Looking forward to next season

Curtains

1 minute ago, Dimmu said:

Yeah, it's a tough one. Byrne is too weak in the air for my liking but most likely he is better suited for the fullback's role from those two. 

I can't recall us having proper speed merchant in our attacking positions and that's definitely something we have missed for decades... I'm excited about Festy's raw pace and he should be showing it up front or on the wing. Maybe better suited to RW in some version of 4-3-3 than 4-4-2 but anyway I just hope we use him further up the pitch.

A bit like Jordan Ibe....when he was playing ?

5 hours ago, Tyler Durden said:

Can't see anything other than another train wreck of a season at this point in time hugely emphasised. 

Rooney as manager

No money for players

Morris still trying to flog the club

Things change absolutely but as this juncture we'll be staring down both barrels of another relegation scrap.

U missed out potentially starting off with a points deduction too

as u rightly put things can change and god help us they do on and off the field 

I think I have missed something? We do not have a blank canvass or clean sheet IMO as some have said.

Until the Club is sold nothing has or will change.

Have May wages been paid ? Mel was intimating enough was enough following the April payment.

EFL charge unlikely to be resolved for months. We will appeal. Will we get points deduction?

Are we under a transfer embargo? (we will be if the wages are not paid)

Rooney said after the last game of the season the sale of the Club needed sorting asap (if not sooner)

Nothing has happened. I would not be at all surprised if Rooney 'walked' if not sorted soon. You cannot blame him either.

We are in a complete mess with it is said £60m owing at high interest rates. Currently we have no squad for next season either.

Yes it will be great to get back to Pride Park and I live miles away from Derby now days so may have missed updates but really it all depends on the sale of the Club !!

Until then I see little cause for optimism.

4 minutes ago, gfs1ram said:

I think I have missed something? We do not have a blank canvass or clean sheet IMO as some have said.

Until the Club is sold nothing has or will change.

Have May wages been paid ? Mel was intimating enough was enough following the April payment.

EFL charge unlikely to be resolved for months. We will appeal. Will we get points deduction?

Are we under a transfer embargo? (we will be if the wages are not paid)

Rooney said after the last game of the season the sale of the Club needed sorting asap (if not sooner)

Nothing has happened. I would not be at all surprised if Rooney 'walked' if not sorted soon. You cannot blame him either.

We are in a complete mess with it is said £60m owing at high interest rates. Currently we have no squad for next season either.

Yes it will be great to get back to Pride Park and I live miles away from Derby now days so may have missed updates but really it all depends on the sale of the Club !!

At what sort of level in management would Wazza walk in to if he left? I can’t see him going anywhere...

7 minutes ago, gfs1ram said:

Oh God it's the hope that kills you 

5 minutes ago, Jimbo Ram said:

At what sort of level in management would Wazza walk in to if he left? I can’t see him going anywhere...

I'm always pleasantly surprised when he walks on two legs, tbh.

55 minutes ago, Jimbo Ram said:

if Rooney was sacked or left who do you think we would get and we only turn on them when we have a bad run ?

2 minutes ago, islandram said:

if Rooney was sacked or left who do you think we would get and we only turn on them when we have a bad run ?

Well, where do you draw the line? I was hoping Cocu was the long-term fix and provide the stability we needed but he wasn’t given time.....Rooney has done worse but do we now give him more time? Under the circumstances we haven’t got much option but to keep him. I do envy the likes of WBA and Sheff Utd who look like they are appointing Wilder and Jankovic. In the short-term I would be happy with a Steve Mac/Wassall combo......

5 minutes ago, Jimbo Ram said:

Well, where do you draw the line? I was hoping Cocu was the long-term fix and provide the stability we needed but he wasn’t given time...

Yes, given time he could have had us in a different league...

3 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Yes, given time he could have had us in a different league...

Yes, his record pales in to insignificance when compared with what your love child has achieved Macca. When was our last win again, was in 2021 wasn’t it, my memory???

Look. No one (virtuallly) wanted Cocu to carry on.

Most people were happy with Rooney when form picked up (before injurys bit).

Rooney is going to be the manager at start of next season. I for one am going to look forward to get back in the f.ing ground and will back the ugly sh-one-t for now.

Bitching time is done for me....

2 minutes ago, Dean (hick) Saunders said:

Rooney is going to be the manager at start of next season. I for one am going to look forward to get back in the f.ing ground and will back the ugly sh-one-t for now.

Yep, let’s hope the results and quality of football gets better. More of the same will be very difficult to stomach...

1 hour ago, Dean (hick) Saunders said:

I did! And I believe we would have still been safe. 

However, it is done. Gone. Rooney will start the season and we have to hope he shows something magical, because we are going to need it.