Jason Knight

desirelines

29 minutes ago, Marriott Ram99 said:

I think 9-11mill would be a good price for him, probably on the lower end of that + a 15 %sell on fee and 1million potential bonuses. 

We'll be lucky to get half of that. We are in the mire and every other club knows it. Anything in the region of 5 million and he is off. 

I highly doubt we will be getting the maximum value from any outgoings. 

36 minutes ago, JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta said:

We'll be lucky to get half of that. We are in the mire and every other club knows it. Anything in the region of 5 million and he is off. 

I highly doubt we will be getting the maximum value from any outgoings. 

Yep, thankfuly Gordan covered the last few months wages but we still need to pay out circa £1.2m per month with limited income, not to mention Keogh/Cocu compensation, signing on fees, season ticket refunds and any outstanding loan interest and potential EFL sanctions.   

Kids will likely max at the following plus sell ons, Bird £2m, Buchanan £4m, Sibley £4m, Knight £5m 

Lawrence will be gone for £1-2m if any takers and Jozwiak for a small profit.

Not sure any of it will be reinvesed

1 hour ago, Rample said:

Yep, thankfuly Gordan covered the last few months wages but we still need to pay out circa £1.2m per month with limited income, not to mention Keogh/Cocu compensation, signing on fees, season ticket refunds and any outstanding loan interest and potential EFL sanctions.   

Kids will likely max at the following plus sell ons, Bird £2m, Buchanan £4m, Sibley £4m, Knight £5m 

Lawrence will be gone for £1-2m if any takers and Jozwiak for a small profit.

Not sure any of it will be reinvesed

I agree on your valuations but if none of it is reinvested then relegation will be a certainty next season. 

So much conjecture on here. The counter-argument is that if more than one club is interested in Knight, we'll get the going rate. Clubs will only be able to dry hump us if they are the only potential buyer.

I'd also wager that if as seems to be the case, a sensible bid may be coming in for the club, the least thing they are going to want is to allow the cream of our youth to leave for buttons, especially when they will be amongst the lowest earners on our books and are FFP neutral. That makes literally zero commercial sense.

8 hours ago, 86 Hair Islands said:

So much conjecture on here. The counter-argument is that if more than one club is interested in Knight, we'll get the going rate. Clubs will only be able to dry hump us if they are the only potential buyer.

I'd also wager that if as seems to be the case, a sensible bid may be coming in for the club, the least thing they are going to want is to allow the cream of our youth to leave for buttons, especially when they will be amongst the lowest earners on our books and are FFP neutral. That makes literally zero commercial sense.

We already let the cream of our youth go for buttons when Delap and Gordon went on the cheap to help keep the lights on. 

Edited by JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta

4 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

Unusual for a group to move from one club to another at the same time, but not too unusual for youngsters to move at that age.

But for money? I didn't realise clubs could buy youngsters?

49 minutes ago, 86 Hair Islands said:

Both wanted to leave and neither were contracted

We offered both of them contracts for when they turned 17 and they were both younger than 17, so couldn't sign professional contracts anyway. Delap moved to Man City and Gordon moved to Liverpool. If they both came in with good offers and promises of first team football (Delap played last year and is becoming a first team player next season), what can Derby do?

41 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

But for money? I didn't realise clubs could buy youngsters?

They don't buy them. They 'compensate' us for the money we've spent on their education and training. It's another scam that favours the richest clubs. Expect more of it now Prem clubs can't have their pick of Europe's youngsters in the same way.

Not saying we're blameless in this as we've used the same system to pick up Knight, Bogle, Ebosele etc. But we're lower down the pecking order so gonna get done over ourselves too.

Our biggest problem is sell-on clauses. When Bogle went, Swindon made money, but with a player that transfers to a Manchester City or United, there really is no sell-on. If they make it there,  noone else will be able to afford them.

One day I will answer a question before @Ghost of Clough. ?

Edited by angieram
To add a bit

6 minutes ago, angieram said:

They don't buy them. They 'compensate' us for the money we've spent on their education and training. It's another scam that favours the richest clubs. Expect more of it now Prem clubs can't have their pick of Europe's youngsters in the same way.

Not saying we're blameless in this as we've used the same system to pick up Knight, Bogle, Ebosele etc. But we're lower down the pecking order so gonna get done over ourselves too.

Our biggest problem is sell-on clauses. When Bogle went, Swindon made money, but with a player that transfers to a Manchester City or United, there really is no sell-on. If they make it there,  noone else will be able to afford them.

One day I will answer a question before @Ghost of Clough. ?

1 word is quicker to type than over 100 ?