Academy Thread 21/22

Shadowplay

7 minutes ago, tinman said:

Kain Ryan has moved to Brighton’s academy.  16 year old centre half. 

That’s not good. He’d impressed me whenever I’d seen him play. Would imagine we must get some compensation from that deal.

Edited by Stuniverse

1 minute ago, Stuniverse said:

As he’s 19, and Arsenal told him they wouldn’t offer him pro terms at the end of last season, I would imagine it was a pro contact he signed with us ahead of this season.

Perhaps a bit more motivation for him then, in playing the team that didn't want him?

12 minutes ago, Stuniverse said:

As he’s 19, and Arsenal told him they wouldn’t offer him pro terms at the end of last season, I would imagine it was a pro contact he signed with us ahead of this season.

Arsenal also released Kamara, who just made mockery of France midfield and Bosnia's Matic during the international break.

Arsenal are not very good with their youngsters, are they?

Edited by Dimmu

Excellent performance. Arsenal got complacent and in the end couldn’t pick up the thread and lost their way.

Plange I rate although his decision making when attacking with an overload is poor at moment.

Arsenal had two CMs who left the central area wide open out of possession and it was made for Sibley. 

Bardell did well.

Robinson not ready for this level yet. 

Edited by Ravabeerbelly

3 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Why not he had a good game?

He was poor IMO. Arsenal midfield first half ran off him every single time. He has no legs yet and couldn’t find the pace of the game in transition to attack or defend.

His distribution other than under no pressure was also very poor.

Just my opinion. I just didn’t see anything in him for this level yet.

4 minutes ago, Ravabeerbelly said:

He was poor IMO. Arsenal midfield first half ran off him every single time. He has no legs yet and couldn’t find the pace of the game in transition to attack or defend.

His distribution other than under no pressure was also very poor.

Just my opinion. I just didn’t see anything in him for this level yet.

All the middle midfield were off it 1st half, including Dixon. The rest of your views I totally disagree with.

2 hours ago, Stuniverse said:

That’s not good. He’d impressed me whenever I’d seen him play. Would imagine we must get some compensation from that deal.

"Good move for both clubs" his leech, sorry, "Agent", says, so possibly we got negotiated moolah like for Gordon, Delap and the Manure trio. 

They'll be loaning him to the EFL for the next 10 years, I imagine. 

3 hours ago, Stuniverse said:

Getting a bit tired of these youngsters getting 5 years use of state of the art facilities, coaching, nutritionists,  educational welfare assistance and top end end injury treatment and contracts which they get at the expense of another would have loved it, then pissing all over it .  Wish him nothing but a crap career.  Sounds bitter, it should.  

Yes, it seems poor thanks for what the club has done for them, and I'd respect them allot more if they did what Jude Bellingham did for Brum, but looking at it from their pov the money involved is probably life-changing for the family and they can just as easily end up being released by DCFC in a few years time having been judged not good enough. 

I think it's the EPPP system that's wrong - the kids are just doing what they or their parents/advisers think is best, rightly or wrongly. 

9 minutes ago, Crewton said:

Yes, it seems poor thanks for what the club has done for them, and I'd respect them allot more if they did what Jude Bellingham did for Brum, but looking at it from their pov the money involved is probably life-changing for the family and they can just as easily end up being released by DCFC in a few years time having been judged not good enough. 

I think it's the EPPP system that's wrong - the kids are just doing what they or their parents/advisers think is best, rightly or wrongly. 

Exactly. 

You can't blame the kids, they dream of playing for their country or in the Champions League. Not going to do the latter with Derby County anytime soon! (Although probably not with Brighton, either. ?)