Home v Norwich Matchday Thread

sage

• Replies 852
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Beetroot said:

Other teams' fans will be saying the same about us next season when we're out playing Northampton and Fleetwood.

Given that the predicted points for today from any sane fan would be 0, I don't think today's result will have any bearing on where we are playing next season. Now, next weekend's result might! 

First 45 mins, they deserve to be leading. The movement from them is very good, the passing from us excellent and crap in equal measure.

I do think we will have chances, but we need to pass with tempo to our own players, McDonald needs to gamble a little going forward.

1-0 is probably better than I thought we would be at half time after having 3 players booked in the first 20 mins.

3 minutes ago, LincsRam said:

About 5 times now McDonald has been given the ball with a chance to go forward and has played it back? He does understand what a wing back does right

Yeh it's almost like he is an 18 year old on debut against the best team in the league and been run ragged all first half with no cover in front of him.

Oh and he is playing full back not wing back..

Norwich playing like a team that’s been together for three years. Funny that!! Also confident and on a winning run.
Sometimes you have to accept when the other team is just better. We’ve hung in there, shown some good moments, issue is we’re not going to have many chances which puts more pressure on that final pass or shot needing to be right.

If we can sneak a point here it would be a great result. It’s the next 3 games that will make or break us regardless of how the other scores go today.

7 minutes ago, DarkFruitsRam7 said:

He was average. Didn't do anything special, but wasn't half as bad as people made out. 

Really? Because from what I remember he looked lazy, uniteressted and was downright awful. So bad that even most of the people on the forum wanted him gone at some point.

6 minutes ago, RamNut said:

McDonald again. Played in by Lawrence and passes back?

I don't know what they teach them at the academy, every player that comes through seems to be frightened to do anything positive and instead takes the easy option and pass back. No fans in the ground either so why are they so scared. Something very wrong with the culture at the football club

Just now, sage said:

Yeh it's almost like he is an 18 year old on debut against the best team in the league and been run ragged all first half with no cover in front of him.

Oh and he is playing full back not wing back..

So he is forward anyway, so why not carry on?

I am not buying this age malarky, its not like he was born and found himself at 18 years old on the pitch, he has played at all levels inbetween. He is on the pitch and is open to criticism like anybody else.

I think we’ve done ok. 
Poor play by Fozzy has cost us. 

Have to hope we don’t nod off and let another soft goal in. 

I’ll stick with my original preference for ebosele and Buchanan, Mitchell-Lawson with Lawrence up front. Roberts and joswig wide. (but probably on opposite sides). 

I am encouraged by us putting some good moves together and are just lacking a positive final ball or taking a shot when the opportunity comes or time a run better. Their goal and chances have mainly come when we have gifted them the ball. Which team would give the ball to the opposition so easily when playing the top of the league. Ridiculous!!

Just now, LincsRam said:

So he is forward anyway, so why not carry on?

I am not buying this age malarky, its not like he was born and found himself at 18 years old on the pitch, he has played at all levels inbetween. He is on the pitch and is open to criticism like anybody else.

You've been given a huge opportunity to play for Derby County, you should be eager to get forward and make something happen. Why so negative? I just don't get it

Archived