The UEFA European Championship 2020 Thread

Day

2 minutes ago, Dimmu said:

I've waited to see 35 years to see Finland in major competition and now this...  From super excitement to hoping Eriksen to stay alive... absolutely horrible.

I could vomit.

I feel the same way. I was hoping for a draw and now I'm hoping they get him back.

6 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

Sadly, I believe the chance of any good news after 10 minutes is miniscule.  Roughly 15 minutes had passed by the time he was carried off the pitch ?

Before the players formed the shield he was being put in the recovery position with eyes open until the medical people arrived when he was turned on his back and you could see his chest being pumped. 

It's brought tears to my eyes. Awful, terrible. 

Shocking scenes.  Very surprised they kept cutting to close ups of his treatment ?

Fortunately he started recieving treatment very quickly and as a professional athlete he has a better chance than most of pulling through.  Fingers crossed he's just given everyone a massive scare.

1 minute ago, 86 Hair Islands said:

Surely they have to stop the game now. Can't expect the Danish lads to carry on playing, most of them wee in bits. Even the Finnish lads looked distraught as do the Finnish fans. 

They surely will.

On a side note, Kasper has seen some awful things these last few years.

1 minute ago, Derbados said:

I sincerely hope that was to protect his dignity so treatment could continue and not because the worst has happened. 

I feel sick 

He was being carried off a short while after they cut to studio, still surrounded by his teammates 

Edited by Coconut

Just now, Derbados said:

I sincerely hope that was to protect his dignity so treatment could continue and not because the worst has happened. 

I feel sick 

I hope so too - set up a kind of field hospital. 

But if it's that serious then surely they will need better facilities and equipment than the medics could carry on the pitch with the stretcher. 

Hope they have ambulance at the stadium.