Cardiff v Derby County match day thread init.

Are we at Home for the third consecutive fixture?     
No.  Surprisingly we are away this time.  In the actual city of Cardiff, no less.

What day is it on? 
It is next Tuesday, 2nd March 2021.

What time is Kick Off?
The game kicks off at 1900hrs (That's 7pm for non-military personnel).

Will it be available on RamsTV?
Yes, I do believe it will be available on RamsTV... and Yes, I do believe it will be free for current season ticket holders.

doyourownresearch.com  🙄

Roos

Byrne        Wisdom   Clarke   Fozzy

Edmundson  Bird  Knight

Sibley

CKR.                    Gregory 

Fozzy and Byrne would have to push forward to provide the width, Knight also playing further forward.

Tough game this, a point would be a good result for me. I’ll be happy if we come through with no injuries, McCarthy teams are no shrinking violets when it comes to dishing out the rough stuff.

I’d keep Roos in goal an’ all and try to accommodate Edmundson in the team, thought we had one or two passengers last night and we don’t really have the luxury of that.

8 minutes ago, Pearl Ram said:

Tough game this, a point would be a good result for me. I’ll be happy if we come through with no injuries, McCarthy teams are no shrinking violets when it comes to dishing out the rough stuff.

I’d keep Roos in goal an’ all and try to accommodate Edmundson in the team, thought we had one or two passengers last night and we don’t really have the luxury of that.

Like Watford, a free hit this one....

to many sub standard performances last night for me. andre, joz im looking at u.

marshall out - bad back so id go

roos

byrne.     eddy.               clarke.    lee b

knight.   bird.   shinnie

roberts.                                         wagg/sib

king kaz

Would take 3 points from the next 2 games now. 4 would be brilliant.

Wouldnt change it too much as we need a team to scrap against Cardiff. We need to keep the defensive approach get the points we need and worry about the creativity balance next season.

Assuming Marshall is out:

Roos 

Byrne         Edmundson  Clarke     Forsyth 

Bird      Shinnie  Knight 

Waghorn     CKR     Roberts 

Wouldn’t complain if Sibley gets the nod over Roberts. Think Jozwiak needs some time out the team. Waggy in purely for work rate and experience not due to form. We’re crying out for Lawrence coming back to add some competition.

Roos

Byrne  Wisdom Edmundson  Forsyth   

Knight  Shinnie 

Sibley 

Roberts                                Waghorn 

CKR

Okay, so lots of changes for me. One or two look traumatised by the pressure of two games a week. 

I thought Sibley looked bright last night and we didn't see the dopey side of his game. Roberts is frustrating but has the skill to create. Waghorn has improved. 

If we play Sibley we need the graft of Knight and Shinnie. 

Lee B looks like he's struggling a bit so deserves a rest. Clarke too looks like a man out of love with football. Sometimes little injuries can wear you down. Again, just a short break to get his appetite back. 

BUT Wisdom and Edmundson looked like they had never met when they started against Watford. They need to communicate from the off. 

It's a Mick McCarthy team we're up against, so we kind of know what to expect. Keep the back 4 as is. Roos in for Marshall. Baningime in for Bird (purely because I'd like to see what he can do). Knight and Sibbo playing as more like attacking mids than wingers with the full backs getting forward. And God always looks more threatening when he's got a strike partner up there with him. 

Roos
Byrne  Wisdom  Clarke  Buchanan
          Baningime  Shinnie
Knight                                   Sibley
             Kazim  Gregory

Cardiff have been very strong at home recently, so I'm prepared for the worst (although my gut tells me we could sneak a 0-1 win). COYR! 🐑

4 minutes ago, Anag Ram said:

Roos

Byrne  Wisdom Edmundson  Forsyth   

Knight  Shinnie 

Sibley 

Roberts                                Waghorn 

CKR

Okay, so lots of changes for me. One or two look traumatised by the pressure of two games a week. 

I thought Sibley looked bright last night and we didn't see the dopey side of his game. Roberts is frustrating but has the skill to create. Waghorn has improved. 

If we play Sibley we need the graft of Knight and Shinnie. 

Lee B looks like he's struggling a bit so deserves a rest. Clarke too looks like a man out of love with football. Sometimes little injuries can wear you down. Again, just a short break to get his appetite back. 

BUT Wisdom and Edmundson looked like they had never met when they started against Watford. They need to communicate from the off. 

If there is 1 game we need Clarke to play in it’s against Cardiff, with their threat in the air and physical approach. Clarke seemed to win every header last night despite not having his best game. Forsyth needs to come in and add physical presence too and also I think Lee needs a breather. Our midfield just looks lost without Bielik. I have suggested that’s where we can get Edmundson in. Not sure the Knight, Shinnie and Bird threesome will be strong enough at Cardiff. We are crying out for some creativity, could really do with Tom back and Sibley needs to start. Our lack of depth in central midfield is showing, can’t comment on the Everton loanee as never seen him play. 

Roos (if Marshall not fit?)

Edmundson  Wisdom  Clarke 

Byrne  Baningime  Shinnie  Buchanan

Sibley/Roberts   

CKR   Gregory 

Think we’ll revert to 3 at the back same as how Cardiff play?! Think I would give Knight a rest, been off it lately, stick with Shinnie and bring Baningime in for some more physicality. Sibley or Roberts in behind CKR and Gregory. Jozwiak needs a rest also, he seems to have gone backwards, probably trying too hard?

10 hours ago, Carnero said:

Resting Knight & Shinnie for this one...

Roos

Edmundson  Wisdom  Clarke 

Byrne    Baningime   Bird   Buchanan 

Sibley 

CKR        Gregory

Not a bad call provided bangemin can tackle and cover