Underappreciated Players

Kernow

29 minutes ago, MrPlinkett said:

I think theo Robinson falls in this category, obviously not a world beater but did well for us at a time we couldn't afford much better 

We need to find the next one 

2 minutes ago, Tyler Durden said:

10 goals in 84 games it says on Wiki.....that's 5 goals a season. For a striker. If that's ok then would love to know your idea of someone with a poor scoring record. 

Waghorn - Marriott- Blackman 

2 minutes ago, Tyler Durden said:

10 goals in 84 games it says on Wiki.....that's 5 goals a season. For a striker. If that's ok then would love to know your idea of someone with a poor scoring record. 

In terms of actual minutes it's not far off 1 goal every 4 games - 11 or 12 over a season.

Under Mac, he came on for the final 10 minutes of games when we shifted to 424.

4 minutes ago, Tyler Durden said:

You lower your expectations in a season like this.  Can we say the likes of waghorn who cost 5 times as much have been 5 times better. 

in his first season his record was better than waghorn this season.  

36 minutes ago, Steve How Hard? said:

Connor Sammon. Bear with me with this one. Nobody could ever argue he was a great footballer or a guaranteed starter for us. However as a sub for sheer nuisance factor and used as a battering ram, I thought he did a job in a few games when thrown on. 

Gutted!

My first thought when I saw this thread was Conor and was so pleased I’d be able to offer his name but @Steve How Hard? beat me to it.

I always liked his selfless effort and decent hold up play. I used to think if this lad could hit a barn door with a banjo he’d be some player but goals never came easy for the big fella.

When I see a show pony like Lawrence with abundant talent but with half the commitment of Sammon it winds be up. Tom could learn something from Conor.  

Edited by 24Charlie

Couple of others have mentioned him also but John Eustace was very underrated. Such a good player & often the foundation of away wins between 2012-14

Tom Ince also not appreciated as much as he should've been...fantastic goals & assists record here. Was appalled he got booed on his first return here with Stoke

Chris Baird was much better than some folk gave him credit for, so assured & fantastic delivery. Glad he won most people over in the end

Going back a bit, Daryl Powell & Ron Willems didnt often get the credit they deserved.