Cardiff v Derby County match day thread init.

Boycie

I have a confession, I watched that old Danny Dyer Football Factory episode filmed in Turkey earlier (apologies). He goes to the Fenerbache/ Galatasary Derby. 

No wonder this game seems sterile. No passion, no beer, no chanting, no energy, no tackling, no fun, no interest..we lose..meh turn tv over. Really disillusioned today, literally could walk to the local patch of grass and watch something similarly unengrossing. Really drab and heartless.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Big wake up call from the play off places to where we are, surprising really because we have played well against the top teams in the last few months. As usual when you press us high, we fold like a cards, you cant play though the press if you play slow

I know they’re a good side on form but this has been without a doubt the worst performance of the season so far for me. Only positive is that we are only 1 down which still gives us a chance of getting back into it. The last few games the movement off the ball from our players is so so lazy. The times we did get in their half were mostly throw ins, and defensively...my god, I have no words for how open we were. 

6 minutes ago, drgoodspeak said:

The commentator on 45 minutes “One last opportunity for Derby...” You then hear the stadium announcement “The fourth official has indicated six minutes of added time”.

Who is this clown?

Trouble is, he wasn’t wrong!

2 minutes ago, minesahartington said:

Perhaps waggys tireless endeavours may be a bit more appreciated after watching this. 

If Waghorn had been the only change and we saw the same performance I’d get what you mean...but it’s practically a new team out there playing their first full match together.

I miss Byrne and Knight’s efforts much more than Waghorn’s. 

Well I don't think we've got many games as wrong as this one so far.

4 CB's and 2 CDM's. Painful. The irony being our cloggers can't even defend like they've been put in to do! 

Shake it up Wazza, I can't be arsed with another half like that. 

One of the most inept first half performance i have seen for a long time! I have not seen the stats but Kelle Roos must have kicked the ball more times than the entire Cardiff team!!! Grrrrrrrr! Come on Derby for Christ sake at least look up and play the ball forward. We losing you know??

Archived