Jump to content

v Reading (a) Matchday Thread


Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, Millenniumram said:

Bit harsh that, thought he was very solid in defence yesterday and very rarely beaten. Do agree in general though - Buchanan is the better player. Forsyth is way too error prone for my liking.

He was a pale shadow of the player he has been, we're accepting ordinary performances as 'good enough'. Like with others in the squad.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 03/04/2021 at 06:54, Dean (hick) Saunders said:

Sir Tom of Lawrence will score and we will smite thee usurpers of the south.

Verily, for the gauntlet they have thrown down and honour must be satisfied. Let the tournament commence for the weather be fair and the wind flutters the pennants. Also this one we must winneth, oh yes indeedy.

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Millenniumram said:

You may laugh, but I’d still take Max Lowe over either Buchanan or Forsyth. He was one of the best LBs in the division last season imo - Buchanan and Forsyth are both not currently at that level.

Is this the same Max Lowe who struggled to hold down a regular starting place at mid table Derby? This is the Max Lowe who was one of the best LB’s in the league?! Mmmm...

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, RoyMac5 said:

He was a pale shadow of the player he has been, we're accepting ordinary performances as 'good enough'. Like with others in the squad.

Agree over the course of the season - I don’t think Forsyth is good enough at this level anymore. He’s declined significantly from his prime a few years back. Just think it’s harsh to draw that conclusion from yesterday’s game, which was one of his stronger performances.

Do agree we need to raise expectation levels of performances in general though. The vast, vast majority of this squad simply isn’t good enough to challenge at the right end of the division, and the sooner we realise that the better.

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, enachops said:

Is this the same Max Lowe who struggled to hold down a regular starting place at mid table Derby? This is the Max Lowe who was one of the best LB’s in the league?! Mmmm...

He struggled to hold down his starting place because Cocu bizarrely kept dropping him for Malone, despite the fact Lowe was clearly the better player, and had very few poor performances imo. Not his fault that Cocu was a muppet.

Link to post
Share on other sites
48 minutes ago, Millenniumram said:

You may laugh, but I’d still take Max Lowe over either Buchanan or Forsyth. He was one of the best LBs in the division last season imo - Buchanan and Forsyth are both not currently at that level.

Interesting viewpoint - I don’t agree both of ours are better in my opinion 

27 minutes ago, Millenniumram said:

He struggled to hold down his starting place because Cocu bizarrely kept dropping him for Malone, despite the fact Lowe was clearly the better player, and had very few poor performances imo. Not his fault that Cocu was a muppet.

Malone is a very good wing back and a fairly poor full back whilst lowe couldn't hold down any position for us but good luck to him I hope he has a good career 

Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, Millenniumram said:

He struggled to hold down his starting place because Cocu bizarrely kept dropping him for Malone, despite the fact Lowe was clearly the better player, and had very few poor performances imo. Not his fault that Cocu was a muppet.

Harsh on Cocu. Lowe was average for Derby. Weak in the air, inconsistent, had some absolute mares and a few decent games. Average. Would fit in well to the current team, and still not be a standout. No where near the best in the league. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Sparkle said:

Interesting viewpoint - I don’t agree both of ours are better in my opinion 

Malone is a very good wing back and a fairly poor full back whilst lowe couldn't hold down any position for us but good luck to him I hope he has a good career 

Wasn’t really meant to be a slight at Malone in all fairness, just saying that Lowe not starting every game for us doesn’t necessarily mean he wasn’t capable of doing so, or that he’s a poor player. Malone certainly seems to be doing a superb for Millwall, so fair play to him.

All this stuff about Lowe is academic anyway, as he got his deserved move to the Premier League. We move on.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, enachops said:

Harsh on Cocu. Lowe was average for Derby. Weak in the air, inconsistent, had some absolute mares and a few decent games. Average. Would fit in well to the current team, and still not be a standout. No where near the best in the league. 

I don’t agree at all. Lowe was far better than average for us last season, I’m pretty sure the stats had him as the best full back in the League defensively. I’m certain some fans judged Lowe’s performances last season with the preconception that he was a poor player, based on his showings under Lampard. He was a totally different player on his return from Aberdeen - that loan really was the making of him, and that improvement is why he got his Premier League move. For whatever reason Cocu didn’t trust him, but I wouldn’t trust the player judgement of a manager who took us to the bottom of the League...

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account.

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.