The UEFA European Championship 2020 Thread

Day

1 hour ago, David said:

Was a brilliant finish.

Was Marshall too high up the pitch? Of course, IMO, but that was still no easy finish.

When Beckham scored from the halfway line, does anyone remember who the keeper was that day? The goal is remembered for Beckham’s finish.

Clarke also refused to blame him, which suggests he was asked to push up when in possession, can’t believe he meant that far but still.

Reminded me of Roy Carroll’s desperate attempts to get back v Petrov for Aston Villa in THAT season.

1 hour ago, RoyMac5 said:

Yes everyone is forgetting the 3 or 4 other very good saves he made before that strike - it was very good and even then he wasn't far off saving it. If it had been from the edge of the box it'd soon be forgotten and the keeper not blamed.

I didn't see the game as I was at work, so fair point about the other saves.

Still hold to my point though ... will be in every highlights package going forwards.

It's a good job for him England don't have loads of pacy fast strikers and attacking midfielders ....

18 minutes ago, Jubbs said:

Surprised you think this. I think one of Jozwiak's biggest strengths is his defensive output and tracking back.

He is a very hard worker and has been all season.

You have to remember last night he was up against a pretty decent looking international side, not Cov city. I think there's more to him than we saw last season.

So anyway... About Friday...

Anyone know the best (simplest!) way of watching the big game... on a mobile... in the Carneddau Range (northern sector) of Snowdonia National Park... on a campsite with no wifi... potentially in a thunderstorm?

Sometimes, my own stupidity astounds me!   

?do=download

Edited by Mucker1884

40 minutes ago, Mucker1884 said:

Anyone know the best (simplest!) way of watching the big game... on a mobile... in the Carneddau Range (northern sector) of Snowdonia National Park... on a campsite with no wifi... potentially in a thunderstorm?

?do=download

Massive telescope?

1 hour ago, Mucker1884 said:

?do=download

Disguise yourself as a goat and carefully walk into the nearest village and look around for a front window through which you can see the match. watch through the window. It's more covid safe.

Do not disguise yourself as a sheep.

1 hour ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

Disguise yourself as a goat and carefully walk into the nearest village and look around for a front window through which you can see the match. watch through the window. It's more covid safe.

Do not disguise yourself as a sheep.

Nice idea, but will anyone actually be watching ENG v SCO in Welsh speaking Wales (isn’ it!)

Are they even allowed to watch!  ?

3 hours ago, Dimmu said:

That goal was defender's error, pure madness to try to shoot from 40 yards and it was even blocked. I don't think Marshall was that badly positioned, just caught out by defender's brain fart.

Of course he was too far upfield.. no one else’s fault but his for the goal. Great finish though that is for sure

Hungary v Portugal is a great game so far.

best atmosphere of the tournament so far and Hungary are certainly holding their own, always nice to see Ronaldo gazing up to the sky in exasperation (well-to the big screen in the ground so he can check his hair)