Derby County Administration (with the slight possibility of Liquidation still there)

therams69

7 minutes ago, IslandExile said:

I set the poll up but, that aside....

You are asking us to be proactive.... How? What about? We don't know anything. You claim that you do but won't tell us. So what do you expect us to do?

Write to Mel? Write to our MP?

Dear Sirs, I must protest in the strongest possible terms about something I don't know anything about.

I know you did.

Well I don't see how setting up a silly poll would be proactive, its more of a piss take towards what I posted if I am being honest.

If you wrote to Mel, do you really think you would get a response? 

20 minutes ago, therams69 said:

Perhaps @Davidas your DCFC Fans representative at meetings can offer his opinion into things goings on.  Would be good to hear your opinion as you have been present at many of the meetings I have.

The last thing we need is a pragmatic, common sense opinion!

Mel wants to sell the club. I trust he'll sell it to someone who will good for the club. He's already said he'll fund the club until this point.

If our good form in Winter had continued, and we'd finished 10th, everyone would a lot less worried about the ownership now. It was like no one was bothered that the Amigos were crooks until we started doing badly.

If we had conceded a bizarre own goal in the final minute on Saturday, people would be down there now protesting.

6 minutes ago, IslandExile said:

And why put this on David?

If you know something, why don't you tell us instead of trying to get somebody else to put their head above the parapet?

Did you read what I asked David? If so you dont need to ask me that.

I am not for one minute suggesting that David knows something that I do that I am not happy to put my name to. I was asking for his opinion on how he perhaps feels that the meetings have stopped? Or how do you feel as a member that you haven't been told anything by David going to said meetings because the club wont meet? Or why no minutes have been produced by the club on the last 2 meetings? David can only answer them as he is your go to... That is the reason he has a seat at the table. Just be great to hear from him.

I think the points being made is we all need to come together as a fan base and views are mixed and split.We must all agree the clubs situation is dire and we all must be prepared if the situation becomes really bad.I for one remember the dark days of Maxwell then the 3 amigos.As a fan base we can call for answers and communication from the club,so we can be in support whether it’s looking at investment,communication,legal,etc.You would be surprised the wealth of knowledge we have as a fan base and power we can use when we come together.Personally I would love to see us in fan ownership through a share scheme if it’s not too late.It’s the lack of communication and leaks coming out that’s the worry and like others have hinted there’s no smoke without fire.We need to all stand together as one Derby County voice whether to our current owner or potential suitors that were hear to be heard and in support if called upon but at the minute the ship is going down and the fans are below deck whilst 1st class are still finishing the champagne that’s left over

2 minutes ago, ariotofmyown said:

The last thing we need is a pragmatic, common sense opinion!

Mel wants to sell the club. I trust he'll sell it to someone who will good for the club. He's already said he'll fund the club until this point.

If our good form in Winter had continued, and we'd finished 10th, everyone would a lot less worried about the ownership now. It was like no one was bothered that the Amigos were crooks until we started doing badly.

If we had conceded a bizarre own goal in the final minute on Saturday, people would be down there now protesting.

Let's split this up. Hard to consider the football side of it on this particular thread and although interlinked important for now we keep them separate when discussing the future of the football club.

Mel wants to sell the club / needs investment. Has done for the past 2-3 years with no buyer found. Strange that in itself when you consider the potential. Guess the likes of Burnley are more appealing, cannot think why mind but they are the facts.

You trust he will sell to someone who is good for the club. Hmm. Due diligence went well with the Arabs didn't it. You suggesting that was the best buyer for Derby County?!?! We then have Alonso and some Indonesian takeover. Again, I dont know much about these in fairness but its not exactly positive is it. Why did he not accept the American bid? It would be fair to say that he will only accept what is best for him, not the club, that is my opinion otherwise he would entertained the Americans / Gadsby etc. Lets see how desperate he becomes...

He said 3 months ago that he would do that. 3 months ago when it looked likely a takeover was imminent. This is my whole point. With that failed takeover now in the past and an absolute embarrassment surrounding it, why has he not come out and said it more recent? Why did he not make a personal comment in the club statement yesterday? Why do we have no CEO? Why are the running from the local media? 

I said it originally. The result on Saturday was just that. More important things to be concerned about and I see the press are already picking that up today which is of no surprise. As I say, assurance could be given, but certain people are refusing to do so, why?

30 minutes ago, therams69 said:

I know you did.

Well I don't see how setting up a silly poll would be proactive, its more of a piss take towards what I posted if I am being honest.

If you wrote to Mel, do you really think you would get a response? 

All you have really done is accuse us supporters of having our head "buried in the sand".

Look at the posts from all the other topics. People do not have their heads in the sand - just the opposite in fact. Everyone on here is as worried as anything about what is happening to our great club - both on the pitch and behind the scenes.

