Wayne Rooney

EdinRam

Freedom of Derby  

64 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

9 hours ago, kevinhectoring said:

Sad to say that Rooney’s guilty dream must be that Everton are relegated and that he is offered the job. Fair chance that might happen
I don’t see him as a manager in div 1 and I’d think he’d see that as a very bad outcome 

Could be jumping out of the frying pan into the fire regarding Everton, hasn't their main backer been sanctioned and the owner trying to distance himself and the club from him leaving them short of cash.Still think he will go just not to Everton.

20 hours ago, Rammy03 said:

Why not? As long as the owner puts complete trust in him, it's a great opportunity for Rooney to rebuild a great club from the ground up. If he does it successfully he could go down as a Derby county legend.

Possible, but unlikely. Someone like Rooney doesn't need to scrat around in the lower leagues. Just my opinion, of course. 

Just been looking at the thread about WR saying he wants to meet up with any new owners and wants a guarantee on future funding, well if i were him i would just finish now because he must be taking some of the stress home and no one needs that.

I really don"t think that it would blot his managerial career because of the dedication he has shown the club under circumstances that many other managers would have jumped ship because of  by now.

1 hour ago, glyn1957 said:

Just been looking at the thread about WR saying he wants to meet up with any new owners and wants a guarantee on future funding, well if i were him i would just finish now because he must be taking some of the stress home and no one needs that.

I really don"t think that it would blot his managerial career because of the dedication he has shown the club under circumstances that many other managers would have jumped ship because of  by now.

Why would he want another season with one hand tied behind his back if we exit administration with a 15 point penalty. If  the "new owners" see that as the best option which doesn't meet the minimum requirement of payment to creditors the EFL will possibly include a  cap on players salaries as part of the business plan which new owners have to agree to.

I think Wayne has behaved admirably and been treated appallingly. As far as I'm concerned, although I would like him to stay, he can leave with his head held high. I believe that if we could have kept the squad we had at the start of the season we would have survived but with a depleted squad it really is an enormous challenge now.

13 hours ago, Sinistra ram rousse said:

I think Wayne has behaved admirably and been treated appallingly. As far as I'm concerned, although I would like him to stay, he can leave with his head held high. I believe that if we could have kept the squad we had at the start of the season we would have survived but with a depleted squad it really is an enormous challenge now.

I have been convinced for months now that he will leave in the summer regardless of what happens with survival and the takeover. Whatever the outcome he has stuck by us through the worst period for the club in a generation, if he decided he's had enough in the summer I wouldn't blame him at all. Plenty of other managers would have walked months ago.

9 minutes ago, Yani P said:

100% he will leave in the summer if things are not sorted and why wouldn't he. 

Yeah I think you’re right. IF the takeover is sorted sooner rather than later and he has the support to rebuild the side and maybe even the chance to bring us back up at the first attempt I think he’d stay. If that doesn’t look likely and the mess continues or worsens I think he’ll walk away, the vast majority of us grateful for what he’s done the last year and a half in the face of crazy circumstances. 

I is my believe he will leave at the end of the season. Tbh who could blame him. He can’t have faith in Q, dislikes MM, keeps pushing for it to be resolved. 

After the Sheff Wed game last season I would have liked nothing more for him to leave. After how he has handled himself this season and how he has galvanised the club it will be a sad sad day when he leaves. It could have been so different had Q not been so full of themselves believing they held all the cards when it appears that they weren’t even sat at the table. 

Just listened to the press conference………. 

Assuming we still have a club next season I will be a season ticket holder come what may (League 1, -15 points etc.) if Wayne Rooney is manager of our great club as this will give me some comfort about the clubs future direction.  If he leaves for any reason then I will have to seriously consider the + £1000 outlay on ticket and travel in times of unprecedented increases in the cost of living.

Message to Administrators / potential bidders………… I’m sure I’m not alone in this view.