Looking forward to next season

Curtains

1 minute ago, Curtains said:

Mate you have a go at Rooney at every opportunity.

Deny it 

I just like to look at the facts Curtains. What were his credentials to be appointed as Manager of our great club? What was his style of play? When did he show some tactical nous? What has his record been? We won 1 in 16 games, the worst record in English football. The youngsters have gone backwards under him. With the possibility the squad will be even weaker next season what is he going to do to change things? Surely more of the same with similar results is not an option? I will support the Rams 100% like I always do, like the Cocu out brigade did. I just don’t think he is the man to take us forward. I want a clean sweep on and off the pitch and a fresh start but the likelihood is Wazza will remain in charge. Let’s just hope things improve.

5 minutes ago, Jimbo Ram said:

I just like to look at the facts Curtains. What were his credentials to be appointed as Manager of our great club? What was his style of play? When did he show some tactical nous? What has his record been? We won 1 in 16 games, the worst record in English football. The youngsters have gone backwards under him. With the possibility the squad will be even weaker next season what is he going to do to change things? Surely more of the same with similar results is not an option? I will support the Rams 100% like I always do, like the Cocu out brigade did. I just don’t think he is the man to take us forward. I want a clean sweep on and off the pitch and a fresh start but the likelihood is Wazza will remain in charge. Let’s just hope things improve.

I just don’t get your thinking. 

The youngsters got tired and will come again. 

Clean sweep is impossible in our situation and you know it .

Just give Rooney a chance he might surprise you. 

Im still looking forward to next season and recriminations won’t help us. 

Apart from being back in the ground I'm struggling to see what there is to be excited about? Our squad needs a complete overhaul, we've got no money to do it with and our current manager got us a grand total of 7 points from the last 45 on offer. I think we'll more than likely fall through the trap door this time around as I can't really see any hope of much improvement from last season. If anything it could be even worse as I doubt our squad will improve unless a takeover soon occurs. 

5 minutes ago, Curtains said:

His thinking is based on facts and logic yours is on groundless optimism tbh. 

Just now, Leeds Ram said:

Logic tells you it wasn’t the best season ever of course not.

Next season is a new dawn .

Remember my thread Derby won’t go down posted against all the odds .

Well by hook or by crook I was right .

I might just be right about Rooney as manager 

2 minutes ago, Leeds Ram said:

Next season isn't even beginning, for me even if we started with the same squad I'd believe we would do better than last season. Optimism yes, groundless no.

Just now, RoyMac5 said:

Next season isn't even beginning, for me even if we started with the same squad I'd believe we would do better than last season. Optimism yes, groundless no.

why would the same squad and the same management team do any better next time around? I'll wait and see for who we get in before I'm condemning us but we need a massive overhaul of the spine of the side if we're to compete next season. That doesn't have to cost a fortune if we're savvy about it but we often haven't been savvy in recent years when it comes to transfers. 

2 minutes ago, Curtains said:

Logic tells you it wasn’t the best season ever of course not.

Next season is a new dawn .

Remember my thread Derby won’t go down posted against all the odds .

Well by hook or by crook I was right .

I might just be right about Rooney as manager 

Logic doesn't tell us that it's just a fact that it was an awful season and were saved because of another teams points deduction. You've not offered anything apart from 'well I might be right' well anyone can say that about anything. At least @Jimbo Ram is actually grounding his argument on something like past performance that can give us an indication of the future. 

Atm, there's little evidence of Rooney magically turning into a good manager overnight and us getting the players we need in to make it a successful campaign. 

9 minutes ago, Curtains said:

We both want the same thing Curtains, a team that is doing well, playing good football and making us competitive again. Above all I want to enjoy following the team and look forward to games. I haven’t done that for a while. You think Rooney is the man to take us forward and achieve that, based on the last 35 games I don’t. Just have to agree to disagree ?

2 minutes ago, Leeds Ram said:

Logic doesn't tell us that it's just a fact that it was an awful season and were saved because of another teams points deduction. You've not offered anything apart from 'well I might be right' well anyone can say that about anything. At least @Jimbo Ram is actually grounding his argument on something like past performance that can give us an indication of the future. 

Atm, there's little evidence of Rooney magically turning into a good manager overnight and us getting the players we need in to make it a successful campaign. 

Jimbo  Ram and Leeds Ram the font of all football knowledge.

Give us a break. 

Edited by Curtains

3 minutes ago, Leeds Ram said:

why would the same squad and the same management team do any better next time around? I'll wait and see for who we get in before I'm condemning us but we need a massive overhaul of the spine of the side if we're to compete next season. That doesn't have to cost a fortune if we're savvy about it but we often haven't been savvy in recent years when it comes to transfers. 

Because next season will not be the same (it cannot be in reality). Next season the young players will be older and more experienced. The manager and team will be more experienced. They will be starting from an equal position in the league, not a position of fear of relegation.

Just now, RoyMac5 said:

Because next season will not be the same (it cannot be in reality). Next season the young players will be older and more experienced. The manager and team will be more experienced. They will be starting from an equal position in the league, not a position of fear of relegation.

Yes, next season will not be identical but in my mind that's not really saying much. Structurally, the core problems remain (a young, inexperienced management and overrated squad who looked horribly out of their depth) and until these are solved then I'm not massively optimistic. I think if we're relying on these youngsters to keep us up next season I can't see anything but relegation. They're generally not good enough for this level consistently as that horrid run of form showed. If we're using them as a sprinkling then with the right additions and a change in management we might be fine but atm we're in a big hole.