Every day, people post whatever morsel of information they obtain. Every day, those snippets are pieced over with people speculating on what it might mean. Every day - and I am sure I am not alone in this - I check this and other websites in case new information has come to light.

So, please do not accuse me - or others - of having our heads in the sand.

I imagine that if I, or anyone, wrote to Mel about the current situation, we would get a standard response referring us to the statement put out by the club on Sunday morning.

So, what do you expect us to do - to be "proactive"??????

If you do know something that would cause us to rise up and protest, then why not tell us?

Otherwise, it smacks that you are yet another of those who claim to be ITK but say nothing.....and, yes, as such, you should expect a negative response. We're still waiting to hear from the guy who told us John Terry would be appointed within 48 hours of Cocu leaving.

Edited by IslandExile
John Terry

1 hour ago, therams69 said:

Perhaps @Davidas your DCFC Fans representative at meetings can offer his opinion into things goings on.  Would be good to hear your opinion as you have been present at many of the meetings I have.

I was present for the first 2 I think supporters charter meetings as the idea was being setup, but through ill health and distance I never attended future meetings. 

The minutes of the meetings will confirm this. 

I surveyed the forum for questions to put forward and posted the meeting minutes once they were provided.

As for my opinion, it’s been a difficult season both on and off the pitch, we have an owner in ill health, takeovers, EFL appeal and a global pandemic to deal with.

Whilst I would love to know what is going on with regular updates, I would imagine hands are tied in what they can publicly discuss, and let’s be honest, when they do come out and talk it’s dismissed as PR spin.

I feel they have always been in a damned if they do, damned if they don’t situation.

To address this here as I know it’s been asked in various online platforms, I haven’t spoken with anyone from the club aside from the marketing team with regards to the adverts displayed on this forum.

I do understand your concerns, but aside from the deleted Collymore tweet, I haven’t seen any credible source to suggest the existence of this club is in threat, so was a little puzzled by the talk of protests if I’m totally honest.  

I have been away for the last week and enjoyed some time offline and away from social media, so apologies if I’ve missed anything more. Taking time to catch up now, but there’s a lot of posts!

At this stage I’m willing to remain patient, not freak out at every Daily Mail headline such as this mornings given their success rate on us recently (21 point deductions).

The next couple of months are huge for this club, don’t get me wrong, and I’m not sticking my head in the sand, I just feel that the club face a number of issues that need resolving and will take longer than 48hrs after the final ball was kicked.

Finally, the last 12 months have shown that football is nothing without fans, I’m hoping the communication level with fans is restored to what they were as soon as possible, with the stadiums look set to reopen, fans need to know the clubs plans going forward before parting with any money.

You look at some of this clubs that were to join the ESL, having never heard or very little communication with their owners, we have almost been spoilt in years gone by in comparison, but that’s how it should be, I hope the club are aware of how important the fans are to this club and as I say, look to reopen those lines of communication as soon as possible.

2 minutes ago, IslandExile said:

All you have really done is accuse us supporters of having our head "buried in the sand".

Look at the posts from all the other topics. People do not have their heads in the sand - just the opposite in fact. Everyone on here is as worried as anything about what is happening to our great club - both on the pitch and behind the scenes.

Every day, people post whatever morsel of information they obtain. Every day, those snippets are pieced over with people speculating on what it might mean. Every day - and I am sure I am not alone in this - I check this and other websites in case new information has come to light.

So, please do not accuse me - or others - of having our heads in the sand.

I imagine that if I, or anyone, wrote to Mel about the current situation, we would get a standard response referring us to the statement put out by the club on Sunday morning.

So, what do you expect us to do - to be "proactive"??????

If you do know something that would cause us to rise up and protest, then why not tell us?

Otherwise, it smacks that you are yet another of those who claim to be ITK but say nothing.....and, yes, as such, you should expect a negative response. We're still waiting to hear from the guy who told us Steve Bruce would be appointed within 48 hours of Cocu leaving.

Listen, the last thing I want to do is accuse other Derby fans of burying their hands in the sand but the general feedback I am getting is that this is the case. And might I add, only on this forum!!!

You wouldn't need to write that post if our CEO or Owner came out and spoke to us would you? Let's just leave it at that. That is all I am trying to get done so when I say be proactive, call Radio Derby tonight, call Nico at the DET and see what they have to say...

We have covered all this ITK. Many people know who I am on here. Many have said that i would not put my head on the line if I didn't strongly believe in something, can you not trust that or is it a case that I am just going to go down as another fan as ITK? Generally the people that post like that don't have a first name and are pretty anon. I think in all the years, despite being told stuff, I have never posted to my knowledge anything ITK, just not how I do things, I respect privacy and trust as opposed to having the need to post stuff to get compliments left right and centre.

