Get him gone.

Rev

9 minutes ago, Ramarena said:

I don’t even know what you’re trying to say here. Has very little relevance to what I said.

You were saying it was a problem with attitude and application (although he was still picked, which showed the squad quality!). I suggested in return you could currently suggest that out of contract players have no real feeling for the club and can't be bothered - just as likely as your supposition. How do you know they don't have other things lined up, they've been free to since January.

Edited by RoyMac5

14 minutes ago, Nuwtfly said:

Can see your point: there needs to be a plan in place.

One of the biggest criticisms of Mel Morris' tenure should be his consistent chopping and changing, not necessarily of managers, but of managers who have very different styles/visions for the way we play. take this for example:

- Clement (possession), to Pearson (low possession, counter), to McClaren (possession/overload) to Rowett (low possession, counter), to Lampard (total gamble), to Cocu (possession), to Rooney (total gamble).

But every single one of these appointments can be justified for one simple reason: the right appointment can transform any team.

There's so many examples of this in the game that I won't bore you with them, but look perhaps at the recent effect of say: Bielsa on that Leeds team, Warnock on that Boro team, McCarthy on that Cardiff team. Same players at the beginning of their tenure, total transformation in playing style (and results).

The Rooney gamble hasn't worked and we're hurtling towards relegation. We have 1 win in our last 12 games. Can you really blame supporters for feeling like time is up on this marketing-appointment and wanting the club to have another go at making the right appointment?

I agree Nuwtfly, I dont think Rooney has been a success I just saw quite a few posters seemingly only blaming the manager when its clear to me the players have let everyone down, including themselves.

Edited by The Scarlet Pimpernel

5 minutes ago, The Scarlet Pimpernel said:

I agree Nuwtfly, I dont think Rooney has been a success I just saw quite a few posters seemingly only blaming the manager when its clear to me the players have let everyone down, including themselves.

I don't think anyone comes out of this with any respectability, except perhaps Bielik.

30 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

You were saying it was a problem with attitude and application (although he was still picked, which showed the squad quality!). I suggested in return you could currently suggest that out of contract players have no real feeling for the club and can't be bothered - just as likely as your supposition. How do you know they don't have other things lined up, they've been free to since January.

Hold on a second........

You’re on record as saying these players are useless and the sole reason for us going down.........But now there’s a line of suitors snapping these hopeless players up before the summer? ?

So we have useless players who are now playing badly purely because of their contract situation.................But they’re not good enough for us?

Is that correct?

41 minutes ago, The Scarlet Pimpernel said:

Yep I’ve stated before the players have to take some blame. We have a lower mid table squad talent wise, but they have failed to realise their potential/ability.

That said Rooney’s time at this club as either player or manager has been poor the initial honeymoon aside.

5 hours ago, The Scarlet Pimpernel said:

I feel uncomfortable with the feeding frenzy regarding Rooney at the moment. He's not been a success so far obviously so is not immune from criticism by any means but personally I think the players are, as usual, getting an easy ride. Jamie Ward after the match on Tuesday on radio Derby  said it how it is.... "none of those players left it all on the pitch". His focus was continually the players not the management. 

Why aren't the players giving 100%? Could it be the lax attitude given in public by Rooney who from the very beginning has stated they definitely won't go down? That they're too good to go down? His interview after the stoke game was very revealing- saying that now the players knew they were in a relegation battle, the question is why wasn't this drilled into them from the very beginning? Yes, the players may have developed a lax attitude but this has been allowed to fester and settle so some blame has to go onto management for that.

3 minutes ago, Ramarena said:

So we have useless players who are now playing badly purely because of their contract situation.................But they’re not good enough for us?

Is that correct?

What is the problem with the players we have not being good enough/inconsistent and knowing it and not being able to raise their game? When did I say 'purely' you add bits in that suit. 

Just now, Leeds Ram said:

Why aren't the players giving 100%? Could it be the lax attitude given in public by Rooney who from the very beginning has stated they definitely won't go down? That they're too good to go down? His interview after the stoke game was very revealing- saying that now the players knew they were in a relegation battle, the question is why wasn't this drilled into them from the very beginning? Yes, the players may have developed a lax attitude but this has been allowed to fester and settle so some blame has to go onto management for that.

Don't you think that some of that was for the media and some to not put too much pressure on the players - look at how they responded when it was pointed out the Blackburn match was 'must win'. They crumbled.

Just now, RoyMac5 said:

What is the problem with the players we have not being good enough/inconsistent and knowing it and not being able to raise their game? When did I say 'purely' you add bits in that suit. 

Ok I’ll retract the purely.

In glad you didn’t disagree with any of the other points I made ?

Just now, RoyMac5 said:

Don't you think that some of that was for the media and some to not put too much pressure on the players - look at how they responded when it was pointed out the Blackburn match was 'must win'. They crumbled.

Guaranteeing to the public that we won't go down because the players are too good to do so isn't taking the pressure off... as I've said a few times the stoke post match interview just gave us a small insight into the mentality that crept into management and player which has led us here. My suspicion is that as soon as we went on a run of form that dragged us 8 points above the drop, Rooney and co. thought job done for the season and so did the players- he was talking about automatic promotion next season ffs. 

4 hours ago, Tyler Durden said:

You can't just have a group of staff and say go on lads just do what you need to do without any direction, leadership, MOTIVATION and so on. It's ridiculous to even suggest that.

That's almost exactly how my workplace operates.

It's probably why the retention rate for our employees is so high.

56 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

And it seems a novice Manager who doesn’t seem to have the experience or ability to get the best out of them on a consistent basis....