Academy Thread 21/22

Shadowplay

There seems to be a lot of demand on this forum for Cashin to break into the first team. I can see why- we haven’t got a great record of bringing through young centre backs, and Cashin seems to be strong and decent enough with the ball at his feet to match our style of play.

But watching the U23s highlights back, I question whether he has the pace to compete at championship level. Can anyone who attends the games regularly give a view on that?

15 minutes ago, Sussex Ram said:

There seems to be a lot of demand on this forum for Cashin to break into the first team. I can see why- we haven’t got a great record of bringing through young centre backs, and Cashin seems to be strong and decent enough with the ball at his feet to match our style of play.

But watching the U23s highlights back, I question whether he has the pace to compete at championship level. Can anyone who attends the games regularly give a view on that?

I'm willing to bet he's quicker than the CBs we currently have in the first team ?

2 hours ago, Sussex Ram said:

There seems to be a lot of demand on this forum for Cashin to break into the first team

Or Jordan Brown, although he’s currently out with a knee injury.

Fact is, we won’t know unless they’re given a chance. Rooney wanted to give Cashin playing time earlier in the season, probably in the Carabao Cup, but couldn’t because of the embargo player of professional standing rules.

9 hours ago, Stuniverse said:

Or Jordan Brown, although he’s currently out with a knee injury.

Fact is, we won’t know unless they’re given a chance. Rooney wanted to give Cashin playing time earlier in the season, probably in the Carabao Cup, but couldn’t because of the embargo player of professional standing rules.

Hopefully we will get to see them in the FA Cup third round.

Edited by angieram