Wayne Rooney

EdinRam

Freedom of Derby  

64 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

6 hours ago, SouthStandDan said:

On a serious note, I wonder what the reaction would have been like if that was two young men taking inappropriate pictures in front of a woman who was asleep. The social media reaction would be quite different. Them girls knew who he was and sold the story to the paper. They might have been a couple of girls his mates were flirting with at the club and he wanted to just have a drink, relax and go home the following morning.

The double standards is awful. We need to start treating this sort of behaviour equally.

There must be several million YouTube videos of men behaving inappropriately with young women who are drunk!

What is the difference in standards?

Do you mean that people would be more (or less) critical of a woman who was unconscious with two male models?

Or do you mean people would be more (or less) critical of the male models?

I am not sure anyone should be particularly critical of the young models. That is their job. They get into interesting situations and take photographs.

Just now, RoyMac5 said:

FFS the first manager (and assistant) ever to go out clubbing on a Saturday night. You really are clutching at straws. ?

I'm not at all,I'm being realistic.

My only issue with Wayne previously was my view that the football he was producing was poor and wasn't improving.

His shenanigans on Sunday morning are disappointing in that whilst not totally unexpected from him with his previous behaviour,I expected more from him now that he is manager of our club and we didn't need any more bad publicity which looks like it will be ongoing.

As I said in a previous post,if he does stay he needs to knuckle down and show he had what it takes to run this club.

If he can then all is well and good but it's been a ongoing disaster up to now which is why I'm sceptical.

Does anybody remember Rooney's stance on Covid when it first kicked in? Wanted to protect his family blah blah blah,.

First weekend of lockdown restrictions ending and he's out clubbing with our assistant manager.

Tells you everything you need to know about our 'manager'. Great example for the rest of he squad, well done gaffer.

Oh, and not to forget the games he missed when he was isolatiing after being given a free watch brought to his home. 

Just now, Leeds Ram said:

Then you've got those who'll defend absolutely anything that goes on at the club; whether that is the owner leading us to to this nightmare, a manager who's unprofessional behaviour has not only caused the club major embarrassment but led him to injuring one of our few available players for up to 3 months and our club not even letting us buy tickets for our first game of the season that's only a week and a half half away. 

Pointing out that we're an absolute shambles  and some of us are absolutely ducking sick of it isn't twisting the knife, it's expressing an understandable frustration at the hierarchy of the club in relation to its off and on the field conduct and competence. Hopefully, we can find a suitable buyer quickly and they can clean house from top to bottom. 

That is exactly what I mean. Managers who were recently players join in with training all the time. You haven't seen the tackle, you have no idea what happened, but it fits the agenda.

I hope we get out of the embargo soon, that Mel sells the club, that Rooney was a better manager etc but making stuff up doesn't help  

6 minutes ago, Leeds Ram said:

Pointing out that we're an absolute shambles  and some of us are absolutely ducking sick of it isn't twisting the knife, it's expressing an understandable frustration at the hierarchy of the club in relation to its off and on the field conduct and competence. Hopefully, we can find a suitable buyer quickly and they can clean house from top to bottom. 

Point me out a football club with players that the media won't be interested in if the do something they feel is 'newsworthy'? We're particularly newsworthy because of Rooney. But there's plenty of clubs who get in the media with lesser players/staff.

This is all so ducking tedious because the football is crap too. When the season starts and we win some games (it will hopefully happen) no-one will really bother about this poo. 

Edited by RoyMac5

Just now, sage said:

That is exactly what I mean. Managers who were recently players join in with training all the time. You haven't seen the tackle, you have no idea what happened, but it fits the agenda.

I hope we get out of the embargo soon, that Mel sells the club, that Rooney was a better manager etc but making stuff up doesn't help  

It's not making stuff up though. It's been described as a 50/50 tackle by reliable sources. In what world does it seem like a good idea when you've got 14 players on the books for an unfit, fat manager to go into a 50/50 with our best midfield player? 

I hope we get out the embargo, Mel sells up asap and the new owner clears the decks inside and out. 

