Looking forward to next season

Curtains

2 minutes ago, Tyler Durden said:

Define quite well. Relative to what. I can't tell if this post is just for the purpose of baiting people or not.

Mid table would be good. 

Im not trying to annoy anyone I’m just speculating 

Fans back at PP will also help 

Edited by Curtains

Just now, Tyler Durden said:

Can't see anything other than another train wreck of a season at this point in time hugely emphasised. 

Rooney as manager

No money for players

Morris still trying to flog the club

Things change absolutely but as this juncture we'll be staring down both barrels of another relegation scrap.

What is your gripe with Rooney !

We know Mel wants to sell and he will eventually.

Loads of free transfers available.

Points deduction may be an issue but not necessarily as I’m confident we won’t  get one .

5 minutes ago, Curtains said:

What is your gripe with Rooney !

We know Mel wants to sell and he will eventually.

Loads of free transfers available.

Points deduction may be an issue but not necessarily as I’m confident we won’t  get one .

To answer your questions in order

Thought that was patently obvious by now

Sale of the club should have been sorted months ago

Are the free transfers going to be any better than the players we have now

4 minutes ago, Sparkle said:

Nope not looking forward to it - I want an end to all the uncertainty - I want to see a proper good plan in action and promise on the football pitch - I am not expecting promotion or to be even close to it because the three relegated teams should stroll to promotion next season.

Just to get back to PP is enough for me .

It will be so good to see the place again .

Mid-table would be the  goal 

10 minutes ago, Tyler Durden said:

To answer your questions in order

Thought that was patently obvious by now

Sale of the club should have been sorted months ago

Are the free transfers going to be any better than the players we have now

It’s not  obvious what your gripe with Rooney is. 

Seems spiteful 

5 minutes ago, Curtains said:

It’s not  obvious what your gripe with Rooney is. 

Seems spiteful 

Perhaps in your mind which I can't help you with. Not personal and is kind of offensive to allude that it might be. Am sure you didn't mean that though. 

38 minutes ago, Curtains said:

I think we could do quite well .

Rooney will have more managerial experience from a tough season and the younger players also will have benefited by more time with the first team 

Are you expecting a few additions to the squad? What do you think Wazza will do differently to enable us to start winning some games ?

3 minutes ago, Tyler Durden said:

Perhaps in your mind which I can't help you with. Not personal and is kind of offensive to allude that it might be. Am sure you didn't mean that though. 

So you are saying personally you have nothing against Rooney as Derby Manager other than on an ability basis. 

So why  not give him a chance the poor guy is doing his best .

I don’t mean you are a spiteful person but I do think the vitriol that Rooney gets off some people is spiteful.

Why should he receive hostility in any shape or form. 

3 minutes ago, Jimbo Ram said:

Are you expecting a few additions to the squad? What do you think Wazza will do differently to enable us to start winning some games ?

Next season is a clean slate start for him which starts with pre season training and some players hopefully he wants in key areas. 

Last season was all about survival 

1 minute ago, Curtains said:

So you are saying personally you have nothing against Rooney as Derby Manager other than on an ability basis. 

So why  not give him a chance the poor guy is doing his best .

I don’t mean you are a spiteful person but I do think the vitriol that Rooney gets off some people is spiteful.

Why should he receive hostility in any shape or form. 

Yes absolutely 100%

Thereby lies the crux of the issue - am not questioning whether Rooney is doing his best am questioning whether his best is anywhere near the level of a competent Championship football manager. 

I agree that if he is being subjected to personal abuse or comments then absolutely is out of order. But if people are speaking as they find without resorting to personal abuse then that's a totally different matter.

49 minutes ago, Curtains said:

I think we could do quite well .
Rooney will have more managerial experience from a tough season and the younger players also will have benefited by more time with the first team 

I'm looking forward to preseason, can't be long now. ? #COYR

I'm with you Curtains, new season new excitement. Did you read the Sunday Times piece by Rooney? Sounded positive stuff.

1 minute ago, Tyler Durden said:

Yes absolutely 100%

Thereby lies the crux of the issue - am not questioning whether Rooney is doing his best am questioning whether his best is anywhere near the level of a competent Championship football manager. 

I agree that if he is being subjected to personal abuse or comments then absolutely is out of order. But if people are speaking as they find without resorting to personal abuse then that's a totally different matter.

We agree on that .

I suppose I questioned the players last season more than the manager .

Cocu was having massive difficulties and to expect Rooney to save us was hard on him .

Obviously if Rooney loses the first 10 games then I would think he would resign but I’m not expecting that .

2 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

I'm looking forward to preseason, can't be long now. ? #COYR

I'm with you Curtains, new season new excitement. Did you read the Sunday Times piece by Rooney? Sounded positive stuff.

Yes I did and was encouraged 

Pre season is always a time when a club has new hopes .

Just getting back to PP is massive for me personally.

Im happy we are still in the Championship lol. 

1 hour ago, Tyler Durden said:

Can't see anything other than another train wreck of a season at this point in time hugely emphasised. 

Rooney as manager

No money for players

Morris still trying to flog the club

Things change absolutely but as this juncture we'll be staring down both barrels of another relegation scrap.

You always make Private Fraser seem like Mr Optimistic ?