Looking forward to next season

Curtains

whatever next season brings be sure there will be debate but we hopefully all will still support Derby . i lived there when we were in div 2 and remember Europe and watching as a child Finn harps Velez Mostar. Hinton's boot etc but its in your blood lets. get over personal animosity. i apologise Tyler I'm sure your hearts in right place. and just remember how proud we all are to get our first signed shirt mine was signed by john robson .

13 minutes ago, Leeds Ram said:

Yes, next season will not be identical but in my mind that's not really saying much. Structurally, the core problems remain (a young, inexperienced management and overrated squad who looked horribly out of their depth) and until these are solved then I'm not massively optimistic. I think if we're relying on these youngsters to keep us up next season I can't see anything but relegation. They're generally not good enough for this level consistently as that horrid run of form showed. If we're using them as a sprinkling then with the right additions and a change in management we might be fine but atm we're in a big hole. 

All I said was *if* it was the same squad I believed we'd do better. I don't actually think it will be the same squad. After Jan window I'm confident that Rooney will get players in. We start from the same as everyone else points-wise. #COYR

1 minute ago, RoyMac5 said:

All I said was *if* it was the same squad I believed we'd do better. I don't actually think it will be the same squad. After Jan window I'm confident that Rooney will get players in. We start from the same as everyone else points-wise. #COYR

Looks like first Rooney might sell Knight and sibley.

2 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

No, it won't be the same squad because a fair few have had their contracts run out and loan players have gone back. I think one of the reasons I am not optimistic is that there are a lot of holes to fill and there won't be much cash around to fill them.  I don't think we'd have done any better with the same squad but neither of us can prove it either way. Hopefully, Rooney will defy my low expectations and we have a good season. 

11 minutes ago, Jimbo Ram said:

Oh dear...

Apparently asking for a basis on which an opinion is grounded now makes us believe we're footballing fountains of wisdom... Although, I did get York City into the champions league on football manager when I was 17 so maybe I am a footballing genius ? 

Edited by Leeds Ram

1 minute ago, Leeds Ram said:

Apparently asking for a basis on which an opinion is grounded now makes us believe we're footballing fountains of wisdom... Although, I did get York City into the champions league on football manager when I was 17 so maybe I am a footballing genius ? 

I think he failed to get my tongue in cheek joke and it just degenerated from there ?

1 minute ago, Jimbo Ram said:

I think he failed to get my tongue in cheek joke and it just degenerated from there ?

Oh dear that's not good lol. Personally, I want to test our fountain of wisdom at the helm of Derby. I mean who wouldn't like the idea of Jimbo and Leeds Ram management duo for the rams  ? we are about as qualified as our current manager ?

Just now, Leeds Ram said:

Oh dear that's not good lol. Personally, I want to test our fountain of wisdom at the helm of Derby. I mean who wouldn't like the idea of Jimbo and Leeds Ram management duo for the rams  ? we are about as qualified as our current manager ?

Perhaps we should introduce ourselves to Mel and outline our cunning plan......to score more goals than the opposition ?

Can’t wait to get back in PP and hopefully away days back on as well. As for the actual football, a novice manager and dreadful back room bunch, no money for signings or wages, one CB and one CF on the books who are both n their mid 30s, relying on the academy again. It’s going to be a car crash and We’ll be relegated by Christmas, but I’ll still be there COYR ?

This will be when we see the best of Players like Louie Sibley.

Graham Shinnie is Mr dependable.

Krystian Bielik partners Jozwiak.

CKR has another decent season in him.

Wayne Rooney gets it right with a little help from his friends.

Supporters' expectation is realistic rather than looking for a repeat of 50 years ago!

We have a blank canvas on which to write the latest chapter in what is the illustrious and unpredictable history of Derby County Football Club!

COYR!

17 minutes ago, TexasRam said:

Can’t wait to get back in PP and hopefully away days back on as well. As for the actual football, a novice manager and dreadful back room bunch, no money for signings or wages, one CB and one CF on the books who are both n their mid 30s, relying on the academy again. It’s going to be a car crash and We’ll be relegated by Christmas, but I’ll still be there COYR ?

We wont, you will and so will I. Can't come soon enough.

1 hour ago, Jimbo Ram said:

Ebosele further forward? I think Byrne is often our biggest threat...

Yeah, it's a tough one. Byrne is too weak in the air for my liking but most likely he is better suited for the fullback's role from those two. 

I can't recall us having proper speed merchant in our attacking positions and that's definitely something we have missed for decades... I'm excited about Festy's raw pace and he should be showing it up front or on the wing. Maybe better suited to RW in some version of 4-3-3 than 4-4-2 but anyway I just hope we use him further up the pitch.