v Reading (a) Matchday Thread

Parsnip

• Replies 612
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Anyway, moving on from the world class Max Lowe!

Tough game today. I’d go 4-2-3-1. Same back 7. I’d like to see a 3 of Roberts, Lawrence and Sibley behind CKR. All 3 can go wide or play just behind and interchange positions throughout. Wouldn’t be surprised if he goes with Shinnie Bird and Knight for his energy though and to make us more solid. Subs could be key to freshen team up as legs tire. A point would be a decent enough result. 

On 03/04/2021 at 17:18, Robert Earnshaws Workrate said:

Easily capable of getting a draw against these lot. They aint anything special.

Nor are we ?

9 hours ago, Millenniumram said:

I don’t agree at all. Lowe was far better than average for us last season, I’m pretty sure the stats had him as the best full back in the League defensively. I’m certain some fans judged Lowe’s performances last season with the preconception that he was a poor player, based on his showings under Lampard. He was a totally different player on his return from Aberdeen - that loan really was the making of him, and that improvement is why he got his Premier League move. For whatever reason Cocu didn’t trust him, but I wouldn’t trust the player judgement of a manager who took us to the bottom of the League...

Now he can’t get a start at bottom of the table Sheff Utd ?

Max Lowe is a good footballer who will probably mature into a good upper championship full back. Sheff utd took a bit of a punt and whilst he's not been the anser this season in the prem I do think he'll be good for them next year.

What's with the brilliant/awful, 1-0 binary classification of players?

1 hour ago, Norman said:

Reading can have a bit of of their own medicine today. 

It was them that stuck 3 past us when we only needed a point to get in the playoffs on the last day of the season, innit? 

That put a smile on my face because if we thought that was bad the complete  clusterfluck Forest made of the last game of last season was unbelievable.
It was nearly impossible for them not to make the playoffs but, my god, what a laugh. ? 

Marshall 

Byrne    Wizzy      Clarke       Buchanan

Shinnie     Bird

Joswiak         Sibley        Lawrence

CKR

31 minutes ago, Woodley Ram said:

feels surreal this, I have just paid my £10 to watch the game and I will be watching it in...................................Reading.  

You could nip down to the madewski, stand in the big car park outside and have a good old booo to celebrate relaxation of lockdown. 

It's blooming perishing down here today tho...wrap up warm! 

Archived