

I got some from @maxjam earlier in the thread, thank you for that. Just need a bit more to get my head round it. I've never come viewed their content as one-sided or partial or partisan.

I do find it interesting that many people (including in parliament) complain about cancel culture but also want to defund the BBC. 

2 minutes ago, sage said:

I do find it interesting that many people (including in parliament) complain about cancel culture but also want to defund the BBC. 

Cancel culture is accusing GB News of hate speech/fake news - despite not being able to cite any, whilst mounting a twitter campaign against its sponsors. 

No one wants to cancel the BBC, some people just don't watch it and therefore question why they have to pay for it. 

Personally I watch both - the more sources you get your news from the more likely you are to have a more rounded picture.

1 minute ago, maxjam said:

Cancel culture is accusing GB News of hate speech/fake news - despite not being able to cite any, whilst mounting a twitter campaign against its sponsors. 

No one wants to cancel the BBC, some people just don't watch it and therefore question why they have to pay for it. 

Personally I watch both - the more sources you get your news from the more likely you are to have a more rounded picture.

Both are defunding exercises. 

3 minutes ago, sage said:

Both are defunding exercises. 

One is not wanting to allow opposing ideas or discussions to take place - modern day book burning

The other is not wanting to pay for content you don't watch.  The loony lefties on twitter have been telling us the advertisers pulling their adverts from GB News are a result of market forces.  I wonder why they don't want the BBC subject to those same market forces?

1 hour ago, Norman said:

Then do something about it. Don't let posters get away with it. 

Instead of selectively removing posts, how about get rid of the offending post in the first place. Because they are still up, yet perfectly valid responses are taken down.

Another example of cancel culture.

2 minutes ago, Eddie said:

Another example of cancel culture.

Well, no. We're talking about a thread for adults to discuss a news channel being closed, because a few cannot help but goad others and turn it into a political history lesson. 

Don't cancel my opinion on a news channel because you can't control your urges to troll and keep within the rules of the site.....

The best part about GB news is the cancel culture vultures who want to discredit it are probably watching it more than the people GB news is aimed at so they can rant online with their tired old SJW cliches without realising their very predictable reactions are reasons why there is a GB news.  

3 hours ago, maxjam said:

2 hours ago, maxjam said:

One is not wanting to allow opposing ideas or discussions to take place - modern day book burning

The other is not wanting to pay for content you don't watch.  The loony lefties on twitter have been telling us the advertisers pulling their adverts from GB News are a result of market forces.  I wonder why they don't want the BBC subject to those same market forces?

I’ve 100% seen people calling for the BBC to be shut down.

3 minutes ago, DarkFruitsRam7 said:

I’ve 100% seen people calling for the BBC to be shut down.

Just googled that and found;

https://petition.parliament.uk/petitions/560823

https://petition.parliament.uk/archived/petitions/48994

Personally I've not seen anyone wanting to shut them down - not saying they aren't out there, you get idiots on all sides of politics after all but I would imagine they are in a tiny, tiny minority.  Everything I've seen is some variation of 'defund the BBC'.

4 minutes ago, maxjam said:

Just googled that and found;

https://petition.parliament.uk/petitions/560823

https://petition.parliament.uk/archived/petitions/48994

Personally I've not seen anyone wanting to shut them down - not saying they aren't out there, you get idiots on all sides of politics after all but I would imagine they are in a tiny, tiny minority.  Everything I've seen is some variation of 'defund the BBC'.

Yeah I’m not saying it’s a huge number. Just mentioning I’d seen people call for it.

7 minutes ago, DarkFruitsRam7 said:

Yeah I’m not saying it’s a huge number. Just mentioning I’d seen people call for it.

Said it before and will repeat myself however many times it needs... Anybody who critise british TV should be punished and made to watch foreign channels for a week. The beeb sets the standard high and all broadcasters follow.

To give all football lovers a good idea of how bad it could be, French TV is not showing all the games of the euros. Terrestrial channels have got some games and i am not sure if  the rest is on pay TV. For The games on terrestrial TV, half time analysis is 15 mins of adverts solid. In contrast the beeb tonight was showing 2 games, 0 adverts

42 minutes ago, EtoileSportiveDeDerby said:

Said it before and will repeat myself however many times it needs... Anybody who critise british TV should be punished and made to watch foreign channels for a week. The beeb sets the standard high and all broadcasters follow.

To give all football lovers a good idea of how bad it could be, French TV is not showing all the games of the euros. Terrestrial channels have got some games and i am not sure if  the rest is on pay TV. For The games on terrestrial TV, half time analysis is 15 mins of adverts solid. In contrast the beeb tonight was showing 2 games, 0 adverts

But they were showing games featuring Russia, Finland, Belgium and Denmark.

Dear Points of View

I switched on my TV tonight hoping to watch Eastenders, or a programme about improving my house or selling a bit of stuff that has been in my attic for the last 30 years (but has some huge sentimental value), and my choice on your main channel was limited to watching other Country’s football teams. I don’t pay my licence fee to watch 11 little Finlanders kick a football. This is so bloody typical of your evident bias towards Europeans and Minorities. It make me absolutely sick to the arse.

Yours, disappointedly.

Keith Spittle, Basildon.

1 minute ago, i-Ram said:

Dear Points of View

I switched on my TV tonight hoping to watch Eastenders, or a programme about improving my house or selling a bit of stuff that has been in my attic for the last 30 years (but has some huge sentimental value), and my choice on your main channel was limited to watching other Country’s football teams. I don’t pay my licence fee to watch 11 little Finlanders kick a football. This is so bloody typical of your evident bias towards Europeans and Minorities. It make me absolutely sick to the arse.

Yours, disappointedly.

Keith Spittle, Basildon.

Dear Keith,

So sorry you had to miss Eastenders. I'll be back soon.

Love you lots,

Phil M

34 minutes ago, i-Ram said:

Dear Points of View

Yours, disappointedly.

Keith Spittle, Basildon.

Dear Keith

You really haven't missed much.  Phil Mitchells still knocking off Sharon and a wide boy owns the Vic. Someone's slowly unravelling on the bench of tears in the middle of the square on Christmas Eve, normally having just found out there husbands having an affair with a sour faced bint who shouts a lot and has a peroxide blond crew cut. Someone's hiding a pregnancy after a drunken night with a womanising brother-in-law. Dot cotton is still nobbing Mr Papadopoulos laundrette owner, OTIB forum fanny and FFP botherer

If you feel the need to catch up, watch some re runs from 1993, its much the same.

Regards

Sonia's trumpet.

tumblr_pxumo63Ze11vl4z9vo4_250.gifv

I'm very disappointed, the BBC doesn't do enough to push forward government propaganda and for a state controlled broadcaster, they should be doing much better. 

It looks as if a group of multi-millionaires are attempting to right this problem, by setting up their own company to indoctrinate the nation with bias news items.

A few months ago, a Piers Corbyn led march of anti vaxx, anti lockdown protesters tried to bring Birmingham City centre to a standstill. They failed but amongst the ragbag of conspiracy theorists was a bloke with three flags. One said 'Trump won', another said 'Covid fake news' and the other said 'BBC lies'. I'll stick to the BBC.