The UEFA European Championship 2020 Thread

Day

Looking forward to this despite @Van der MoodHoover surprisingly being a complete moodhoover ? Pointless interest bet is

5-A-Side  @ 20/1
Receipt No: O/140215329/0004969

Jorginho To Make 75+ Passes

M. Locatelli To Make 1+ Assists

C. Immobile To Have 2+ Shots

L. Insigne Anytime Goalscorer

D. Berardi To Have 1+ Shots On Target

Probably significantly more chance of being hit by a low-flying aeroplane! Enjoy chaps and chappettes.

3 minutes ago, 86 Hair Islands said:

Looking forward to this despite @Van der MoodHoover surprisingly being a complete moodhoover ? Pointless interest bet is

5-A-Side  @ 20/1
Receipt No: O/140215329/0004969

Jorginho To Make 75+ Passes

M. Locatelli To Make 1+ Assists

C. Immobile To Have 2+ Shots

L. Insigne Anytime Goalscorer

D. Berardi To Have 1+ Shots On Target

Probably significantly more chance of being hit by a low-flying aeroplane! Enjoy chaps and chappettes.

Now then - I'm only a MoodHoover where completely overblown predictions of England are made.... 

I do enjoy a footie tournament and have the chance to watch the great majority if not all of the games. 

Might be looking a bit glassy eyed after 50 0-0 draws mind.... ?

We'll tonight's game is 0-0 so I assume it's rubbish.

I love DCFC but international football just doesn't do it for me.

Can't take my eyes off the Djokovic/Nadal semi final, unbelievable athletes providing unbelievable entertainment.

39 minutes ago, Van der MoodHoover said:

Back to the subject at hand - it's 5 mins to kick off of Italy v Turkey. 

2 pundits have gone for a draw, and rio thinks that we'll have goals. 

Turkey seems to be playing a single striker who's CKRs age and he's up against 2 even older Italian cbs. 

Will we be marvelling at the pace? ?

Italian super sub last 15 mins for the appropriately named Immobile.

8 minutes ago, JoetheRam said:

As opening games go it's somewhere between Germany v Costa Rica at WC 2006 and Switzerland v Czech Republic at Euro 2008.

Reasonably interesting. Best bit so far was Andrea Bocelli's suit and shades combo.

About a million times better than Tennis though.

Opening games are generally unmemorable. I can't personally recall either of your examples but I'd be pretty sure I watched them. 

This is not a bad game really. 

The last opening game I think I remember was italia 90 when Cameroon surprised Argentina, much to everyones huge amusement... ?

Italy have looked decent to my eye against a team who appear to be tying to bore them to death.

Bit of a tangent but why do the Beeb persist with the grinning idiot that is Robbie Savage? And do he and Bale have the same myopic hairdresser?  

2 minutes ago, 86 Hair Islands said:

Italy have looked decent to my eye against a team who appear to be tying to bore them to death.

Bit of a tangent but why do the Beeb persist with the grinning idiot that is Robbie Savage? And do he and Bale have the same myopic hairdresser?  

Same reason I was given for not being shortlisted for a job today.... Diversity and inclusion ?