Jason Knight

desirelines

17 hours ago, Oldben said:

The problem with selling Knight and sibley is the money is like to be used to pay players wages and keep the club going.

In my opinion the money will not be used to strengthen the team.

I agree that the team needs to strengthen but not just in the defence, but across the entire team.

Derby have 14 players, 3 injuries to the team and we could struggle to field a team, not just that but we will not win  any matches if we lose our best players.

Imagine a prospective new owner looking at buying the club, they look at the team, what a lot of rubbish players and so now not only are they being asked to pay 50 million for the club but another 25 to 30 million for new players.

In my opinion You could build a winning team as it is now by just investing say 10 to 15 million.

And in any case, derbys under a transfer embargo.

Selling Clarke to bring in Knight weakens the squad.

Losing buchanan or sibley makes Derby too weak.

Its time for mel to sell Derby for 20 million.

Apologies, I realise my mistake here i meant selling Knight to bring in clarke.

Since Derby are under a transfer embargo it would be a swap deal not a sale.

I dont rate Clarke as much as I rate Knight. I guess  its probably Clarke plus cash for Knight but how does it strengthen Derby.

Derbys already down to 14 players and managed by a manager who last season was on a huge losing streak, nothing to convince me that he is going to over night become the super manager the club needs if it receives upto a 12 point deduction from the efl.

Imaging a lampard style manager was in charge, he would have the players in throughout the summer doing extra training, he would be turning the club around.

For me Rooney might make a good TV commentator, but I have yet to see talent as a manager.

Its my understanding that Rooney doesn't have his fa coaching badge.

He was trained by some great managers as a player but seems to not be in their mould as a manager.

21 hours ago, Oldben said:

Apologies, I realise my mistake here i meant selling Knight to bring in clarke.

Since Derby are under a transfer embargo it would be a swap deal not a sale.

I dont rate Clarke as much as I rate Knight. I guess  its probably Clarke plus cash for Knight but how does it strengthen Derby.

Derbys already down to 14 players and managed by a manager who last season was on a huge losing streak, nothing to convince me that he is going to over night become the super manager the club needs if it receives upto a 12 point deduction from the efl.

Imaging a lampard style manager was in charge, he would have the players in throughout the summer doing extra training, he would be turning the club around.

For me Rooney might make a good TV commentator, but I have yet to see talent as a manager.

Its my understanding that Rooney doesn't have his fa coaching badge.

He was trained by some great managers as a player but seems to not be in their mould as a manager.

Derby can sell players for a fee just cant buy players for a fee right now.

1 hour ago, Oldben said:

I dont see how Derby can sell players with a squad of only 14 players.

Couple of injuries, derbys in trouble.

I think that the transfer embargo doesn't mean free agents or loan players.

Derby can sign free agents or loans at the moment.

10 minutes ago, 86 Hair Islands said:

We can sign players on a one in one out basis with EFL approval buddy, as long as their wages are £12.5k a week or less.

I dont think the 1 in 1 out applies if our squad is under 24 first team members which it is

1 hour ago, 86 Hair Islands said:

Really? FFS. Who makes up these rules. Ah, that'd be the fookin EFL wouldn't it.

So we can sign anyone on a free/loan as long as wages are within the limit and we dont have to have players leave. Otherwise we wouldnt be able to have any more than 14 players if it was 1 in 1 out

Press reporting Arsenal buying ben white could effect Clarke move to Derby.

Brighton lose a defender, Clarke steps up to take over as cover for the loss of Ben White.

Without the swap Derby unlikely to sell Knight to brighton, doing so further weakens the squad.

Derby couldn't use the money from the sale of Knight to buy new players due to the transfer embargo.

Derby likely to struggle to bring in free agents with the potential threat of relegation.

2 hours ago, Oldben said:

Brighton lose a defender, Clarke steps up to take over as cover for the loss of Ben White.

Without the swap Derby unlikely to sell Knight to brighton, doing so further weakens the squad.

Derby couldn't use the money from the sale of Knight to buy new players due to the transfer embargo.

Derby likely to struggle to bring in free agents with the potential threat of relegation.

Wow all this positive news in the last 24hrs , cant wait for the season to start        

10 hours ago, Oldben said:

I'd be surprised if Brighton are receiving around £50mil for Ben White, and using a player who has spent the last two seasons at a below average Championship side as his replacement.

2 hours ago, Kernow said:

I'd be surprised if Brighton are receiving around £50mil for Ben White, and using a player who has spent the last two seasons at a below average Championship side as his replacement.

The backup from 20/21 steps up to first choice, with Clarke stepping in as backup.

Dunk, Webster, Burn, Veltman, Clarke