Realistic Manager Alternatives

DCFC Kicks

1 hour ago, Rab a dab doo said:

Realistically at present who would want to come ?

1. Club for sale,

2. In serious financial problems

3. Appear leaderless both on and off the pitch 

4.  Set to lose a good proportion of experience the playing staff out of contract,

5. A possibility of relegation,

6. Maybe a points deduction for breaking EFL rules next season

and that just what we know about.

Doesn't sound very inviting ? 

The only way it could feasibly be done is internally,either wassell or Mac,both of which are already on the payroll.

Paying off or Wayne is the problem,I don't think we have paid off Cocu yet,never mind bloody Rooney.

8 hours ago, Eaststander7 said:

Genuine question to everyone on this thread...

so let’s say bilic was appointed in the summer (no matter which league we’re in)...

then we go on a 1 win in 13 games run. Does this thread start all over again?

serious question as we can’t keep hiring and firing as thats why we’re in this f’in mess to begin with. A little thing called stability might just be needed? But football fans just don’t allow it (not just DCFC - all)? 

Exactly. Get Slaven Bilic in. Make it clear that the job is his for life and, upon his own death, will pass onto another family member until such time as Derby fans feel the need to storm the presidential palace we build him.

17 hours ago, kash_a_ram_a_ding_dong said:

The only way it could feasibly be done is internally,either wassell or Mac,both of which are already on the payroll.

Paying off or Wayne is the problem,I don't think we have paid off Cocu yet,never mind bloody Rooney.

I think a Mac/Wassall managerial partnership is quite appealing....

Surely the Mac flag has well and truly be flown now? ?

he ditched us for Newcastle

reading at home - we needed a point to qualify for the play offs. We lost 3-0 in a shambolic performance

seem to remember another performance away at Brighton where we were completely outplayed which ended his tenure...

as for wassall - I agree he did a decent job when he was in for that run of games but wow he got no end of stick from the fans...

just got to love football fans and their fickle nature ??

11 hours ago, Robert Earnshaws Workrate said:

Exactly. Get Slaven Bilic in. Make it clear that the job is his for life and, upon his own death, will pass onto another family member until such time as Derby fans feel the need to storm the presidential palace we build him.

Absolutely not but you’re saying you’d be calling for a new managers head after a run of 1 win in 13? That could be 2/3 months after joining 

3 minutes ago, Eaststander7 said:

reading at home - we needed a point to qualify for the play offs. We lost 3-0 in a shambolic performance

seem to remember another performance away at Brighton where we were completely outplayed which ended his tenure...

as for wassall - I agree he did a decent job when he was in for that run of games but wow he got no end of stick from the fans...

We sacked Mac and he went to Newcastle. I would happily go back to those days getting in the play offs or just missing out. How far we have now fallen both on and off the pitch. Agree a lot of fans are fickle though...

5 minutes ago, Eaststander7 said:

I must admit,finding ourselves with the best win ratios of any manager in years and narrowly missing out on promotion,plus dragging us out of the relegation zone and up around the play offs last time around doesn't really compare to our new innovative forward looking managers death dive into league one.

I can see your point.

1 minute ago, Jimbo Ram said:

We sacked Mac and he went to Newcastle. I would happily go back to those days getting in the play offs or just missing out. How far we have now fallen both on and off the pitch. Agree a lot of fans are fickle though...

Jimbo - completely agree re the 13/14 season - clough’s team and sparked up by Mac and the loan signings. We all do. Amazing football. Also agree re fickle football fans....

but re Mac and Newcastle - he ditched us. He wouldn’t distance himself from all the rumours and out form dropped like a stone as a result. 

1 minute ago, Eaststander7 said:

Jimbo - completely agree re the 13/14 season - clough’s team and sparked up by Mac and the loan signings. We all do. Amazing football. Also agree re fickle football fans....

but re Mac and Newcastle - he ditched us. He wouldn’t distance himself from all the rumours and out form dropped like a stone as a result. 

He did, he repeatedly committed to us, but not worth going over this again...I would still take him over Wazza every day of the week....

1 minute ago, kash_a_ram_a_ding_dong said:

I must admit,finding ourselves with the best win ratios of any manager in years and narrowly missing out on promotion,plus dragging us out of the relegation zone and up around the play offs last time around doesn't really compare to our new innovative forward looking managers death dive into league one.

I can see your point.

Different times - we had money then. We don’t have a pot to p*ss in now.

Mac ditched us for Newcastle- short memories? 

Just now, Jimbo Ram said:

He did, he repeatedly committed to us, but not worth going over this again...I would still take him over Wazza every day of the week....

He never ruled it out - it was obvious his head was turned and we slipped down the table as a result. Unforgivable 

1 minute ago, Eaststander7 said:

He never ruled it out - it was obvious his head was turned and we slipped down the table as a result. Unforgivable 

I am not being drawn in to this discussion again, suffice to say the Toon rumours circulated way before the dip in form. That coincided with losing about 7 first team players to injury, all quality players and that led to the slump.

1 minute ago, kash_a_ram_a_ding_dong said:

As I recall he was sacked despite denying his interest in newcastle.

Distorted memories?

So we slipped down the table as he wouldn’t rule it out. We sacked and him Jesus wept guess where he ended up?!! 

2 minutes ago, Jimbo Ram said:

I am not being drawn in to this discussion again, suffice to say the Toon rumours circulated way before the dip in form. That coincided with losing about 7 first team players to injury, all quality players and that led to the slump.

Well it’s all about opinion - that’s the beauty of football... 

but with that squad - I remember Martin was out which was a huge loss - but we should have been able to cope 

Would be interesting to see how he’d do with no cash. Don’t forget the 13/14 team was Nigel clough’s plus bamford, Thorne, wisdom etc