Underappreciated Players

Kernow

I've seen on social media today that it's Bradley Johnson's birthday, and it got me thinking about his time at the Club. He started really well in his first 10 games or so, when he came in last-minute along with Jacob Butterfield to fill the gaps left by long-term injuries to Will Hughes and Craig Bryson away at Bolton in the first game of the season.

However he's a player I'd probably regard as largely "underappreciated" by the fans as a whole. He was often booed, criticised, blamed for periods of bad form etc...

Given how this season has gone (and is going), is there anyone you'd look back on over the last few seasons who is no longer and the Club and think they were actually more underappreciated than you remember at the time?

I certainly think we could do with a player like Bradley Johnson this season. There's probably many more we criticised or wrote off, who would improve us no end right now.

8 minutes ago, Kernow said:

I've seen on social media today that it's Bradley Johnson's birthday, and it got me thinking about his time at the Club. He started really well in his first 10 games or so, when he came in last-minute along with Jacob Butterfield to fill the gaps left by long-term injuries to Will Hughes and Craig Bryson away at Bolton in the first game of the season.

However he's a player I'd probably regard as largely "underappreciated" by the fans as a whole. He was often booed, criticised, blamed for periods of bad form etc...

Given how this season has gone (and is going), is there anyone you'd look back on over the last few seasons who is no longer and the Club and think they were actually more underappreciated than you remember at the time?

I certainly think we could do with a player like Bradley Johnson this season. There's probably many more we criticised or wrote off, who would improve us no end right now.

Spot on, I think he was a victim of his price tag but was always someone id have had starting. Battler, not bad at passing, good in the air and capable of scoring the odd goal...not a single one of our current fit midfielders tick these boxes