The UEFA European Championship 2020 Thread

David

1 minute ago, Rev said:

Apparently it's at the players request, after they received assurances on his condition.

Fair enough then, still seems a bit weird you'd think.they all need to process what has happened, even if they just move it to tomorrow for now.

Bit conflicted over the decision to continue the game but I suppose all that really matters is that the lad is back from the brink and will hopefully make a full recovery. Perhaps it's a stretch to think he'll play again, so maybe if the other lads can go back out and put on a proper show, it would be more fitting tribute to what has been a wonderful career. 

13 minutes ago, Carnero said:

Fair enough then, still seems a bit weird you'd think.they all need to process what has happened, even if they just move it to tomorrow for now.

I'd imagine they're elated right now, especially if the news is better than we know. 

Do it for Christian.

3 minutes ago, 86 Hair Islands said:

Bit conflicted over the decision to continue the game but I suppose all that really matters is that the lad is back from the brink and will hopefully make a full recovery. Perhaps it's a stretch to think he'll play again, so maybe if the other lads can go back out and put on a proper show, it would be more fitting tribute to what has been a wonderful career. 

Seeing as he had a fit before the heart trauma, maybe that electrical short circuit led to the more serious event, and they'll be able to sort him out in regard to resuming his career, rather than the heart being an underlying issue.

I hope so, being married to a Spurs fan I've seen a lot of him down the years, not only does he have a wand of a foot but he was consistently statistically the hardest worker during the Poch years, which often gets overlooked.

Shame on the BBC for rolling as long as they did, although they were not the only broadcasters to do so. They can pull the cameras away for streakers pretty rapidly and they should have done the same here. 

On another side note, could Alex Scott make this situation anymore about herself!! “I texted my mum and told her I loved her” now the tabloids are picking up on her comments and calling her “brave” 

All I keep hearing from her is I and me. It’s not about you ffs, a mans literally nearly died on the pitch with his teammates and his poor wife looking on in absolute despair, give it a bloody rest and read the room!  

13 minutes ago, EraniosSocks said:

Lovely to hear Eriksen rang the players and insisted on the game to restart 

That's the measure of the man right there. Small wonder he's so well respected throughout the game. Did occur to me that the game would not have gone on unless he'd somehow been in touch. Family of Football 1 Cruel Fate 0, I'd say. 

3 minutes ago, Derbados said:

Shame on the BBC for rolling as long as they did, although they were not the only broadcasters to do so. They can pull the cameras away for streakers pretty rapidly and they should have done the same here. 

On another side note, could Alex Scott make this situation anymore about herself!! “I texted my mum and told her I loved her” now the tabloids are picking up on her comments and calling her “brave” 

All I keep hearing from her is I and me. It’s not about you ffs, a mans literally nearly died on the pitch with his teammates and his poor wife looking on in absolute despair, give it a bloody rest and read the room!  

Stop being a wet blanket man. She was clearly shaken by the ordeal and was visibly upset. I was upset watching it. I rang my dad just to talk to him. Blokes my age and fit as a fiddle and it looks like his heart stopped. Why pick on people for being honest? 

Just now, IlsonDerby said:

Stop being a wet blanket man. She was clearly shaken by the ordeal and was visibly upset. I was upset watching it. I rang my dad just to talk to him. Blokes my age and fit as a fiddle and it looks like his heart stopped. Why pick on people for being honest? 

No problem with her messaging her family, did she really need to announce it to the world at a point when a bloke was literally receiving CPR  below her