Wayne Rooney

EdinRam

Freedom of Derby  

64 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

If Everton want Rooney and Wayne really wants the job we have to let him take it …we owe him that for sticking this nightmare out …but….if we got a few million compensation and a deal that Rooney only goes in the summer that is surely acceptable if he really wants the job ….then hopefully keep this group together until end of season and have a real crack at staying up …would leave a massive legacy here and if he pulled it off we should let him go with our blessing and good wishes ??

5 hours ago, S8TY said:

If Everton want Rooney and Wayne really wants the job we have to let him take it …we owe him that for sticking this nightmare out …but….if we got a few million compensation and a deal that Rooney only goes in the summer that is surely acceptable if he really wants the job ….then hopefully keep this group together until end of season and have a real crack at staying up …would leave a massive legacy here and if he pulled it off we should let him go with our blessing and good wishes ??

We let McClaren go "with our good wishes" to Man Utd when he was Jim Smith's no. 2.

I know he didn't have long left on his contract, but the Derby board must have been star-struck, as Utd did us bugger-all favours afterwards.

Make the barstewards pay-up, we need the dosh and they're rolling with money.

Edited by Grumpy Git

To be honest, I’m surprised the Belgian FA are really that bothered. What’s he done? Slightly better than Erickson and capello with our “golden generation”. But really considering the quality and depth they have he should have won something.

Come on Belgian FA, let him go to Everton. He’s got a point to prove there. Done bugger all for you!

I’d love Martinez to get the Everton job. Less stress on us about losing Rooney, but I can’t see it. The fans were unhappy about Rafa and they don’t want him back unless the Everton board are really trying to cheese the fans off? Big Dunc would be a popular appointment until the end of the season but we aren’t out the woods yet.  

I honestly don't think Everton will seriously consider Rooney as an option - it rarely turns out well bringing back a former star player as manager, particularly one with no previous experience at PL level. They will have noted the recent failed examples of Lampard and Solskjaer - they'd be better off going for someone like Potter.

9 minutes ago, Wolfie20 said:

I honestly don't think Everton will seriously consider Rooney as an option - it rarely turns out well bringing back a former star player as manager, particularly one with no previous experience at PL level. They will have noted the recent failed examples of Lampard and Solskjaer - they'd be better off going for someone like Potter.

Would Potter take the step down? ?

Interesting listening to Terry Christian, saying he was a do recently and for an hour before it started Rooney was in deep conversation with Sir Alex.

As for Rooney and Everton, well Lampard was a legend at Chelsea won everything for them as a player but it didn't buy he much favours when it came to managing them.

And as I say he was a club legend is Rooney a legend at Everton, Yes he's from the area played for them from being a kid but a legend? He won all his trophies playing for a team in city that a lot of Liverpudlians hate.

I'll give it about 6 months before you start hearing the shouts or see the banners of “you're Manchester and you know you are”