2 minutes ago, Leeds Ram said:

It's not making stuff up though. It's been described as a 50/50 tackle by reliable sources. In what world does it seem like a good idea when you've got 14 players on the books for an unfit, fat manager to go into a 50/50 with our best midfield player? 

I hope we get out the embargo, Mel sells up asap and the new owner clears the decks inside and out. 

Maybe the world where you don't have enough players to run a training session. Not everything is someone's fault. Sometimes poo happens. 

Just now, sage said:

Maybe the world where you don't have enough players to run a training session. Not everything is someone's fault. Sometimes poo happens. 

Don't have enough players in a training session so then you launch into a 50/50 that means you have one less. If Knight had trodden on a ball fair play but that's not what happened, he got crocked by his own manager in a 50/50... maybe if you have so few players you take extra care in training and don't go into a 50/50?

1 minute ago, Leeds Ram said:

Don't have enough players in a training session so then you launch into a 50/50 that means you have one less. If Knight had trodden on a ball fair play but that's not what happened, he got crocked by his own manager in a 50/50... maybe if you have so few players you take extra care in training and don't go into a 50/50?

There's plenty on trial making the numbers up. We aren't running around with 14 players on a full sized pitch either. 

I know of a current premier league club who after training would play a 10 minute 5aside of the oldest first team players v the youngest first team players and quite often coaching staff would join in. They would also have bets riding on the game often into the thousands of pounds.

Just now, Leeds Ram said:

You didn't see it and therefore you don't know what you are talking about. Don't let it stop you though, obviously.

Most injuries occur in innocuous circumstances, not a bad tackle.

You are simply using an incomplete set of facts to try and further an agenda .

I'm not a fan of Rooney and wouldn't have appointed him, but the constant sniping is tedious.  

Just now, sage said:

You didn't see it and therefore you don't know what you are talking about. Don't let it stop you though, obviously.

I'm not a fan of Rooney and wouldn't have appointed him, but the constant sniping is tedious.  

50/50 does give a form of description of what the situation was. But whatever, it's clear we don't agree to let's leave it there. 

This is a good excuse to share a story! 

A few years ago, at an office party, I was "dragged" onto the dance floor by two lithe and pretty female subordinates, young enough to be my children.

(I did not become them over to a VIP area!)

They then gyrated against my genitals and backside for one track of music.

Most of my male colleagues seemed to have been quite jealous, and incredulous as to why I was selected for what must felt was a treat for a fat and unattractive middle aged man. I was embarrassed, but pleased with the boost to my ego from the reaction of my male colleagues.

But, could I blame the young ladies? I do not think so.

I had chosen to drink sufficient alcohol that left me with an impaired ability to make sensible choices.

I had not organised a sober wingman to look after me.

There is probably a video of it, it photograph of it somewhere. If it came to light, I could probably justify my apparent enjoyment and willingness to participate. I could say that it was between consenting adults.

But, if it had affected my marriage, which had affected my work. If I had asked my team to go the extra mile because of a tough situation being on the horizon. If I had asked them to comply to a rigid dietary and sleep and exercise regime, including during their main period of annual leave - then my actions, albeit while having impaired judgment - would have affected my employer. If I had just overseen disappointing results announced that day. Would I still be able to have justified it?

And if wider society had been offended by the morality of my actions, and I had been considered to have brought disrepute to my employer, I could have been dismissed for gross misconduct.

There is also the moral question of what duty I have to protect the reputation of young subordinates at a work function.

2 minutes ago, sage said:

What he said about dignity and pride after the Salford game, and what he's done just 12 hours later IMO deserves being sniped at.

The guys an idiot and should be knowhere near our sinking ship. We need people bucketing water out not standing there with a hosepipe topping the water levels up. 

5 minutes ago, Leeds Ram said:

50/50 does give a form of description of what the situation was. But whatever, it's clear we don't agree to let's leave it there. 

Yes, leaving it there, is a good exit strategy when bullpoo is pointed out. 

2 minutes ago, Bald Eagle's Barmy Army said:

What he said about dignity and pride after the Salford game, and what he's done just 12 hours later IMO deserves being sniped at.

The guys an idiot and should be knowhere near our sinking ship. We need people bucketing water out not standing there with a hosepipe topping the water levels up. 

We were discussing Knight's injury.