Cardiff v Derby County match day thread init.

Boycie

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Good thing about the red button coverage is the players are so far away you cant tell who does the bad stuff!  Commentator doesnt know who they are either. And no replays. So I think we look brilliant so far but waggy's having a shocker ??

Just seen the goal again... Clarke tries to step up for the offside then realises Buchanan (I think) is playing the Cardiff guy on by about 3 yards, by that time its too late.

Plenty of blame there, Clarke, Buchannan & Wisdom for giving the guy so much time to pass.

Very disappointed and feel lucky were not 2 or 3 down. Still it’s a young team and I suppose Rooney is trying to find a bit more about his players he has brought in. I’m desperate to see the Sibley that got everybody so excited last season but he looks someway off that at the moment but I’d still like to see him, Shinnie & Bird back in a 3 like we saw in the 3-0 Blackburn last year. 

5 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

I've obviously seen more great centre-halves and fullbacks and captains at Derby than you've had hot dinners.

And let me say, Wisdom is none of them. I didn't want him back when he re-signed him and I don't rate his defensive ability one bit. I'm really not impressed with the crap he's giving to young Mengi.

You can watch as many football games as you want, doesn't mean you understand the game.

Wisdom doesn't need to be a great full back or centre half, he needs to do a job in this league, which is what he does. If you think the problem is with him, then maybe stick to cooking ?

Apart from Shinnie amd Roos you could make a case for taking any of the rest off. What a load of Cocuballshite with players out of position being constantly caught even further out of position. Edmundson has looked ok in previous games at centre half but he’s no midfielder. 
Without Byrne and CKR we have no threat at all. 

Positives - Shaun Barker is a very good co-commentator isn’t he. 

1 minute ago, CBRammette said:

Good thing about the red button coverage is the players are so far away you cant tell who does the bad stuff!  Commentator doesnt know who they are either. And no replays. So I think we look brilliant so far but waggy's having a shocker ??

Also, the half time music is awesome 

Awful performance. Far too slow as Friday was as well. Center Backs not positive enough in possession & MIdfield players not brave enough to receive on the turn between the lines & play forward. The more I watch us without Bielik, the more we miss him. He gets on the ball under pressure on the turn and is always positive.

Byrne for Mengi

Bird for Edmundson

Can't understand Roberts being left out the squad. We lack players who can create & change a game. He needs a run of games in the side ASAP.

Poor 1st half, lucky to be only 1 down.

They are really organised, press our fullbacks and centre mids, happy for us to pass it between cbs as they creep up the pitch and force us to go long and lose it.

We are way too slow on the ball, when we beat the press we take too long, let them get back into shape and we go backwards. 

Only times we have got in a decent position its been Shinnie who is on the ball who doesnt have the creative quality but it shows the space is there. We could do with Sibley in that space to turn and run at them.

Dog poo all over. 

Some of our ‘experienced’ players absolutely shocking.

Wisdom constantly out of position and berating those around him instead. 

Clarke having a mare and again playing pointless keep ball when midfielders come short and show for it or get some space out wide.

Buchanan causes us more problems from Our own throw ins than theirs. Also needs to actually look up field and play the ball early. 

Mengi looks like a little boy lost. 

Shiine some nice runs forward but can’t pass to a pink shirt, again. 

Edmundon has tried to get on the ball and play it forward but is having to stand on the centre backs to get involved in their game of tennis. 

Front 3 moving a lot but the service to them  has been woeful. Both Wisdom and Buchanan not overlapping or giving any real support so both Sibbo and Joz playing against 2/3 men all the time. 

Gregory not a factor against those towers at the back. Looks on his heels all the time. 

So, basically crap all round. 

2 minutes ago, CBRammette said:

Best thing to do is turn the sound off. And the picture to be fair ?

3 minutes ago, CBRammette said:

Yes the commentator is really on the ball, forgot bout the 6 mins of injury time...

Just now, Jimbo Ram said:

When the team play collectively a load of rubbish it’s always one or two individuals fault ?

We're playing it out from the back - he's there. But where was he for the goal and some of their chances? He's giving the young lad poo for what reason? He reminds me of Keogh there - point and shout lots at other people when you've screwed up.

Archived