Jason Knight

desirelines

23 hours ago, Spanish said:

Brighton a prem side when he signed so odds on the salary was prem club standard.  Really can't imagine we  will match that unless you know something more about this

Signed from a L1 side as a development player. Can't imagine him being on anything above £20k, £15k being more feasible.

6 hours ago, MuespachRam said:

Break me a give. He isn’t worth anywhere near 15m. 

We got £10.5m for Jeff Hendrick - Personally I think Knight is already a more well-rounded player than him and has more potential once he gains some more experience

We got that fee for Hendrick off the back of a couple of good games for Ireland at Euro 2016 - So a few good games for Ireland and Knight could be worth £10m+ if a couple of suitors came in

8 hours ago, cheron85 said:

We got £10.5m for Jeff Hendrick - Personally I think Knight is already a more well-rounded player than him and has more potential once he gains some more experience

We got that fee for Hendrick off the back of a couple of good games for Ireland at Euro 2016 - So a few good games for Ireland and Knight could be worth £10m+ if a couple of suitors came in

I don’t disagree on knight but Hendrick got his move because he was young, experienced and very decent which is why out of all our players who moved on to the premiership he has done the best of all of them.

9 hours ago, cheron85 said:

Different financial climate now...

No way I'd be letting Jason go for £5 mill. We've not been relegated so the vultures can either stump up some decent cash or he stays with us. Frankly, given the fact he came through the academy so cost us fook all and won't be on a fat contract either, I'd be telling Brighton and anyone else to jog on unless they make a silly offer. Some of our young lads have just come through an absolute baptism of fire and I'd expect them to be far stronger players for it with that experience under their belts, assuming Wazza decides to play them to their strengths this time around.

27 minutes ago, 86 Hair Islands said:

No way I'd be letting Jason go for £5 mill. We've not been relegated so the vultures can either stump up some decent cash or he stays with us. Frankly, given the fact he came through the academy so cost us fook all and won't be on a fat contract either, I'd be telling Brighton and anyone else to jog on unless they make a silly offer. Some of our young lads have just come through an absolute baptism of fire and I'd expect them to be far stronger players for it with that experience under their belts, assuming Wazza decides to play them to their strengths this time around.

Yes, but everyone knows we are desperate for cash. It won't be as bad if fans are allowed back in, but I can't see us turning down any offers of £5mill or above (If we don't have new owners). We need money for new players and we need money to pay wages if Mel isn't going to do it and selling some of the crown jewels is the only way we're going to do it as things currently stand.

7 minutes ago, GenBr said:

Yes, but everyone knows we are desperate for cash. It won't be as bad if fans are allowed back in, but I can't see us turning down any offers of £5mill or above (If we don't have new owners). We need money for new players and we need money to pay wages if Mel isn't going to do it and selling some of the crown jewels is the only way we're going to do it as things currently stand.

Southampton used their academy gems to transform their squad, Bale, Walcott and Oxlade Chamberlain all sold. It might be that on a smaller scale we do something similar...

1 hour ago, GenBr said:

Mel is paying the wages from what I’ve read so that takes that out of the equation. I still think we will have to undervalue our assets but we still have bargaining chips if we manage to drum up a bidding war. However I’m not sure the current ownerships is able to do that. 

2 hours ago, Jimbo Ram said:

Southampton used their academy gems to transform their squad, Bale, Walcott and Oxlade Chamberlain all sold. It might be that on a smaller scale we do something similar...

If we got good money for them I'd agree, but our playing selling department is about as good as our buying department, so I wouldn't hold my breath.

1 hour ago, LeedsRam1999 said:

Mel is paying the wages from what I’ve read so that takes that out of the equation. I still think we will have to undervalue our assets but we still have bargaining chips if we manage to drum up a bidding war. However I’m not sure the current ownerships is able to do that. 

Mel has been paying the wages, but that doesn't mean he will continue to do so. Just because he says he will continue to pay them doesn't mean he will. The club leadership have been very vocal regarding the amount of money we have lost thanks to Covid and it doesn't put us in a strong negotiating position at all. We got a pittance for our players even in normal times, so I can't see it being any different now. The impression I got last January was that we were selling anybody that wasn't nailed down in order to reduce the wage bill and to provide funds to pay everybody else at least for the short term - as far as I am concerned this isn't going to change until new ownership is on board.