The UEFA European Championship 2020 Thread

David

3 minutes ago, Derbados said:

No problem with her messaging her family, did she really need to announce it to the world at a point when a bloke was literally receiving CPR  below her

To be fair it's a crap situation to be left in. You're sat like a lemon in the studio, no one wants to talk about football and everyone already understands the severity and magnitude of the situation. All you can do is deliver pointless platitudes.

10 minutes ago, IlsonDerby said:

I dunno what you expect her to talk about? Does she do another round of ‘oh we’re just hoping and praying for him’? 

Absolutely, the other pundits seemed to manage it just fine. I just find it insensitive to talk about yourself when someone else is dying 

12 minutes ago, Anon said:

To be fair it's a crap situation to be left in. You're sat like a lemon in the studio, no one wants to talk about football and everyone already understands the severity and magnitude of the situation. All you can do is deliver pointless platitudes.

I agree, but the other pundits seemed to manage it much better, they spoke about the impact of football in general, to Christian and his family and the perspective of the situation they were in, Alex kept referring to herself and how she was feeling, texting her mum and then did it again when they came back on, speaking about how it impacted her etc etc. I just found it bizarre and quite narcissistic. 

maybe it’s just me and maybe I’m over analysing it. 

3 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

Not offside if the defending player deliberately tries to play the ball

What a stupid rule, if it's going to him and clearly for him and hes a mile offside when the ball is literally played to him, hes offside!

No interfering with play? Without Lukaka in an offside position, defender never even touches it and keeper collects unchallenged 

Edited by DerbyRam!

1 minute ago, Derbados said:

I agree, but the other pundits seemed to manage it much better, they spoke about the impact of football in general, to Christian and his family and the perspective of the situation they were in, Alex kept referring to herself and how she was feeling, texting her mum and then did it again when they came back on, speaking about how it impacted her etc etc. I just found it bizarre and quite narcissistic. 

maybe it’s just me and maybe I’m over analysing it. 

I'm not saying you're wrong. You're entitled to your opinion. I just know if I was in her place I wouldn't have a clue what to say. I probably would've panicked a made a joke.

9 minutes ago, Carnero said:

14 penalty saves in 42 attempts by the Finnish keeper! Pretty impressive stuff ?

Justice was done. It was never a penalty and an obvious dive. I'm baffled as to how var didn't overturn the decision.

2 minutes ago, Anon said:

I'm not saying you're wrong. You're entitled to your opinion. I just know if I was in her place I wouldn't have a clue what to say. I probably would've panicked a made a joke.

I’m probably being over harsh, just didn’t sit right with me at the time 

Think UEFA got this massively wrong.

If they truly care about the welfare it of the players they would have taken the decision out of their hands.

The players had literally seen their teammate lay there dead on the pitch 90 minutes previous. I was literally shaking watching it at home so God knows what state the Danish players were in physically and emotionally.

13 minutes ago, Cisse said:

As a kid I never expected to see Finland in a major football tournament or seeing a Finish player in Wimbledon. It was really a long shot about forty years ago. Now I've seen both.?

Fair play to Finland and I hope in due course that the game will be able to be remembered for this. 

Get a win with this format and you'll have a foot in the knockout stages.