Underappreciated Players

Kernow

Not sure I get the replies to this.

Most players mentioned were fully appreciated by a lot of fans. 

Are we getting mixed up with an occasional criticism being misinterpreted as fans not appreciating these players?

Take Johnny Russell for instance. While I'm sure a few fans criticised him at times, he appeared to be universally loved most of the time by the loudness of his songs.....Heartbeat....♥️

20 minutes ago, uttoxram75 said:

Most players mentioned were fully appreciated by a lot of fans. 

Yeah, I'm guilty of that, not just the tongue-in-cheek mention of the championship side but in another post or two.

It's been a good, interesting thread but I agree we should have focused more on the unsung heroes.

14 hours ago, Black ('n' White) Sheep said:

(In the last 10 years)

Paul Coutts
John Eustace
Johnny Russell
Jamie Ward

All four were a lot better than most people gave them credit for IMO.

Curses - Was hoping I'd be the first to say Jamies Ward

Skilful, creative, hard working, dogged in his determination and had a bit of an eye for goal - He'd drop into the side right now whilst he may not have the same potential skills as Lawrence/Jozwiak/Sibley he gave a 7/8 out of ten performance every week - Always thought he cursed himself a little by working too hard - Lots of his injury problems seemed to stem from his willingness to take a kick from a defender cos he never wanted to lose the ball or give up on an attack - Like a skilful little terrier

Also, whilst his appreciation levels around here are very high I have to list - Jake Buxton

Everyone knows about his amazing workrate and attitude etc - But no one talks about the fact he was actually a decent footballer too! He may have been a bit of a throw back in some ways - But he was equally adept at using both feet, something which many/most championship players seem to struggle with - And could hit a lovely long ball with his left when given a bit of space

Yes, he had his issues (too short) but he was a lot better footballer than people give him credit for