Looking forward to next season

Curtains

So as I sit here in the sun sipping a G&T having just climbed out the hot tub (on holiday) I can't help but remain optimistic things will fall into place and we'll be able to look forward to next season with renewed positivity.  

That said there's a huge amount to do to make that happen and that's without thinking about the takeover or EFL charge.  The realist in me says we run a real risk of continuing where we left off, but for now, as I sit in the early evening sun, with the Euros and Lions Tour to look forward to first, I'll focus on positive vibes in the real hope that everything really will fall into place. Cheers ?

9 minutes ago, BucksRam said:

So as I sit here in the sun sipping a G&T having just climbed out the hot tub (on holiday) I can't help but remain optimistic things will fall into place and we'll be able to look forward to next season with renewed positivity.  

That said there's a huge amount to do to make that happen and that's without thinking about the takeover or EFL charge.  The realist in me says we run a real risk of continuing where we left off, but for now, as I sit in the early evening sun, with the Euros and Lions Tour to look forward to first, I'll focus on positive vibes in the real hope that everything really will fall into place. Cheers ?

That glass of G & T is definitely half full....enjoy.....

whoever is in charge next season will need to be canny regarding recruitment

There is and will be lots of free agents and decent players around that we could get but here lies the problem for me....I do think an experienced championship manager will know what players are required and how to get us out of this division ( up i mean lol ) with no disrespect to Rooney I'm not as confident of us recruiting the right players as I would be if we had say ....a Chris Wilder or even an Alex Neil or someone who knows his way around the championship would be 

TBE was good at this and brought in some good players showed his experience in management and although I don't dislike Rooney for me he has to get an experienced number2 in or perhaps we'd be better off with a different manager