The coronabrexit thread. I mean, coronavirus thread

Gone

38 minutes ago, Chester40 said:

Ever get the feeling someone has over ordered on some dodgy merchandise and have lots of excess stock and they desperately don't want to admit it? 

You thinking of starting up an export business? ?

4 hours ago, Chester40 said:

Ever get the feeling someone has over ordered on some dodgy merchandise and have lots of excess stock and they desperately don't want to admit it? 

This is exactly what has happened. All businesses have been offered lateral flow testing kits to get rid of stock. As soon as they run out, the need for testing will disappear. Due to the threat of a five year custodial sentence for breaking a non disclosure agreement with the Ministry of defence (yes, MOD, not DHSC), I cannot divulge more. 

22 hours ago, jono said:

I just wish we could all employ more common sense, police included. I doubt there is a single person on here that hasn’t, at the very least, skirted with none compliance in some minor way. It would be impossible not to.

Waves

5 hours ago, Mostyn6 said:

This is exactly what has happened. All businesses have been offered lateral flow testing kits to get rid of stock. As soon as they run out, the need for testing will disappear. Due to the threat of a five year custodial sentence for breaking a non disclosure agreement with the Ministry of defence (yes, MOD, not DHSC), I cannot divulge more. 

You’ve said enough!

take him down!

5 hours ago, Eddie said:

Waves

Is that a sort of wave as you pass by in your horse drawn phaeton, (with built in beer dispenser ) a sort of gracious acknowledgement to your subjects .. or what the sea does when it meets the shore in a friendly benign sort of way ?

29 minutes ago, jono said:

Is that a sort of wave as you pass by in your horse drawn phaeton, (with built in beer dispenser ) a sort of gracious acknowledgement to your subjects .. or what the sea does when it meets the shore in a friendly benign sort of way ?

It's a wave of acknowledgement, as opposed to smugness. I have played absolutely everything by the book, and even though I suspect that my eyesight is fading as badly as my hearing, I haven't driven to Barnard Castle once. I will also add that I've hated every minute of it.

14 minutes ago, Eddie said:

It's a wave of acknowledgement, as opposed to smugness. I have played absolutely everything by the book, and even though I suspect that my eyesight is fading as badly as my hearing, I haven't driven to Barnard Castle once. I will also add that I've hated every minute of it.

Hat off to you Eddie with no backswipe at all. I’ve towed the line too but there has been the odd fuzzy edge. I’ll continue but like you it’s wearing me down. Thing is the world relies on 80% of us doing mostly what’s right because we have a brain and if it’s fair and sensible we muck in. The other 20% serve to irritate anger and amuse in equal measure. Que sera sera

40 minutes ago, Eddie said:

Conveniently ignoring the 1000s who have died importing your Belgian beer into the country.

And have you really kept to the recommended 21 units per week too? Covidiot!

3 hours ago, ariotofmyown said:

Conveniently ignoring the 1000s who have died importing your Belgian beer into the country.

And have you really kept to the recommended 21 units per week too? Covidiot!

Reckless sod.

It's 14 units now for both men and women. 

Bloody Thatcher.

On 04/04/2021 at 13:51, Gerry Daly said:

I think most reasonable people can see that in these exceptional circumstances something like this is needed. Its clear it will only be temporary. I think the people worrying about civil liberties of 'ethical concerns' just need to accept that we are not in the right place for idealism and some rough and ready make the best of a bad job measures are the best we can do  

Unfortunately the people who complain about civil liberties the most are not reasonable people and never will be. 

On 01/04/2021 at 00:38, ariotofmyown said:

Hmmmmmmmm. 

Texas, no masks, no social distancing, everything open including full stadiums and cases dropping. Hmmmmmmm indeed 

22 minutes ago, TexasRam said:

Texas, no masks, no social distancing, everything open including full stadiums and cases dropping. Hmmmmmmm indeed 

You do recall that my 'hmmmmmm' was a response to your speculation that restrictions may have actually caused more deaths? That has little to do with the stadium in Texas being the only baseball ground in US to allow a full capacity crowd.

Texas has vaccinated about 17% of it's people, one of the lowest states in USA.

35% of Texas are obese.

Not sure this is going to end well.

8 minutes ago, ariotofmyown said:

You do recall that my 'hmmmmmm' was a response to your speculation that restrictions may have actually caused more deaths? That has little to do with the stadium in Texas being the only baseball ground in US to allow a full capacity crowd.

Texas has vaccinated about 17% of it's people, one of the lowest states in USA.

35% of Texas are obese.

Not sure this is going to end well.

No the hmmmmm was because I said if we didn’t have restrictions there is no proof the deaths would have been any different.  

Guess time will, it’s been open for over a Month now?!?!? 

5 hours ago, EtoileSportiveDeDerby said:

Genuine question, not stirring it, what happened to Albert and G Star Ram?

Did they go with Coronavirus thread MK1?

Still here, just not a lot to be bothered commenting about; I am by and large a lurker on here. 

The UK's vaccine rollout has been very competent, and while there's still some nutty stuff being spread about, we've all heard it before. I could go on about the comedy of errors that is Australia's vaccine rollout, emphasising my point that the Australian federal government has handled the crisis here pretty poorly, but lucked out on the states actually doing something, but it's not really relevant for this forum. 

2 hours ago, Albert said:

Still here, just not a lot to be bothered commenting about; I am by and large a lurker on here. 

The UK's vaccine rollout has been very competent, and while there's still some nutty stuff being spread about, we've all heard it before. I could go on about the comedy of errors that is Australia's vaccine rollout, emphasising my point that the Australian federal government has handled the crisis here pretty poorly, but lucked out on the states actually doing something, but it's not really relevant for this forum. 

We will probably never know why and who was really responsiblè for the initial response to go so spectacularly wrong, the promised public enquiry might though. But i also  wonder if we will find out the who and the why the vaccine roll out is going so well. 

1 hour ago, EtoileSportiveDeDerby said:

We will probably never know why and who was really responsiblè for the initial response to go so spectacularly wrong, the promised public enquiry might though. But i also  wonder if we will find out the who and the why the vaccine roll out is going so well. 

I have heard that the main driver behind the UKs high mortality rate is our general health is so poor in this country, particularly the rates of obesity. I can see how that would affect your chances of surviving a bad infection that hits the lungs.

First it was all about "flattening the curve" but now it's no going back to anything resembling normal until we are as good as virus free, because the British mutation is a whole new deal and must be eradicated completely or society will crumble, bla bla bla.  We are not happy bunnies over here.