Academy Thread 21/22

Shadowplay

39 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

Robinson signed for the U18s in the summer

Interesting - I thought young players couldn't sign a pro-contract before their 17th birthday? Does that only apply to players who are already in an Academy? 

35 minutes ago, Crewton said:

Interesting - I thought young players couldn't sign a pro-contract before their 17th birthday? Does that only apply to players who are already in an Academy? 

Just going off this, which says a 3 year pro deal - I imagine it's actually a 2 year scholarship with 1 year pro deal agreed

https://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/sport/football/irish-league/dungannon-swifts/darren-robinson-tipped-to-go-a-long-way-after-dungannon-swifts-midfielder-makes-move-to-england-40486487.html

10 hours ago, Ghost of Clough said:

Be interesting to see the team - it'll be a major indication as to whether Rooney is planning for L1 or clinging to the hope of staying up.

Rooney will still want to field a decently strong team against United, considering we are bottom of the u23 league and really need points there.  It's a juggling act, i don't envy him for choices.

14 minutes ago, Sussex Ram said:

Out with a minor knee injury, expected to resume training next week.

Oh, I wasn’t aware of that, I was hoping he was being rewarded for his recent performances in the U23’s. I must pay more attention. Thanks for putting me right though. ?