Jason Knight

desirelines

13 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

Evidence of us needing to further scale back on spending next season? I'll be extremely surprised if we cut costs again. The playing wage bill was reportedly something like £14m last season. With Davies, Wisdom and Waghorn's contracts expiring, that figure drops to just £11m. That's the sort of figure you expect of a bottom 3 club as a result of lower revenue. Our financial struggles this season have mostly stemmed from no fans in the ground - £20m lost due to Covid over 1 and a bit seasons.

Incentive? How about being first choice? At Brighton he currently has Dunk, Webster, White, Burn and Veltman as competition at CB, so almost certainly won't be playing there next season. Maybe despite everything that's gone on over the past couple of years he actually quite likes the club and the surrounding area and would like to return? Maybe Rooney can convince him we'll be pushing for promotion again.

I'd imagine we're paying it all, otherwise Brighton would have found another club willing to. Why must he take a pay cut to come?

If it was a choice of staying at Brighton or coming here, I'd imagine you're right. However, he's in the middle of a four-year contract and could potentially get a move to a team in this league in a better position on loan or maybe even permanently and sign for more money.

I guess we will have to wait and see on the spending side. I meant that we are scaling back on what was our financial boundaries, not what the wage bill currently sits at, which is almost impossible, but I'd imagine the days of spending upwards of £20k-a-week on a players wage is long gone until new ownership is found.

38 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

I'd imagine we're paying it all, otherwise Brighton would have found another club willing to. Why must he take a pay cut to come?

Brighton a prem side when he signed so odds on the salary was prem club standard.  Really can't imagine we  will match that unless you know something more about this

45 minutes ago, Spanish said:

Brighton a prem side when he signed so odds on the salary was prem club standard.  Really can't imagine we  will match that unless you know something more about this

Clarke will be on too much in terms of wages and there will be a loan fee and let’s keep this real he has only played at championship level for one club Derby county everything else was league one or below. He isn’t very quick on the deck so no selling point there and he contributed to us finishing very badly in season 19/20 and the dreadful season of 20/21 - was it his fault no not really but the same can be said about all the others. Can we find better who knows but I do want to see the likes of knight Sibley Buchanan and Bird flourish here at Derby county and sell them at their peak value and not when we know it will sky rocket in a few seasons.

3 hours ago, rammieib said:

Remind me on his goals and assists contribution last season B4?

He couldn’t even maintain a spot in an under performing team.

He offers a lot more than just goals he has a lot of skill on the ball and does put some good crosses of the ball and no conriancedance that he is in full Ireland team is it. 

So for me that why he should be worth at 15m.

41 minutes ago, B4ev6is said:

He offers a lot more than just goals he has a lot of skill on the ball and does put some good crosses of the ball and no conriancedance that he is in full Ireland team is it. 

So for me that why he should be worth at 15m.

I think you might have to knock the 1 off B4..........

49 minutes ago, B4ev6is said:

No I will keep one on

5m is way to cheap.

We haven't sold any of our youngsters for any significant amounts of money B4. Hendrick is the only one we've really ever got an ok amount for, but people know we are desperate at the moment and they will take advantage of the situation.

3 minutes ago, B4ev6is said:

No need to sell on the cheap and show we wont get walked over off.

I'm afraid mate we have a big financial hole to fill in and we don't even know if we have the anticipated 11 million? to cover this year liability.

My suspicion is we will be taking 3 mill with add ons for any youngster and less for those on a hefty wage with another year- Lawrence.

I've seen a few teams put together here with no cash- Burley being the obvious.  Even the Cox team that finished 3rd after Maxwell got bored and broke was doing well with Ormondroyd, Coleman and the like before the splurge of Pickering .  You could say that a lot of the players we sold to let Smith bring in huge cut price replacements were sold pretty cheaply. You need the right scouting expertise in place though otherwise you wind up with a load of Benfica reserves and Cape Verde internationals on loan like Forest did. My suspicion is that could be our problem as well.

14 minutes ago, Ramslad1992 said:

The rate we are going there’s every need to sell on the cheap. Could be the difference between having a club or not. ?

Or could dammage us even more we need get the money he is worth.

13 minutes ago, B4ev6is said:

Or could dammage us even more we need get the money he is worth.

He’s only worth what somebody will pay though. Clubs will realise some money is better than none for us. I’d be amazed if we even got £5 mil for him.