Jason Knight

desirelines

1 hour ago, B4ev6is said:

Well I be asking 15m plus add on or matt clark and you can have him for 10m.

I love your optimism B4. They are both decent young players. Clarke has been player of the season in 3 of the last 4 seasons. Currently in my team selection, Clarke would be picked before Knight. I think Brighton would argue Clarke is worth around the same as Knight.

3 hours ago, NorwichExile said:

I feel for Knight. It's like young players aren't allowed to play their natural game now in case they're pigeonholed as lazy.

So what we get is a lad working his balls off, and management forgetting he's actually a talented and skilled footballer and just seeing a workrate.

He's practically played every outfield position already, no wonder he's not found a niche. He's not been allowed to.

If he does go, hopefully we get Clarke in exchange. If not, hopefully we get a manager who understands how to deploy him.

Indeed, he was even made captain of a struggling side at one point, not sure how that would help his development 

3 hours ago, SimonBHA said:

How much do you reckon he's worth? If there was a deal to be done including Clarke I imagine we'd be valuing Clarke at 3.5m+ given I think that's what we paid Pompey a couple of seasons ago. 

I think we’d do well to get a deal with the value of £7.5m (Clarke in the £2-3m range and the rest cash).

More likely it’d be a £5m range as everyone knows we need to raise funds.

Good player who I think will flourish under good management. He suffers from being utilised poorly as a Jack of all trades midfielder, when he’s a box to box player.

3 hours ago, SimonBHA said:

How much do you reckon he's worth? If there was a deal to be done including Clarke I imagine we'd be valuing Clarke at 3.5m+ given I think that's what we paid Pompey a couple of seasons ago. 

Remember that we are Derby County and so when it comes to transfers out, we’ll take the first offer that arrives plus a bag of crisps. 
See our outgoings over the last 3 or 4 years and you’ll get the gist. 

1 hour ago, Ramarena said:

I think we’d do well to get a deal with the value of £7.5m (Clarke in the £2-3m range and the rest cash).

More likely it’d be a £5m range as everyone knows we need to raise funds.

Good player who I think will flourish under good management. He suffers from being utilised poorly as a Jack of all trades midfielder, when he’s a box to box player.

I’d take Clarke and Solly March.

16 hours ago, Jimbo Ram said:

I love your optimism B4. They are both decent young players. Clarke has been player of the season in 3 of the last 4 seasons. Currently in my team selection, Clarke would be picked before Knight. I think Brighton would argue Clarke is worth around the same as Knight.

its not a like for like, Knight is a goal scoring midfielder with the engine of a Rolls Royce, he is also a full international. Clarke is excellent but a goal scoring international midfielder will always be worth more. He we through a goal scoring striker in the mix his value would be higher than both. 

I do take your point about Clarke being on the team sheet before Knight but that's not how football valuations work

50 minutes ago, Woodley Ram said:

its not a like for like, Knight is a goal scoring midfielder with the engine of a Rolls Royce, he is also a full international. Clarke is excellent but a goal scoring international midfielder will always be worth more. He we through a goal scoring striker in the mix his value would be higher than both. 

I do take your point about Clarke being on the team sheet before Knight but that's not how football valuations work

Time will tell, Knight is hardly prolific in terms of scoring goals....I don't think we will be able to sign Clarke on a perm as we can't afford his prem wages. Be another loan as part of the Knight deal if it happens....

11 minutes ago, Jimbo Ram said:

Time will tell, Knight is hardly prolific in terms of scoring goals....I don't think we will be able to sign Clarke on a perm as we can't afford his prem wages. Be another loan as part of the Knight deal if it happens....

He actually used to be fairly prolific scored 10 in 39 in 19/20. But of course he was managed very differently back then.

16 hours ago, Woodley Ram said:

I think Knight is worth more than Clarke, he is a goal scorer, full international (at 19), lots of energy and potential. therefore I would swap Knight for Clarke and Brighton pay up 3 mil on top with a 15% sell on clause   

will Clarke come here for the wages we would be wiling to pay?

Don't care what we get for him, which won't be much, but he needs to leave Derby for the good of his career. Rooney only thinks he is a good player because he works hard and he can't see what a talented footballer he is. I hate to see our youth players go for cheap, but the longer they stay here at the moment the worse it is going to be for them. Wish them all the best in their future careers wherever they end up.

18 hours ago, Abu Derby said:

Remember that we are Derby County and so when it comes to transfers out, we’ll take the first offer that arrives plus a bag of crisps. 
See our outgoings over the last 3 or 4 years and you’ll get the gist. 

We usually take the packet of crisps as full payment for our star players.

2 hours ago, Jimbo Ram said:

Knight got a good goals return in his first season in the first team. Its not his fault that Rooney prefers to play a team of cloggers around him or that rooney only uses him for his work rate. Messi would struggle to score if he was being managed by Rooney.

1 minute ago, GenBr said:

Don't care what we get for him, which won't be much, but he needs to leave Derby for the good of his career. Rooney only thinks he is a good player because he works hard and he can't see what a talented footballer he is. I hate to see our youth players go for cheap, but the longer they stay here at the moment the worse it is going to be for them. Wish them all the best in their future careers wherever they end up.

Knight got a good goals return in his first season in the first team. Its not his fault that Rooney prefers to play a team of cloggers around him or that rooney only uses him for his work rate. Messi would struggle to score if he was being managed by Rooney.

Yep, Cocu seemed to know how to get the best out of our young crown jewels.....

2 minutes ago, GenBr said:

And how many times did Wazza continue to play him out wide where he was totally wasted and ineffective??

25 minutes ago, Jimbo Ram said:

And how many times did Wazza continue to play him out wide where he was totally wasted and ineffective??

Wazza plays him all over the pitch in every position. I expect Knight to be in goal at least once next season if he is still here. Hardly ever gets played in his best position by Rooney and is totally wasted here, which is why I want him to leave for his own good. 

26 minutes ago, Jimbo Ram said:

Yep, Cocu seemed to know how to get the best out of our young crown jewels.....

Can't tell if you are being sarcastic here, but yes Cocu certainly got a lot more out of our youth players than Rooney is doing. They all look to be going backwards now.

19 minutes ago, GenBr said:

Wazza plays him all over the pitch in every position. I expect Knight to be in goal at least once next season if he is still here. Hardly ever gets played in his best position by Rooney and is totally wasted here, which is why I want him to leave for his own good. 

Can't tell if you are being sarcastic here, but yes Cocu certainly got a lot more out of our youth players than Rooney is doing. They all look to be going backwards now.

No, I was being serious, the youngsters have gone backwards under Wazza unfortunately....