v Reading (a) Matchday Thread

Parsnip

• Replies 612
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Jimbo Ram said:

Clarke a massive miss, will miss his height against their big attackers. Haven’t got a good feeling about this at all.....

Especially with Edmundson out injured too. First time watching Wis & Mengi together Wis spent most of the game shouting at Mengi, but at least he's not captain this match.

13 minutes ago, Jimbo Ram said:

Clarke a massive miss, will miss his height against their big attackers. Haven’t got a good feeling about this at all.....

Yes we will surely concede a couple. Just got to hope CKR can get on the same wavelength as Tom and Louie - if he does it could be a (rare)high scoring game 

1 minute ago, kevinhectoring said:

Yes we will surely concede a couple. Just got to hope CKR can get on the same wavelength as Tom and Louie - if he does it could be a (rare)high scoring game 

Jao on the bench for them thankfully, they have a couple of shorter, quicker strikers that might suit us better defensively. According to the BBC we are playing 3 at the back with Tom one of our wing backs ?

9 minutes ago, SKRam said:

What is going on with the Everton loanee? He’s played about ten minutes first team??? 

Came in as emergency cover for the mids. He's not going to get game time over Bird, Knight or Shinnie when all are fit. Watson's continued to improve to become out 4th choice CM, with Baningime dropping down to 5th

1 minute ago, JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta said:

Jozwiak aside there isn't much on the bench to change this up if everything goes tits up. Harsh to expect the young lads to bail us out every time. 

Hopefully we get our tactics right. I'd take a point from this one. 

If we're chasing a game, I'd back Stretton to score. He just has the natural ability to be exactly where he needs to be to poke the ball in the net.

Roberts also adds something different on the wings.

1 minute ago, Ghost of Clough said:

Came in as emergency cover for the mids. He's not going to get game time over Bird, Knight or Shinnie when all are fit. Watson's continued to improve to become out 4th choice CM, with Baningime dropping down to 5th

I thought bangemin was a genuine cdm, which neither bird Shinnie or Knight are.... And certainly not louie Watson. Rather seems that it's a tactical decision not to play with a single pivot in a 433, presumably because of concerns over the solidity of central defence. 

Smells to me of a waste of a loan. 

Archived