28 minutes ago, therams69 said:

Did you read what I asked David? If so you dont need to ask me that.

I am not for one minute suggesting that David knows something that I do that I am not happy to put my name to. I was asking for his opinion on how he perhaps feels that the meetings have stopped? Or how do you feel as a member that you haven't been told anything by David going to said meetings because the club wont meet? Or why no minutes have been produced by the club on the last 2 meetings? David can only answer them as he is your go to... That is the reason he has a seat at the table. Just be great to hear from him.

Just to answer this as it came through whilst I was writing my reply.

The last meeting scheduled I believe was cancelled due to Covid restrictions, I would need to go through my emails to find when that was exactly.

Since then the supporters liaison officer has left her role and no further meetings have been scheduled.

Could they have been done remotely? Yes, why wasn’t they? I honestly don’t know. If I was to guess then I would say perhaps hands have been tied in what can be said. 

I imagine most questions asked would have been met with no comment.

I don’t know if anyone else in attendance knows anything more. I haven’t spoke with any of the other groups.

5 minutes ago, therams69 said:

Listen, the last thing I want to do is accuse other Derby fans of burying their hands in the sand but the general feedback I am getting is that this is the case. And might I add, only on this forum!!!

You wouldn't need to write that post if our CEO or Owner came out and spoke to us would you? Let's just leave it at that. That is all I am trying to get done so when I say be proactive, call Radio Derby tonight, call Nico at the DET and see what they have to say...

We have covered all this ITK. Many people know who I am on here. Many have said that i would not put my head on the line if I didn't strongly believe in something, can you not trust that or is it a case that I am just going to go down as another fan as ITK? Generally the people that post like that don't have a first name and are pretty anon. I think in all the years, despite being told stuff, I have never posted to my knowledge anything ITK, just not how I do things, I respect privacy and trust as opposed to having the need to post stuff to get compliments left right and centre.

So what are you saying. Mel is selling to whoever because he doesn't want to near enough give the club away for free to a local businessman or one backed by investors.

I'm guessing the Keogh case is dragging on, and we have a hefty fine hanging over us for FFP breaches. 

It doesn't look great and it doesn't look like Mel will sell for a pound if it meant selling to the right person(s). 

I don't trust this football club. We have let a fake Sheikh have a say on signings and our current manager. What the hell are we doing? 

11 minutes ago, therams69 said:

What a load of rubbish

2 minutes ago, Norman said:

So what are you saying. Mel is selling to whoever because he doesn't want to near enough give the club away for free to a local businessman or one backed by investors.

I'm guessing the Keogh case is dragging on, and we have a hefty fine hanging over us for FFP breaches. 

It doesn't look great and it doesn't look like Mel will sell for a pound if it meant selling to the right person(s). 

I don't trust this football club. We have let a fake Sheikh have a say on signings and our current manager. What the hell are we doing? 

8 minutes ago, David said:

Just to answer this as it came through whilst I was writing my reply.

The last meeting scheduled I believe was cancelled due to Covid restrictions, I would need to go through my emails to find when that was exactly.

Since then the supporters liaison officer has left her role and no further meetings have been scheduled.

Could they have been done remotely? Yes, why wasn’t they? I honestly don’t know. If I was to guess then I would say perhaps hands have been tied in what can be said. 

I imagine most questions asked would have been met with no comment.

I don’t know if anyone else in attendance knows anything more. I haven’t spoke with any of the other groups.

That's right David.

Do you not think it makes a mockery of the whole thing? What is the point in it.

When questions are answered with no comment, what does that tell you? He was quite happy to try and get us to sign a confidentiality agreement form........

For the record - the last 2 minutes of the last 2 meetings were never signed off and we both know who had to sign these off.

5 minutes ago, Spanish said:

What a load of rubbish

My opinion Spanish. I have spoken to people who ironically mentioned this forum to me yesterday at the Racecourse, they said you wont get anywhere on here if you try and bash Mel. And you would be right I am bashing him and Pearce because they are the only people within Derby County Football Club that can give answers and reassure fans. Not that anyone feels they have the right to that mind, which is just weird but there you go... Perhaps thats how the modern day fan is nowadays, I dont know...

Anyone I have spoken to in person and on other platforms fully agrees that we should be getting answers from the top. Yet on here all anyone is bothered about is why I can't post certain info or they feel that Mel or our CEO dont have to answer to us. Don't get all defensive but that is how I see it as I read the replies.

1 minute ago, therams69 said:

That's right David.

Do you not think it makes a mockery of the whole thing? What is the point in it.

When questions are answered with no comment, what does that tell you? He was quite happy to try and get us to sign a confidentiality agreement form........

