Jason Knight

desirelines

4 minutes ago, Spanish said:

You are right but I don’t understand the Marriott issue

I believe it is because his wages are above the embargo wage limit so it couldnt be approved, which is probably why Wisdom, Davies & Waggy havent just signed back up, it will mean they will probably have to have a big wage cut, potentially by half if they're our highest earners on £20k+ a week

That’s a really interesting table. Are we sure it’s right?

obviously the wage bill must have come down significantly over the past few years. We’re left still with neatly 300k per week though - wow!

With Clarke going, and wisdom and Davies likely to be cut significantly down, we will soon be around 250k per week. It’s almost as if we are trying to build a sustainable business …

… but one which is unlikely to survive in the championship sadly.

Anyone know the standard wage for a championship manager. I suspect it’s less than 46k per week!!

6 minutes ago, Malty said:

obviously the wage bill must have come down significantly over the past few years. We’re left still with neatly 300k per week though - wow!

With Clarke going, and wisdom and Davies likely to be cut significantly down, we will soon be around 250k per week. It’s almost as if we are trying to build a sustainable business …

Anyone know the standard wage for a championship manager. I suspect it’s less than 46k per week!!

Its a load of rubbish... the list includes various players who are no longer at the club!!

Te Wierik, Evans, Holmes, Whittaker, JHI, Cresswell, Minkley, Idem = another "£27k" supposedly.

Based off that table, if you remove the players no longer with us and Rooneys wage with him now being manager our wage bill is £192,630.

That's including Wisdom, Davies & Waghorn at their full wage.

Without them 3 it is £131,730 a week

If all 3 renewed at the reported max embargo amount (11.5k) the weekly wages would be £166,230 - that would also be a wage increase for Waghorn based off that table! Without Waggy's wage increase but the other 2 on 11.5k it would be £162,630

Not sure how accurate the table is but it does go to show how low our wage bill is & could be, I think that's a good position for any new owner to start from. It's easier to bring players in within a budget than to remove/sell players to get within a budget.

41 minutes ago, Malty said:

Figures are copied off Football Manager - Rooney's playing wages estimated based on the rumoured £90k he was on (minus the increased sponsorship income). Ibe's estimated based on his in game rather than the rumoured reality of "very little with high performance related bonuses". I'm sure the same applied to Bird, Sibley, etc

59 minutes ago, DCFC1388 said:

Based off that table, if you remove the players no longer with us and Rooneys wage with him now being manager our wage bill is £192,630.

That's including Wisdom, Davies & Waghorn at their full wage.

Without them 3 it is £131,730 a week

If all 3 renewed at the reported max embargo amount (11.5k) the weekly wages would be £166,230 - that would also be a wage increase for Waghorn based off that table! Without Waggy's wage increase but the other 2 on 11.5k it would be £162,630

Not sure how accurate the table is but it does go to show how low our wage bill is & could be, I think that's a good position for any new owner to start from. It's easier to bring players in within a budget than to remove/sell players to get within a budget.

It’s still an awful lot of money when nothing is coming in !

Feels like a government briefing …. Like “We’ve halved the deficit”. Which means we’re still spending way more than we are bringing in, but it’s not as bad as it was.

I’m just wondering if this is a “revolving” system … i.e. you have two or three years of “going for it” followed by two or three years of paying for what you have just done (If you’re not successful).

On 28/06/2021 at 12:00, Ghost of Clough said:

Figures are copied off Football Manager - Rooney's playing wages estimated based on the rumoured £90k he was on (minus the increased sponsorship income). Ibe's estimated based on his in game rather than the rumoured reality of "very little with high performance related bonuses". I'm sure the same applied to Bird, Sibley, etc

It's the other way round, Football Manager copies that website and have for half a decade.

On 28/06/2021 at 11:00, Malty said:

You're stuck between a rock and a hard place if you are trying to build a sustainable business in the football league (which isn't what we are trying to do anyway). If you cut everything to the bone and go down you lose a crap ton of income anyway. You have to rely on player  sales to make the difference up if you still want to compete as well, but we are as good at selling players as we are at buying them. Its very difficult to get the balance right, but we're just getting rid of anything not nailed down anyway .

On 29/06/2021 at 17:34, Ilsonram12 said:

So we signed waghorn for £5mill+ and he only signed for £7,900 a week? I doubt that...   

There was a lot of talk that Sheff Utd wanted him at the time we signed him but his demands were so excessive they backed out.

Reports were he wanted £40k plus to go there, now I'm not saying we gave him that, but I imagine given the wages we were paying at the time for Malone, Marriott et al, he must have been on £20k plus. FM always put Jozefzoon at about £5k too, to beat Leeds to his signature I imagine we were far more competitive.

On 29/06/2021 at 15:55, Macintosh said:

It's the other way round, Football Manager copies that website and have for half a decade.

So why does it has the same positions and players as the starting squads as Fifa 2020? ?

I don't believe it for a minute. 

On 29/06/2021 at 15:55, Macintosh said:

Pretty sure Miles Jacobson once said they had specific sources that he refused to specify for a lot of the contract arrangements that exist? Might be misremembering that though.