Relegation watch

Spanish

Our away form is terrible. We have lost 7 times in 10 away games since the turn of the year.

This is why March and April always looked tough to me. If we’re away, you can almost bank on a win for the opposition because we’re so poor in both boxes.

Preston and Blackburn might be out of form and have little to play for, but the same was said of Stoke and they still found a way to win. 

We’re too easy to beat right now and defensively we give away too much.

I am not sure why people think we’ll be safe with 3 games to spare. It certainly won’t be of our own doing. It will take a spectacular collapse from Rotherham or Sheff Wed.

I expect the pressure will be right on going into Birmingham at home.

6 minutes ago, Jourdan said:

Our away form is terrible. We have lost 7 times in 10 away games since the turn of the year.

This is why March and April always looked tough to me. If we’re away, you can almost bank on a win for the opposition because we’re so poor in both boxes.

Preston and Blackburn might be out of form and have little to play for, but the same was said of Stoke and they still found a way to win. 

We’re too easy to beat right now and defensively we give away too much.

I am not sure why people think we’ll be safe with 3 games to spare. It certainly won’t be of our own doing. It will take a spectacular collapse from Rotherham or Sheff Wed.

I expect the pressure will be right on going into Birmingham at home.

I agree, talk of easy wins at Blackburn and Preston is misguided with our very poor away form....

2 minutes ago, Jimbo Ram said:

I agree, talk of easy wins at Blackburn and Preston is misguided with our very poor away form....

I think it will come down to home form in the final few weeks.

Rotherham have five home games still to play.

Sheff Wed have four home games to play.

Coventry have three home games to play.

We have two. Hopefully four points will be enough but I can foresee a scenario where those two points could be the difference between us staying up and going down.

No doubt in my mind that we are in big trouble. We need Rotherham to lose three out their next four games. All things being equal in principle they would then be four points adrift of us and there being five games to go. Because of the sequence of games this is not going to work that way but it means that even losing three out of their four games in hand would still make them a threat. On present form. We are going down but we have five games to prevent that happening. Brum and Wendies are games that we could lose which would make survival look difficult. We will only be favourites to win against Wendies in my opinion.

10 minutes ago, Jourdan said:

We have two. Hopefully four points will be enough but I can foresee a scenario where those two points could be the difference between us staying up and going down.

Crikey ?

1 minute ago, Rampage said:

No doubt in my mind that we are in big trouble. We need Rotherham to lose three out their next four games. All things being equal in principle they would then be four points adrift of us and there being five games to go. Because of the sequence of games this is not going to work that way but it means that even losing three out of their four games in hand would still make them a threat. On present form. We are going down but we have five games to prevent that happening. Brum and Wendies are games that we could lose which would make survival look difficult. We will only be favourites to win against Wendies in my opinion.

Huddersfield aren’t out of the equation, tricky run in...

Our record away to Blackburn is poor but we owe them one after them smashing us at home. We always seem to do well away to Preston even if we are in poor form and play badly.

I know people are writing us off due to our bad form but in the last 10 games where we have got 6pts Sheff W & Rotherham have hardly done any better so it would take both of them to seriously change their form to overtake us, and if they can turn it around so drastically why cant we? Hopefully Byrne, Waggy & Clarke will be back for Blackburn

4 minutes ago, Rampage said:

On form based over the last 10 games we would still be safe

One of the bottom 7 is going to go on a run and win most of their remaining games, one will do the opposite and not win another game and the others will so something in between. 

It's anybody's guess which one we're going to be, hopefully not the second option. 

People keep saying about all Rotherham's home games being an advantage, but they have the worst home record in the division and have a better away record, but doesn't mean it can't change.

26 minutes ago, Jourdan said:

I am not sure why people think we’ll be safe with 3 games to spare.

I won't say we WILL be safe, but I do think we have enough in us to be able to say we CAN be safe. 

That said, we need to improve further and significantly from today, for that to come true. 

I'm thinking, particularly away, that scrappy 1-0 wins is how we could achieve it. 

I do generally agree with you Jourdan..we are really cutting it fine and nothing is certain. There is a relatively high likelihood that things could go horribly wrong..... 

1 minute ago, ram59 said:

One of the bottom 7 is going to go on a run and win most of their remaining games, one will do the opposite and not win another game and the others will so something in between. 

It's anybody's guess which one we're going to be, hopefully not the second option. 

People keep saying about all Rotherham's home games being an advantage, but they have the worst home record in the division and have a better away record, but doesn't mean it can't change.

Brum are on that run

18 minutes ago, DCFC1388 said:

On form based over the last 10 games we would still be safe

Let us hope that is what happens. Six points out of last ten games is 2.5 points over next five games. Call it three points for a 46 point finish. I have little confidence that it would keep us up. If it did maybe on goal difference.

2 minutes ago, Jourdan said:

I don't think it matters how many home games you have, there is no fans in the stadiums. The next 7 days holds the key to where the Rams might be. Looking at the current table, the bottom 7 teams are trying to avoid the drop. I could be wrong, but Blackburn and above look safe to me. On Tuesday Sheff Wed play their game in hand over us, which is home to Swansea (They need to win it to close the gap to 5pts on us). The same night Huddersfield play Bournemouth, thats their game in hand over us. Rotherham play QPR, who just spanked Wednesday. Then on Thursday, Rotherham play another of their games in hand against Coventry (draw would be the best result for us). That game will be Coventry's game in hand over us.

So we go into next weekends fixtures with Birmingham, Derby, Huddersfield, Coventry, Sheff Wed and Wycombe all having played 41 league games. Rotherham will have only 2 games in hand, so the picture will become clearer. The weekend fixture are; Swansea v Wycombe, Sheff Wed v Bristol, Rotherham v Birmingham, Forest V Huddersfield, Coventry v Barnsley and Blackburn V Rams.

I would like to point out some factors, 4 of the bottom 7 would have played a mid-week game (Rotherham would have played 2). Only Wycombe, Birmingham and the Rams will have a longer recovery time. Some are up against teams still chasing promotion, some are playing each other in the relegation battle over the next 7 days. Some fans are worried about Rotherham (the only team in the bottom 7 with a better goal diff than us). IF, they manage to win their next 3 games against QPR, Coventry and Birmingham, that would mean 2 of them teams would be still in the mix with them and us. Then Rotherham have a midweek match against M'Boro followed by Barnsley and Brentford who all happen to be in the current top 10 of the table. Rotherham's record against the current top 10 is just one win.

I will stick with my predictions of Wycombe, Sheff wed, and Rothertham getting relegated. Even with Wednesday's 6 point deduction at the begining of the season would still put them in a relegation position if it was rescinded.

30 minutes ago, ram59 said:

They only have the worst home record in the division because they have played three fewer home games than the majority of the division.

I think the reason why people believe Rotherham’s home games could be crucial is because all of the teams they play have largely poor or mixed away records.

Birmingham have the best away record of the teams they will face, yet 12 teams also have a better away record than Birmingham currently.

I think it’s an advantage because when it comes to the crunch, you’d back yourself to win a big home game more times than you would a tricky away game.