The UEFA European Championship 2020 Thread

Day

I must say that I have been pleasantly surprised by the entertainment level and quality generally. Given the fact that most players have been playing more or less continuously for 12 months I feared it might look like walking football. 

Apart from the odd individual such as Lewandowski, teams at least look up for it and are giving it a go. 

Maybe some will run out of steam the further through we go. The one advantage of this format is that the next round of games at least will be competitive and most probably the one after that if there are 3rd places up for grabs. 

10 hours ago, MuespachRam said:

We will be fine, have to say the only team that has impressed me so far (apart from England) is Italy. 

Belgium looked decent to be fair, but Belgium and Italy played a couple of teams that looked well off the pace and/or simply rubbish.

I think the only two matches that had two teams of any recognisable quality have been England v Croatia and France v Germany. Both ended up being relatively comfortable for the respective winners.

4 hours ago, David said:

So the first round of games complete.

We’ve seen a player receive life saving CPR on the pitch, some guy parachute into a stadium, keeper beaten from near half way line and a fan in hospital having fell down a stand at Wembley. 

Can’t say it hasn’t been uneventful!

And $4bn wiped off Coke's value courtesy of Ronaldo removing the coke bottles at his press conference and holding aloft a bottle of water

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2021/jun/16/cristiano-ronaldo-snubs-coca-cola-billions-wiped-off-drink-giants-market-value