Derby County Administration (with the slight possibility of Liquidation still there)

therams69

Literally, the administrators need to get agreements with all the people they owe money to ASAP before any owner would even dare come in.

We need the administrators to do this before Christmas and have a new liquid owner come in so we don't need a firesale in January.

We need the EFL points thing sorted.

Heck of a lot of work to get sorted in a short space of time.

Did anyone ask again last night - did Gellaw 202 actually transfer the money for the stadium or not?

2 hours ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

Politics

I think it is,i hope this post doesn't get deleted for political reasons as it isn't meant to be political. BoJo has already stated that NIC are going to rise to raise money for the treasury.How would that sit with voters of all political parties with him saying that then the HMRC accepting only paying 25P in the £ of outstanding taxes

And yet despite everything, the EFL seem to be only too willing to increase the likelihood of liquidation by piling on the highest points deduction they can get, without seemingly taking any account of all the "reasonable doubt" that they are even right about their opinion that FRS has even been breeched at all. On top of that the Club has been punished by delay, by Covid, by embargo, by the draconian measures around squad size and wage caps.........all of this is being ignored in the pursuit of making an example of one Club, at the behest(in part) of the Chairman of another Club.

In addition, although as we all know, other Clubs have been able to "cut a deal" with HMRC, but under new rules, DCFC will be denied this option, BUT STILL, the EFL will not budge......even though Parry himself has already recognised, that amortisation should not be taken into account in P and S calculations, BUT still they plough on.....

Is it any wonder, that as a Club, we feel just slightly persecuted?

52 minutes ago, atherstoneram said:

Normally i would take what the DM say with a pinch of salt but this time i think there is some truth in what has been reported by giving quotes from people who have had dealings in such matters previously.

They have given quotes without any sources being given for those quotes ... so not reliable at all. 

But I do agree that a lot depends on HMRC. The football debts are not that significant especially as Cocu is not demanding full settlement.

Taxpayers are going to need to take a hit if Derby are going to survive. Got to admit - it’s a great headline! Especially right now given government is talking about putting taxes up. 

It’s a relatively informed piece in the Mail but it’s only repeating a lot of what other people have commented in the past 2 weeks. There is also lots of speculation about Derby’s market value. I don’t think they’ve found another juicy nugget that might kill us than what’s already in the public domain.

They’ve also inflated the HMRC bill slightly, said Cocu will need to be paid in full (doesn’t look like they are intending to pay him in full from other reports), lots of opinion about our market value when Sunderland had some pretty huge debts. Also pushing the no ground angle whereas everything the administrators have said and Mel has said so far suggests the ground will be part of the deal. Also additional points deductions adding uncertainty when the administrators are quite clear the interested parties know the situation.

I don’t think this piece from the Mail adds any further insight into Derby’s situation than we already know and it achieves its purpose. A great headline. 

By the next fans review with the administrators we will have much more of an idea about the situation.

1 hour ago, atherstoneram said:

Normally i would take what the DM say with a pinch of salt but this time i think there is some truth in what has been reported by giving quotes from people who have had dealings in such matters previously.

Well of course.

It's a big poker game: 'It comes down to, 'are HMRC going to cut a deal'? the consultant told Sportsmail. 'Do HMRC decide to make an example of Derby? Or do they get a percentage of something rather than 100 per cent of nothing.'

3 hours ago, atherstoneram said:

I agree with you (never thought i would say that ?),there is no arguing about the clubs loyal fan base but you have to ask yourself why,if they are concerned about clubs going into liquidation did they change the rules for HMRC to become preferred creditors.

Probably because why should football clubs, players, agents etc get all the money they claim they are owed 

6 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Well of course.

It's a big poker game: 'It comes down to, 'are HMRC going to cut a deal'? the consultant told Sportsmail. 'Do HMRC decide to make an example of Derby? Or do they get a percentage of something rather than 100 per cent of nothing.'

If,as some have suggested we offer 25% of the debt, roughly £6.5M if the figure of £26M is correct then i can't see the HMRC accepting that,the voters would be up in arms with the recent announcement of taxes being increased which wouldn't sit well with politicians,the HMRC now have the upper hand since the changes.

But that's the PL you are talking about,the government wouldn't give any financial support to EFL clubs during Covid and said the PL could easily afford to do that.

We asked for the premiership money to pay £8 million outstanding VAT, National insurance etc and the EFL denied us the money to actually pay the HMRC 

I think it is,i hope this post doesn't get deleted for political reasons as it isn't meant to be political. BoJo has already stated that NIC are going to rise to raise money for the treasury.How would that sit with voters of all political parties with him saying that then the HMRC accepting only paying 25P in the £ of outstanding taxes

If it was consistent with every other business in the country then there wouldn’t be an issue.

2 minutes ago, Sparkle said:

We asked for the premiership money to pay £8 million outstanding VAT, National insurance etc and the EFL denied us the money to actually pay the HMRC 

Not getting drawn into that again. The government wouldn't give loans to EFL clubs and said the loan should be from the PL. The PL wouldn't provide loans so the EFL had to go to a Third party to secure the loans.

14 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Interesting bullet points.

"EFL report:

It has been confirmed to the EFL that the club "can complete the season" after a report was completed into the matter."

We can complete the season until we can’t complete the season it’s that simple - the EFL have knackered the league up any way so it wouldn’t make much difference 

2 minutes ago, atherstoneram said:

Not getting drawn into that again. The government wouldn't give loans to EFL clubs and said the loan should be from the PL. The PL wouldn't provide loans so the EFL had to go to a Third party to secure the loans.

That’s not the case at all the money was made available by the premiership and it was the EFL who denied Derby from getting it