v Stoke City (A) - Matchday Thread

Bubbles

• Replies 812
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Piiiiisspoor this. 
Players haven’t got a clue where they’re supposed to be positionally. Midfielders and attackers nowhere near each other. Wisdom and Menghi both leaving Brown to run off their shoulders. 
Why play a 352 when players clearly don’t know what they’re doing in that formation? 

What is so wrong with: 

marshall 

byrne wisdom Clarke buchanan 

Shinnie Knight

Roberts Sibley Joz

CKR

??? 

Problem was bird giving the free kick away barker on rams tv thought it was a necessary foul difficult to tell from the camera angle 

Oh dear, Clarke should’ve been told to let it go out for a goal kick, heads it back in to the danger area, Bird decided not to make a challenge and a completely unchallenged header as Knight (not  100% sure) let’s his man go, Roos does a star jump with jazz hands.  Soft goal, poor 

Always the managers fault, right? Every time we have a bad run we call for managers head. What we need is better player recruitment and to leave a manager in charge for a period of time to get their players in. So many fans think a change in manager is a magic wand that will make our squad better. 

I think this is one of the worst Championship seasons for quite a few years but we’re managing to look worse than most. There’s an air of all the players Just wanting the season to be finished. I’m genuinely getting worried this is going down to the last game of the season. 

3 minutes ago, 86 Hair Islands said:

I have literally no idea what our current strategy is. We've no shape, discernible style or game plan. We're basically playing as if we're so terrified of losing that we don't give ourselves a chance to win. I've seen worse Derby sides over the years, but none that looked less motivated.

They have a laugh In training though 

3 minutes ago, kash_a_ram_a_ding_dong said:

Well if you set up not to win you are looking to lose.

I'm struggling to understand Rooney's philosophy I'm afraid.

And it's so bloody,soul destroyingly boring and dull to watch.

When Bielik was in the team, we could set up not concede and do a good job of it. It felt like we could go 180 minutes without conceding which bred confidence in the side and we'd take our chances. It worked and teams can do well that way.

Without Bielik, we've not quite moved on from that set up and lost momentum/confidence. It now feels like we can maybe go 60/70 minutes without conceding, except there's no threat on goal.

Rooney surely shakes things up during the international break.

1 minute ago, Orphanram said:

I think this is one of the worst Championship seasons for quite a few years but we’re managing to look worse than most. There’s an air of all the players Just wanting the season to be finished. I’m genuinely getting worried this is going down to the last game of the season. 

It’s shaping up to be our worst by some distance 

Archived