For the record - the last 2 minutes of the last 2 meetings were never signed off and we both know who had to sign these off.

Wouldn’t say it was a mockery, various issues were raised with disability/stadium access, but clearly some things cannot be discussed for legal reasons, takeovers will have had NDA’s, appeals in the hands of legal teams, can’t expect the club to be completely transparent on demand surely?

If I recall correctly an agreement was suggested, but never went any further than that, what was agreed was all information from the meetings could not be shared until the minutes were released. 

I unwittingly upset another group by immediately posting on this forum following the first meeting. 

As for minutes missing from the last 2, I wouldn’t know anything about these as I say, I never attended and I post on the forum what is sent by the Liaison officer and published on the OS. 

5 minutes ago, therams69 said:

My opinion Spanish. I have spoken to people who ironically mentioned this forum to me yesterday at the Racecourse, they said you wont get anywhere on here if you try and bash Mel. And you would be right I am bashing him and Pearce because they are the only people within Derby County Football Club that can give answers and reassure fans. Not that anyone feels they have the right to that mind, which is just weird but there you go... Perhaps thats how the modern day fan is nowadays, I dont know...

Anyone I have spoken to in person and on other platforms fully agrees that we should be getting answers from the top. Yet on here all anyone is bothered about is why I can't post certain info or they feel that Mel or our CEO dont have to answer to us. Don't get all defensive but that is how I see it as I read the replies.

Here we go.

Not sure what your issue with this forum is Nick, but if you look around you will see a lot of criticism aimed at Mel, the last year has seen more than ever. We absolutely do not censor or control any opinions.

Moderators feel free to throw me under the bus here and reveal the North Korea dictatorship we have going on. All your NDA’s are null and void.

We do have a rule which ALL members will have agreed to which is:

- Personal insults/profanity towards other members, players, staff, media or anyone connected to Derby County Football Club.

We have the same towards other members as well as we believe you can voice an opinion without the use of insults and profanity, now if some fans are ticked off because they can come on here and call Mel all the names under the sun, great, these are not the fans we want on this forum, they can use Twitter for that.

Have any of your posts criticising Mel been removed? No. 

8 minutes ago, therams69 said:

I feel quote confident in criticizing Mel and the regime, I do not feel in the minority at all.   Defensive isn't especially how I would describe myself quite the opposite really

The fact that most of us on here seem more worldly wise than others elsewhere means that we probably have a greater understanding as to how businesses work.  You have been called out by @IslandExileto articulate exactly how we should go about getting answers and what are the questions that should be asked.  I suggest you start with that and then you may attract a more appreciative audience

15 minutes ago, therams69 said:

People have a lot of criticism for Mel on here, to be fair. I think those that have responded to you so far have been defensive and maybe rightly so as you seem unable to tell us what you know - probably best for yourself and this forum in a legal sense I suspect. 

Alot on here, however, don't think we need answers from Mel etc. If I had more information about the inside of the club at the moment, then I might be making more of an effort to demand answers. But I don't. It seems like you do but are unable to tell us, so what is anybody supposed to do? 

3 minutes ago, Spanish said:

I feel quote confident in criticizing Mel and the regime, I do not feel in the minority at all.   Defensive isn't especially how I would describe myself quite the opposite really

The fact that most of us on here seem more worldly wise than others elsewhere means that we probably have a greater understanding as to how businesses work.  You have been called out by @IslandExileto articulate exactly how we should go about getting answers and what are the questions that should be asked.  I suggest you start with that and then you may attract a more appreciative audience

No one has called me out. LOL.

Already told IslandExile what to do and my first original post was clear what needs to be the outcome. Refreshing that you are asking about how we go about it though... I don't hold all the answers, what do you suggest?  Issue we have is that we are asking for info which is alien to any other board out protest I have ever known. We know he wants to sell etc

@therams69Just something that has come to me, as I understand you believe fans from outside this forum are demanding answers from the top and this forum is in some way censored or has it’s head buried in the sand.

A protest was widely discussed before I went away, a tweet which I saw many disagreed with, not just on this forum but in the replies. This was later cancelled due to concerns over access to the Arena parking where vaccinations were taking place.

Fair enough, but can you tell me why 200 or so fans were able to attend the ground to show support to the players both before and after the Sheffield Wednesday game without using the opportunity to demand answers from the club or blocking access?

I’m led to believe this idea was initially started on Twitter and shared on this forum, so it wasn’t members from this forum out to give a false narrative.

Were these fans the minority and thousands more which would have blocked access to the arena stayed away to protest another day?

This is a genuine question as I do feel that this forum displays a diverse set of opinions, and yes get a little defensive when it’s suggested otherwise.